Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    "Rock Around the Mouse" promo clip

    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ock/movie.html

    Choose player and speed and click on it.

  2. #2

    • Be-Bop Bear
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Posts
    737
    Fun. Makes me miss "Blast to the Past" at Disneyland (1989).
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

    Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

  3. #3

    • Gay Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    3,425
    I can't complain too much when my Wolf and Piggies are included. But, isn't this theme tiresome yet?

  4. #4

    • Colorful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon
    Posts
    4,583
    How creative!

    I am 22 but the 1950's are my favorite musical decade. What a very imaginative way to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland by going back to that era. I am surprised I didn't think about that myself.

    Are they going to be releasing the music from the show on an album sometime soon?

    Brian

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBopper
    Are they going to be releasing the music from the show on an album sometime soon?

    Brian
    Yes. The CD is already on sale at TDL, and releases nationally in Japan on 5/11/05. The cd includes a lot of sings from the era used on the show (but not all) and some original Disney material used in the show as well. Check this link

    http://www.disney.co.jp/records/albu...431/index.html

  6. #6

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134
    Hmm. It looks like Walt Disney World throwing a '50s celebration in the '80s.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940
    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    Hmm. It looks like Walt Disney World throwing a '50s celebration in the '80s.
    I guess that would be because TDL is maintained so much better than the MK that it still looks as new as it did in 1983.

  8. #8

    • Be-Bop Bear
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Yes. The CD is already on sale at TDL, and releases nationally in Japan on 5/11/05. The cd includes a lot of sings from the era used on the show (but not all) and some original Disney material used in the show as well. Check this link

    http://www.disney.co.jp/records/albu...431/index.html
    TDLFAN, have you heard the CD? Would you know if it uses any of Disneyland's "Blast To The Past" tracks?
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

    Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940
    Sorry. I have not heard the CD yet and frankly..even though I did see DL's Blast to The Past several times, I can't remember exactly what tunes were played in that "streetacular".

  10. #10

    • Having a Grand Day!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,185
    I'ts creative, but I'm a bit worried about how the characters are portrayed (esp. Max).

    Will a video be released because there is no way I'm going to get over there in time... I only just got back from Janurary.

    EDIT: Found a Video... Now I'm just mad.
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 05-06-2005 at 09:57 PM.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940
    What exactly is it that makes you mad about RATM?? The 50's personas played by the characters in the show? I personally don't have any problems with that and thought they were pretty funny. I mean...seeing Chip and Dale on Rescue Rangers, or how they portray the classic characters on Mouse House do upset me a bit.

  12. #12

    • Having a Grand Day!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,185
    The day Max Goof plays football (this is my biggest gripe... he's good at a skateboard and thats just about it. He's also a 20 somthing, not 12 like he was in 1992) is the day Donald Duck doesn't get upset one... Whoops! That also Happened!

    The premise of the show is good, and it has it's moments, but it seems hollow. Goofy opens his diner, everbody shows up, they have fun, Cruella gatecrashes, they Drag race, Mickey wins of course, everbody is happy, they leave.

  13. #13

    • Be-Bop Bear
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Sorry. I have not heard the CD yet and frankly..even though I did see DL's Blast to The Past several times, I can't remember exactly what tunes were played in that "streetacular".
    Blast to the Past was never a "streetacular". That term is reserved for LightMagic and subsequent attempts to combine the popular elements of Blast to the Past at Disneyland.

    I think people may forget that Blast had about 4 or 5 shows going on throughout the day, plus the MSEP at night (ahhh... classic Disney entertainment!).

    There was a genuine Blast to the Past parade featuring:
    ~a drive-in movie unit complete with go-go dancing space women
    ~a beach party unit (gotta love those 50's style bikinis!)
    ~a beauty shop unit --- was Cruella the owner or just a client?
    ~A high school homecoming unit with Mickey and Minnie as the prom king and queen (Minnie had this freaky black ponytail growing out of the back of her head!)
    ~and more

    Then there was The Main Street Hop which was a street show that rolled out onto Main Street and then right back to the backstage area when it was over (it never traveled the parade route). The Main Street Hop featured loads of famous 50's songs, giant jukebox performance stages, tons of singing and dancing, Elvis impersonators, and (for some strange reason) a fleet of tiny red Honda motorcylces (I think Honda sponsored the show).

    There was also a Beach Party show in front of Small World, a stage show at Tomorrowland Terrace, and loads of 50's-type characters (non-Disney) walking around The Park.

    If TDL is getting anything close to Disneyland's Blast to the Past, they're in for a real treat!
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

    Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

  14. #14

    • Colorful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon
    Posts
    4,583
    drn,

    Where did you find the video of the show?
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940
    Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    The day Max Goof plays football (this is my biggest gripe... he's good at a skateboard and thats just about it. He's also a 20 somthing, not 12 like he was in 1992) is the day Donald Duck doesn't get upset one... Whoops! That also Happened!

    The premise of the show is good, and it has it's moments, but it seems hollow. Goofy opens his diner, everbody shows up, they have fun, Cruella gatecrashes, they Drag race, Mickey wins of course, everbody is happy, they leave.
    It's just as hollow as the Grease movies!! It's the 50's!!! What did you want them to do?? Daisy pondering a "get-pregnant" scare and singing "There are worse things I could do"?? This is meant as a happy go lucky show. Pure and simply. Even your argument about the charcter portrayals are a bit odd... Mickey is 75 and he still looks 22 on this show!!! Max and all Disney characters will always be portrayed as their ageless selves. 20 yrs from now, Max will still be the eternal teenager to all. They are "characters", not aging real people!! About Donald... watch the show again as he does get mad for a few seconds in one scene.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 07:00 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 07:41 AM
  3. "Smith" & "Fantastic 4" rock DVD holiday gift sales
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 09:25 PM
  4. Fabulous "Cinderellabration: Lights of Romace" video clip!
    By TDLFAN in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •