Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Best restaurants I can walk up to?

Forgot to mention that I had a nice roast beef sandwich in the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge aboard the S.S. Columbia one afternoon. The price was a bit of a knock on the head, but it was good.

• Minion

I'd like to recommend one more from personal experience: The Cafe Portofino. Their veal loaf in mushroom sauce is to die for; my mouth waters just thinking about it.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Believe it or not, I find the Excalibur buffet to be nicer and more plentiful over the Sailing Day Buffet, but if you are into sushi and stuff you can't recongnize when you look at it, then be my guest.
    Yeah, I just thought I'd rib you a bit because I tried the Exaclibur buffet a couple weeks ago thinking "well, I guess TDLFAN lived" and found myself in the midst of a cattle call for mediocore food where I had to refill my own drinks (which is really pretty incredible since buffet waiters do a lot less than other restaurant waiters even when they do refill drinks.)

Furthermore, I would not waste my time on fancy seatdown places, simply because the cheaper options at TDS are great and varied. In fact much nicer than EPCOT much overhyped restaurants.
    Good to hear, I think. People bitched me out for not doing any special dining on my WDW trip, and I didn't think much of it because (1) I was short $100 by accident and (2) anything other than a character meal when you're alone just reminds you of how alone you are. On the other hand, living where I live, it's not like I don't know what good food tastes like and need Mickey to serve it up for me, at full price with no comp program.

Everytime I have eaten in such places at TDR, I walk up and make the reservation the same day I am there. No problems.
    Sounds good. I was just concerned that with the crowds we've all seen in pictures, that the food options might be completely SLAMMED and that I'd roam the park starving because the lines for food crawl around the building.

Update: Holy cow, TDR's website is deceptively simple looking but actually quite useful. Writing down places where I think I'd like to eat has become easier than I thought.

I mean, you can even see a list of all the places in TDL that serves churros. Not that I'd travel all the way to Japan to eat a churro, but I remember failing to find them at MK and thinking "if this was DL, I'd have found a stand by now!" Granted, this system is not quite as nice as being able to read the menus (even for many of the nicest restaurants) over the web like I can do with our resorts, but it's way better than the help you can get from a certain other, especially massive Disney resort.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Yeah, I just thought I'd rib you a bit because I tried the Exaclibur buffet a couple weeks ago thinking "well, I guess TDLFAN lived" and found myself in the midst of a cattle call for mediocore food where I had to refill my own drinks (which is really pretty incredible since buffet waiters do a lot less than other restaurant waiters even when they do refill drinks.)
    Cattle call pretty much summs up the TDR experience at time, and you don't even get a free refill!!

People bitched me out for not doing any special dining on my WDW trip, and I didn't think much of it because (1) I was short $100 by accident and (2) anything other than a character meal when you're alone just reminds you of how alone you are.
    Most of WDW's so-called "dining experiences" are way to overrated for what they are and the food can be as mediocre as anything found on the strip in Vegas.

I was just concerned that with the crowds we've all seen in pictures, that the food options might be completely SLAMMED and that I'd roam the park starving because the lines for food crawl around the building.
    That only occurs on most terribly crowded days.. which is about 2/3rds of the year. Besides, stop being lazy and do the lines!!!

Not that I'd travel all the way to Japan to eat a churro
    I recommend you try a churro at TDL. Great tastes not available at DL.

but it's way better than the help you can get from a certain other, especially massive Disney resort.
    Wait until you experience that leve l of service in person, and a certain massive resort will never be as magical as you think it is ever again...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Most of WDW's so-called "dining experiences" are way to overrated for what they are and the food can be as mediocre as anything found on the strip in Vegas.
    You did not just put down EVERY restaurant. If you're eating bland food at the Strip then you need to stop eating at Excalibur and get yourself to Circo at Bellagio or Tableau at Wynn!

I recommend you try a churro at TDL. Great tastes not available at DL.
    Will do.

Wait until you experience that leve l of service in person, and a certain massive resort will never be as magical as you think it is ever again...
    I would never, ever expect the American service industry to be as polite and back-breakingly efficient as the Japanese. Different cultures, different work ethics, etc. Just like how I know that asking for the cast to be like the 60s CMs I remember would be stretching it, too. I just merely wish for a return to the Disneyland CMs I saw 15 years ago. That's not too much to ask.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    You did not just put down EVERY restaurant. If you're eating bland food at the Strip then you need to stop eating at Excalibur and get yourself to Circo at Bellagio or Tableau at Wynn!
    Actually I did, and FYI... I have tried several of the so-called exceptional restaurants in the Strip, including Tableau, and I find them just as overrated as anything else that is presented in a luxurious package.
    I just merely wish for a return to the Disneyland CMs I saw 15 years ago. That's not too much to ask.
    Not it's not and that is exactly what you will get at TDR. And more.

• Minion

I have a question:

What is the difference between making a reservation for a restaurant and using priortiy seating? Does making a reservation give you 100% chance in getting a seat as opposed to priority seating or what? And on the official website, it says that you can make priority seating arrangements 6 months ahead of time if you're a hotel guest (which I will be), but only 1 month before for a "reservation". Why only 1 month ahead for an official reservation?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I have a question:

What is the difference between making a reservation for a restaurant and using priortiy seating? Does making a reservation give you 100% chance in getting a seat as opposed to priority seating or what? And on the official website, it says that you can make priority seating arrangements 6 months ahead of time if you're a hotel guest (which I will be), but only 1 month before for a "reservation". Why only 1 month ahead for an official reservation?
    Could you post the link about booking priority seating arrangements 6 months ahead of time? I was under the impression it was only a month for restaurants and 6 months for rooms.

If you don`t mind waiting, you can walk into most restaurants at TDR (the hotel restaurants can be quite difficult without a reservation depending on the time of year).

If you like meeting some characters while you dine at TDS then I recommend the Horizon Bay Restaurant. When I went there, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto were present and though the waiting time was about 30 minutes (it was around noon), I had a wonderful time.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post
    Could you post the link about booking priority seating arrangements 6 months ahead of time? I was under the impression it was only a month for restaurants and 6 months for rooms.

Dining Reservations up to Six Months in Advance
    Guests making hotel reservations through the Tokyo Disney Resort Reservations Center may make dining reservations up to six months in advance for restaurants that use the Priority Seating system in the Parks and the Disney Hotels. With Priority Seating, guests receive a window of time to go to the restaurant so that they may be seated with a minimal wait.
    Quote taken from here:
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...h_tokuten.html

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Zambini Brothers Ristorante, Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen, New York Deli, Cafe Portofino, Casbah Food Court, or Horizon Bay.

Ok holy crap, anything that isn't table service! All of the restaurants are worthy. If you want atmosphere, you need to try Volcania, although I don't like the menu, it's just greasy Chinese. New York Deli has some really good fresh food, Zambini is basic Italian, Japanese style. Also, Casbah Food Court has some good choices as well. You can't go too wrong with food in DisneySea.
    New York Deli has what I'm convinced are the best fries in the universe. We kept going back for another round of fries all afternoon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12