Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Most upscale restaurant in the Tokyo Disney Resort?

Magellen's is by far the ritziest restaurant on the property, though you can easily spend more on dinner at the high end restaurants in Miracosta and Ambassador. The prices are insane. I took a look at the menu for the high-end joint at the Ambassador last week when I was there and it was $130 a person for the fixed-price "set."

The Blue-Bayou in Tokyo Disneyland is the most "Disney" and atmospheric of any restaurant on property, it's not insanely expensive, and the food is good.

BUT, the best restaurant I've eaten at inthe Resort is Imahan in Ikspiari. It's a small branch of a famous restaurant from Tokyo and they specialize in Shabu-Shabu and Sukiyaki. It's amazingly good and will run you about $70 a person (about average for this type of restaurant in Tokyo). It's located in "Chef's Row" on the fourth floor.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    Magellen's is by far the ritziest restaurant on the property, though you can easily spend more on dinner at the high end restaurants in Miracosta and Ambassador. The prices are insane. I took a look at the menu for the high-end joint at the Ambassador last week when I was there and it was $130 a person for the fixed-price "set."

The Blue-Bayou in Tokyo Disneyland is the most "Disney" and atmospheric of any restaurant on property, it's not insanely expensive, and the food is good.

BUT, the best restaurant I've eaten at inthe Resort is Imahan in Ikspiari. It's a small branch of a famous restaurant from Tokyo and they specialize in Shabu-Shabu and Sukiyaki. It's amazingly good and will run you about $70 a person (about average for this type of restaurant in Tokyo). It's located in "Chef's Row" on the fourth floor.

Interesting opinions. I can't believe I forgot to list the Blue Bayou...I'll have to make sure I dine there too! I've dined at the Blue Bayou at Disneyland before, so this will probably be somewhat similar right?

And you are correct in saying that the food in the hotels are expensive. I ordered the Legend of Mythica set at the BellaVista Lounge and it was $100 per person! It wasn't even that good or special.

I heard that the food at Magellan's is significantly cheaper, at around $30 per person. You say this is the most elegant restuarant on property, yet you say the Blue Bayou is more atmospheric. So what exactly makes Magellan's so "ritzy" if the food nor atmosphere is not the best on property?
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 10-01-2006 at 11:13 AM.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Interesting opinions. I can't believe I forgot to list the Blue Bayou...I'll have to make sure I dine there too! I've dined at the Blue Bayou at Disneyland before, so this will probably be somewhat similar right?

And you are correct in saying that the food in the hotels are expensive. I ordered the Legend of Mythica set at the BellaVista Lounge and it was $100 per person! It wasn't even that good or special.

I heard that the food at Magellan's is significantly cheaper, at around $30 per person. You say this is the most elegant restuarant on property, yet you say the Blue Bayou is more atmospheric. So what exactly makes Magellan's so "ritzy" if the food nor atmosphere is not the best on property?
    Blue Bayou is for the most part identical to the one in Anheim, however the menu is delightfully different, prices are around the same though. Magellan's is just a sight to behold, and yes the food is very ritzy from $50-$70 a person if I remember correctly. It's hard to determine the better atmosphere, Blue Bayou or Magellan's. I guess it depends on your taste in atmosphere. I've never eaten in Magellan's, just looked. Blue Bayou is more "Disney" than Magellan's.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...magellans.html
    You looked here correct? You can see a menu of any restaurant you like if you click on the fork and knife icon.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Blue Bayou is for the most part identical to the one in Anheim, however the menu is delightfully different, prices are around the same though. Magellan's is just a sight to behold, and yes the food is very ritzy from $50-$70 a person if I remember correctly.
    According to that site, Magellan's offers complete meals for about $30
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    It's hard to determine the better atmosphere, Blue Bayou or Magellan's. I guess it depends on your taste in atmosphere. I've never eaten in Magellan's, just looked. Blue Bayou is more "Disney" than Magellan's.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...magellans.html
    You looked here correct? You can see a menu of any restaurant you like if you click on the fork and knife icon.

On the topic of atmosphere, I guess I would prefer something more luxurious. Something that's on par with the theming and atmosphere in the Hotel MiraCosta. Actually, I think the most "Disney" restaurant on propery would be the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. Though I do like dining in a Disney atmosphere, I think I would prefer something a little more "mature" and one that continues the magnificent theming that I love so much. That's not to say that I don't like the theming in Blue Bayou because it's really quite excellent, though I think Magellan's is more tasteful to me.

• Sea Creature

Found the menu:

North Star Y3,675
    Scallop & Salmon Millefeuille
    Cream Soup of Lentil
    Grilled Chopped Ram

Atlantic Y4,200
    Canard Rillettes Salad
    Potato & Leek Soup
    Grilled Sea Bream

Pacific Y4,200
    Mushroom & Vegetables Terrine
    Consomme Beef Soup
    Carf Grilled with Cheese & Bread Crumb Coat

New World Y4,725
    Sauteed Foie Gras
    Grilled Swordfish
    Po^eler Venison

Magellan Y5,775
    Fried Escargot
    Grilled Pie-wrapped Lobster
    Po^eler Beef Fillet

I think the menu on the official site I was having you refer to is seasonal, not sure.

• Minion

The price looks a lot better than the ones at the BellaVista Lounge. One question though: How did you look around Magellan's without being confronted by the waitress? Is there another entrance somewhere?

• Banned User

Since I wasn't going to eat there, I simply walked up to the hostess and asked if it was okay to look around. No problem. Magellan's never seems to be that busy because it's kind of out of the way and expensive. I got the feeling that if it would lead to someone eating there, they'd be happy to let you look around. It's an elegant restaurant with great pretensions--that's what I mean when I say "ritzy."

• Minion

Since I wasn't going to eat there, I simply walked up to the hostess and asked if it was okay to look around. No problem. Magellan's never seems to be that busy because it's kind of out of the way and expensive. I got the feeling that if it would lead to someone eating there, they'd be happy to let you look around. It's an elegant restaurant with great pretensions--that's what I mean when I say "ritzy."
    So am I correct in saying Magellan's is the most elegant restaurant on property? And if it's never that busy, do I even need to make a reservation?

^ the menu above and in the link are usual menu, I think.

The major difference between Blue Bayou and Magellan's is ... whether or not they offers alcohol...

By the way, I took pictures of Magellan's wine list the other day... it was totally embarrassing though... I did it on each page.[smilie=5,44,35]
    But it's still in a SD card, so please allow a few days to write it down here.

The price looks a lot better than the ones at the BellaVista Lounge.
    Oh yes, and if your option doesn't includes hotels & nearby restaurants (in Ikspiari), I recommend Magellin's. Their menu is appropriate to the price. I mean it's not so special... not so bad. Among the menu I love "Magellan" the best. Veal Grilled with Cheese & Bread Crumb Coat from "Pacific" tastes good too (super small portion though ).
    And It goes without saying that their atmosphere is extremely posh & relaxing.

And as for wine, their wine lists are different between restaurants in TDS, If you like wines from Italy you should go to Ristorante di Canaletto. Magellin's have quite few italian wines.
    I'm not sure how different they are, cuz I don't go Ristorante di Canaletto usually. I don't like their pasta (pizza is good) & I can't relax at the restaurant.
    ...I've heard this from a sommelier at Magellin's.

After all, due to the original intent, the most expensive & elegant restaurant is Oceano I suppose.
    You can select buffet or course, but should choose course. If you choose a course, they offers viewing harbor show from their balcony during show time. It's fairly good.

And if the option expands to Ikspiari, There are some expensive restaurants but not extraordinarily experience.
    http://www.ikspiari.co.jp/alanwongs/...ts/dinner.html
    http://www.queen-alice.com/shopinfo/shop_maihama.html
    http://www.imahan.com/e-tenpo/e-ikspiari.html

• Minion

I was going to dine at Oceano this time, but decided on the BellaVista Lounge. I did look around both Oceano and Silk Road Garden. Both looked very classy, but I don't think they looked nearly as nice as Magellan's. Their atmospheres are completely different from my perspective. Oceano seemed very "modern" and Silk Road Garden very "relaxing", while Magellan's feels "first class" to me. I would be staying at the Hotel MiraCosta so all restaurants in there are fair game to be reserved. I think I may be able to include one of the restaurants (probably Oceano) AND Magellan's.

• Sea Creature

Since I wasn't going to eat there, I simply walked up to the hostess and asked if it was okay to look around. No problem.
    Yeah, no problem it's easy.

Magellan's Wine List

tentatively list for white wines...

White Wine

-----France-----
    Muscadet de Sevre et Maine sur Lie "Le Master de Donatien" (Donatien Bahuaud) / Loire
    half Y2310 full Y4200
    This charming, flowery, dry white has a fruity bouquet and a certain amount of acidity. Fresh, trim and supple.
    Chablis Premier Cru Vaillons (Louis Michel) / Bourgogne
    hafl Y4830 full Y9030
    This standard Burgundy is dry, lively, sharp and firm-bodied, and is accented by a flinty, mineral aroma.
    Gewurztraminer "Re'serve Particulie're" (Meyer-Fonne') / Alsace
    half Y2730 full Y5460
    Rich and thick, with an aromatic bouquet reminiscent of tropical fruit and spices and a hint of delicate sweetness.
    R de Rieussec (Cha^teu Rieussec) / Bordeaux
    full Y4830
    A sharp, inecisively dry wine. Produced at the Chateau Rieussec, famed for its sweet Sauternes wines, this dry wine will surprise with its richness and acidity.
    Sancerre (Pascal-Jolivet) / Loir
    full Y5250
    Colorful, rejuvenating and dry. The fragrance of fresh flowers accents this vividly acidic yet smooth white.
    Corton-Charlemagne (Simon Bize) / Bourgogne
    full Y42000
    Vigorous, mature flavors of fruit, exceptional body and superior structure quickly make it apparent why this dry wine was named for the ancient Emperor of the Franks.
    Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh (Cha^teau d'Aydie) / Sud-Ouest
    500ml Y3570
    A perfect dessert wine, very sweet and rich. Made from mature, late-harvest grapes, producing a firm, sweet wine with plenty of character.

-----America-----
    Markham Sauvignon Blanc (Markham) / Napa Valley
    full Y6195
    A big, thick, dry white wine with herbal aromas accentuating a smooth acidity and a robust, full body.
    Francis Coppola Chardonnay Diamond (Niebaum Coppola) / Napa Valley
    full Y5670
    Big, fruity and dry, with vigorous notes of condensed fruit mellowed by suggestions of nuts in the bouquet.
    Cha^teau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Johanninsberg Riesling (Cha^teau Ste. Michelle) / Washington
    full Y3885
    A subtle wine, combining rich aromas, a clean acidic quality and an clusive, coquettish sweetness.

-----Italy-----
    Soave Classico Tufaie Castellaro (Bolla) / Veneto
    full Y3675
    Fresh, fruity and dry, this wine possesses a crisp, lively acidity and a fragrant, flowery aroma.

-----Portugal-----
    Ouro Velho Branco (Casalinho) / Douro
    full Y3675
    Fresh and vivacious, this dry white delights the palate with a combination of sharp acidity and mineral flavors.

-----Spain-----
    Bodegas Cosme Palacio Y. hermanos Blanco (Bodegas Palacio) / Rioja
    full Y3885
    An elegant and balanced dry white. The sophisticated fragrance of wooden barrels accompanies a refined and lively finish.

-----Germany-----
    Dr. Thanisch Riesling Spatlese
    full Y4620
    Tart and lively with a faint, subtle sweetness. Smooth and easy on the palate.

-----Magellan's Selected Wine-----
    White Wine
    Glass Y840 Bottle Y3465

• Minion

I want to reserve the private wine cellar room in Magellan's but was wondering if this costs extra or do you still only pay for the food? How many can this room accomodate and is there a time limit on how long you stay? Should I reserve this very early, or does nobody ever dine in here?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I want to reserve the private wine cellar room in Magellan's but was wondering if this costs extra or do you still only pay for the food? How many can this room accomodate and is there a time limit on how long you stay? Should I reserve this very early, or does nobody ever dine in here?
    Unfortunately I haven't been to that room yet. I've never heard about its extra cost & time limit.

I like to have dinner watching that huge globe and the painting on the ceiling. (There are lot of small pictures and gadgets on the wall too)

And there is another room in Magellan's that is adjacent to its main hall. It's not closed like the cellar room and it's the most plain room of that restaurant. If your hostess let you into that room... I recommend you to behave like a spoilt child.

And here is Magellan's winelist for Red. Rose' and sparkling are coming later...

Red

-----France-----
    Cha^teau Latour (Cha^teau Latour) / Pauillac: Bordeaux
    Full Y63000
    Robust, full bodied and with an overwhelmingly fragrant bouquet. Said to be the most masculine wine produced anywhere, this red from one of the five great first growth Chateaux has implacable strengh, complexity and deepness even for a Bordeaux.

Cha^teau Marquis-de-Terme (Cha^teau Marquis-de-Terme) / Margaux: Bordeaux
    Half Y5460 Full Y10500
    A complex wine with a rich bouquet, a robust body, smooth tannins and strong flavors of fruit to please the discerning palate.

Cha^teau d'Arvigny (Cha^teau Beaumont) / Haut-Medoc: Bordeaux
    Half Y2520 Full Y4200
    Medium-bodied and with elegant balance. Pleasant notes of wooden barrels enhance the strength, smoothness and characteristic ruby color of this Bordeaux.

Saint-Emilion (J.P. Moueix) / Saint-Emilion: Bordeaux
    Full Y4620
    Rich and silky, with a medium body. A powerful wine with dusky, ruby-red shades and an exquisite finish that will reverberate across the palate.

Cahors (Cha^teau St. Didier-Parnac) / Sud-Ouest
    Full Y3780
    Thick-toned, strong and medium-bodied. Possesses a rich, fruity taste and invigorating tannins, an entrancing and powerful wine.

Mercurey (Michel Juillot) / Bourgogne
    Half Y3780 Full Y6300
    Airy and possessing an eloquent fruitiness, this light-bodied red is deep yet buoyant and has a lively tartness reminiscent of red berries.

Gevrey-Chambertin (Bouchard) / Bourgogne
    Full Y10500
    Deep, fruity and full-bodied, smooth tannins add richness and presence to this powerful wine.

Moulin-a`-Vent (Laboure'-Roi) / Beaujolais: Bourgogne
    Full Y5145
    Condensed fruit flavors and brisk tannins exist in harmony in this rich, medium-bodied wine.

Saint-Amour (Georges Duboerf) / Beaujolais: Bourgogne
    Full Y3885
    This aptly named wine is fruity, delicate and bright with a light body.

Gigondas (E. Guigal) / Rho^ne
    Half Y3780 Full Y7350
    Strong and full-bodied with sharp, astringent notes of alcohol. From the warm climate of France's Rhone region.

-----America-----
    Kenwood Sonoma Zinfandel (Kenwood) / Sonoma Valley
    Full Y4725
    Medium-bodied and full of character, this wine's charm lies in its ability to draw out the strength and body of the Zinfandel grape.

Carneros Cabernet Sauvignon (Buena Vista) / Los Carneros
    Full Y5880
    The Cabernet-Sauvignon grapes give strength and a rich, full body to this wine. The vigor and energy of mature grapes balanced with notes of new wooden barrels to add complexity and structure.

Calera Pinot Noir (Calera) / Central Coast
    Full Y9450
    Made in country ideally suited to the Pinot Noir grape, this medium-bodied wine has a pleasant balance of richness & acidity.

Napanook (Dominus) / Napa Valley
    Full Y10080
    A hearty, full-bodied wine, well balanced by the elegance and muted strength of Bordeaux grapes.

-----Italy-----
    Chianti (Frescobaldi) / Toscana
    Full Y3780
    Fruity and rich with a medium body, pleasant on the palate, smooth, with rich tastes of fresh fruit and a well-defined acidity.

Barolo Zonchera (Ceretto) / Piemonte
    Full Y8400
    Notes of ripe fruit in a thick, full body. Robust tannins stand out in this wine's complex yet delicate structure, creating an impressive, mature wine.

-----Portugal-----
    Ouro Velho Tinto (Casalinho) / Couro
    Full Y3675
    Mature and easy to drink, with a light body and a rich ruby color. Notes of ripe fruit and wooden barrels harmonize with a modest amount of astringency from the tannins and an animated acidity.

-----Spain-----
    Torres Gran Sangre de Toro Tinto (Torres) / Penedes
    Full Y4200
    Full-bodied, with a deep ruby color and a fine, fruity flavor, balanced with a moderate amount of tannins and rich, ripe flavors.

-----Magellan's Selected Wine-----
    Red Wine
    Glass Y840 Bottle Y3465

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast