Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Best restaurants I can walk up to?

Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me what the best restaurants are that I don't have to place reservations or something ahead for? Obviously there's a language barrier that keeps me from reserving a seat, so I guess the Blue Bayou style stuff is off my agenda. Is there anything to avoid?

Secondly, I know we've all seen the pictures of that Hunny Hunt line that spirals into infinity, so are the restaurants as bad? Which is to say if I get hungry and want a bite, am I looking at a 30 minute wait to get to a counter?

For the record, my tastes are mostly middle america and I don't care for most ethnic Asian foods. I'm not unwilling to try, since one could argue a trip to Japan would be pointless without it, but I'd rather not spend a fortune on a dish I might not like, and I'd like to keep my squid content low.

• Minion

Re: Best restaurants I can walk up to?

I would highly recommend the Sailing Day Buffet, because it has a wide variety of highly delicious "western" food. We walked up to it twice (once during dinnertime!), and they led us right in without any wait.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

MickeyMania, you won't have any problems at TDR with language. If someone does not speak english, they will get someone who will. Fear NOT! I speak NO japanese and have been getting around TDR and Japan for that matter (by train and bus) with hardly any problems.
    However, in regards to restaurants... please give Queen of Hearts banquet Hall a try...

• Banned User

I second TDLFAN's endorsement of the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall--delicious food! Sometimes there's a brief wait. Eating on the early side usually avoids the wait.

Also, you'll find plenty to eat at Blue Bayou, and all you have to do is ask the concierge at your hotel to make the Priority Seating reservation for you. Otherwise, just walk there in the morning and make the reservation yourself at the podium.

There's also an Italian restaurant in DisneySea right near the end of the main drag where it opens up into the harbor. I think it's called Cannilettos's.

There are plenty of opportunities for hamburgers, pizza, and hot dogs (though Japanese hot dogs are a bit odd until you get used to them) in various spots. There's a tasty Mickey-shaped pepperoni pizza sold at a counter in Toontown. And Mickey-shaped hamburgers at one of the restaurants in Tomorrowland (can't remember if it's the Tomorrowland Terrace).

Don't worry--you'll eat.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    There's also an Italian restaurant in DisneySea right near the end of the main drag where it opens up into the harbor. I think it's called Cannilettos's.
    Heart attack here!! You *NEVER* refer to Mediterranean Harbor as "main drag". EVER!!! That is so so so 6-Flags!!! Promise you will never do that again Mara. And the restaurant you are talking about is the Ristorante Di Canaletto, and it's located at the end of the Venezia area of Mediterranean Harbor, adjacent to American Waterfront. The other ristorante at the opposite end of the Harbour, closest to the Roman Ruins is the Zambini Bros. Ristorante, and a favorite of mine.

*** TDL ***
    Grandma Sara's Kitchen at Critter Country area has comparatively huge capacity in TDL (more than 500seats).
    And its theming is relaxing. ($ out of 3)
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...rest_sara.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...u/cc_sara.html

Though, this is a kind of BlueBayou style, my favorite restaurant in TDL is Eastside Cafe at World Bazaar. ($$)
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...rest_east.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...u/wb_east.html

*** TDS ***
    I love Casbah Food Court the best in TDR. Also this restaurant has 860seats!!! ($) It's a little bit ethnic taste though...
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...st_casbah.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ac_casbah.html

If you miss typical western food, As TDR_Fan mensioned, Sailing Day Buffet at American Waterfront area($$) should be your first choice.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...t_sailing.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...w_sailing.html

Or... Newyork Deli at the same area($)
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...rest_deli.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...u/aw_deli.html

TDS has many BlueBayou style (i.e. reservation recommended) restaurants & a variety of ethnic restaurants. There are plenty of nice restaurants in those ones.

• Banned User

I have to say... Sailing Day Buffet keeps popping on everyone's list, but the day I tried it, I was not all that impressed. While it was nice to "eat all you wanted to eat", I was not all that excited about the food options here. maybe they have changed since last year??

As for the Casbah Food Court in Arabian Coast.. A *must*. Try the Curry Sampler plate.... heaven!! NY Deli is great as well but portions are a bit small for the price you pay. I also highly recommend Zambini's Bros in Mediterranean Harbour, or Ristorante Di Canaletto. HECK! Try all of the restaurants, as they offer unparalled themed dining experiences and varied menus that put EPCOT's World Showcase restaurants to bloody shame.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Okay, so when we're talking about reservations, there's nothing like WDW where you have to make reservations for some fairly moderate items IMMEDIATELY when the window of oppertunity for your dates appear? Someone mentioned making a same-day reservation, so I guess that there's no rush.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have to say... Sailing Day Buffet keeps popping on everyone's list, but the day I tried it, I was not all that impressed. While it was nice to "eat all you wanted to eat", I was not all that excited about the food options here. maybe they have changed since last year??
    You liked the Excalibur buffet, so your opinion on such matters is void anyway. (jk)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    You liked the Excalibur buffet, so your opinion on such matters is void anyway. (jk)
    Believe it or not, I find the Excalibur buffet to be nicer and more plentiful over the Sailing Day Buffet, but if you are into sushi and stuff you can't recongnize when you look at it, then be my guest.
    Furthermore, I would not waste my time on fancy seatdown places, simply because the cheaper options at TDS are great and varied. In fact much nicer than EPCOT much overhyped restaurants.
    As for reservations, most priority seating reservations need to be done the same day, except for those who are staying in the Disney Hotels who can reserve in advance. But I honestly do not have much experience in that field. Everytime I have eaten in such places at TDR, I walk up and make the reservation the same day I am there. No problems.

• World Traveler

We did not have a problem when we went to TDR. As I remember, they had picture menus, so we just pointed at what we wanted. You won't go hungry.

• Banned User

Well.. he lives in Vegas. No one goes hungry there and food is everywhere. I can see why he's concerned. It's like taking that security blanket off his hands...

• Sea Creature

Zambini Brothers Ristorante, Sebastian's Calypso Kitchen, New York Deli, Cafe Portofino, Casbah Food Court, or Horizon Bay.

Ok holy crap, anything that isn't table service! All of the restaurants are worthy. If you want atmosphere, you need to try Volcania, although I don't like the menu, it's just greasy Chinese. New York Deli has some really good fresh food, Zambini is basic Italian, Japanese style. Also, Casbah Food Court has some good choices as well. You can't go too wrong with food in DisneySea.

• Minion

Believe it or not, I find the Excalibur buffet to be nicer and more plentiful over the Sailing Day Buffet, but if you are into sushi and stuff you can't recongnize when you look at it, then be my guest.
    Huh? The Sailing Day Buffet was my favorite restaurant at Tokyo DisneySea BECAUSE of it's delicious food. Where else can you get salmon fillets in tomato sauce, shepherd's pie, and different kinds of soup? They had so many choices of food that I couldn't decide which one to try next. Simply scrumptious and I never saw sushi there either like you mentioned. It was basically all western style food with maybe a bit of ethnic foods as well.

• Banned User

The menu at the sailing Day Buffet must have changed because since my last visit because I really didn't care much for the food in there. However, I was more captivated by the Columbia SS' luggage and cargo storage theme inside of the buffet.

• Minion

The menu at the sailing Day Buffet must have changed because since my last visit because I really didn't care much for the food in there. However, I was more captivated by the Columbia SS' luggage and cargo storage theme inside of the buffet.
    It must have. The food there was simply delicious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast