Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Most upscale restaurant in the Tokyo Disney Resort?

I kind of was starting to regret not eating at somewhere like Magellan's during my visit until I started looking through the wine list that polygonaut just posted up.Yikes

Think I'll stick to a burger & fries at the Tomorrowland Terrace

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by polygonaut View Post
    Unfortunately I haven't been to that room yet. I've never heard about its extra cost & time limit.

I like to have dinner watching that huge globe and the painting on the ceiling. (There are lot of small pictures and gadgets on the wall too)

And there is another room in Magellan's that is adjacent to its main hall. It's not closed like the cellar room and it's the most plain room of that restaurant. If your hostess let you into that room... I recommend you to behave like a spoilt child.

So you don't think I should reserve the wine cellar room? And what can I do to avoid being put in that room adjacent to the main hall?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    I kind of was starting to regret not eating at somewhere like Magellan's during my visit until I started looking through the wine list that polygonaut just posted up.Yikes
    ...Hm, there is a bar inside Magellan's. They serve some drinks & snacks.
    You can watch Magellan's interior only paying for a glass of soft drink.
    It's a good "out of the way" place to rest your feet.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...agelounge.html

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    So you don't think I should reserve the wine cellar room?
    It's only my opinion but what I've seen on TV didn't excite me so much. So I don't request that room so far...
    But If you wanna try, it would be a good story to share on MiceChat ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    And what can I do to avoid being put in that room adjacent to the main hall?
    Just scream "[smilie=5,4,26]< NOOOO~~!!" in the middle of the hall. I've been to that room once, so If they let me into that room again... I'll do it.

• Minion

Just scream "[smilie=5,4,26]< NOOOO~~!!" in the middle of the hall. I've been to that room once, so If they let me into that room again... I'll do it.

I don't think I could bring myself to do that. Do they usually put people in this room, or can I request a seat under the globe?

Do they usually put people in this room
    Yes they do, even when the number of the guests doesn't reach to the main hall's capacity.

can I request a seat under the globe?
    If they are not busy, you may request. Not sure...

• Minion

Yes they do, even when the number of the guests doesn't reach to the main hall's capacity.

If they are not busy, you may request. Not sure...

Perhaps I should make an advance reservation one month prior to my visit? Then I could request a seat under the globe and they will have no choice but to take me there. Just a question, will it seem weird to say I made a reservation when I arrive even when the restaurant is very empty? They won't charge me for not showing up will they?

• Minion

Perhaps I do not need to make reservations or use priority seating for any of the restaurants because mid-July is quite a slow time of the year. Last time I was there, I did not need to use priority seating at all. I just walked up and the hostess led us in without a wait at all. Maybe it will be like that this year too? What's the worst that can happen if you arrive without a reservation? Having to wait a few minutes?

And how do people tour the upper level of Magellan's? I've seen so many pictures of people claiming to just be peeking inside, yet do the hostesses really let countless guests walk in and out of the restaurant? Especially going up and down stairs? Won't that bother the people dining in the restaurant?

And polygonaut, just *how* plain is that dining room you're describing. Say I do get put in there...can I still see the globe or any theming?

If you visit TDR on weekdays, you won't need to make reservations for Magellan's.

And they don't hold exact table at the time of reservation. Which table you are going to dine at will be decided on your appearance.
    Prehaps they don't accept requests for the celler room at the time of reservation.

They won't charge me for not showing up will they?
    ...They won't but...[smilie=5,41,9]

how do people tour the upper level of Magellan's? I've seen so many pictures of people claiming to just be peeking inside, yet do the hostesses really let countless guests walk in and out of the restaurant? Especially going up and down stairs? Won't that bother the people dining in the restaurant?
    Magellan's mezzanin is used as "Magellan's Lounge" (the bar I described above).
    If guests claimed to see inside, hostess lead the guests to the entrance part of the mezzanin. From there guests can see the main hall.
    Meanwhile Magellan's guests are led to lower level via stairs or elevator.
    I guess those pictures were taken from the mezzanine...?

*how* plain is that dining room you're describing. Say I do get put in there...can I still see the globe or any theming?
    It's just plain ...Your sense of theming will *surely* tells you.
    From that room, you can't see the globe (perhaps partial view from some table). You can't see the painting. You can see nothing on the wall.(But I thought its seats are much better than the other room's. relaxing.)
    There are models of something in glass cases at the approach. Magellan's has 3 rooms. Main hall & Cellar room & this room. So you'll find it easily.

And... maybe I was wrong... about the cellar room. It's quite beautiful...
    http://blog44.fc2.com/p/piccolomercato/file/cave-2.jpg

• Minion

If you visit TDR on weekdays, you won't need to make reservations for Magellan's.

And they don't hold exact table at the time of reservation. Which table you are going to dine at will be decided on your appearance.
    Prehaps they don't accept requests for the celler room at the time of reservation.
    So how am I supposed to reserve the cellar room if I can't book it by reservation? I'm willing to bet that by the time I arrive, the tables in the cellar room will all be full. How many tables are in there exactly?

Magellan's mezzanin is used as "Magellan's Lounge" (the bar I described above).
    If guests claimed to see inside, hostess lead the guests to the entrance part of the mezzanin. From there guests can see the main hall.
    Meanwhile Magellan's guests are led to lower level via stairs or elevator.
    I guess those pictures were taken from the mezzanine...?
    So the entrance to Magellan's that we see when we enter Explorer's Landing is actually leading to the upper level of Magellan's?

It's just plain ...Your sense of theming will *surely* tells you.
    From that room, you can't see the globe (perhaps partial view from some table). You can't see the painting. You can see nothing on the wall.(But I thought its seats are much better than the other room's. relaxing.)
    There are models of something in glass cases at the approach. Magellan's has 3 rooms. Main hall & Cellar room & this room. So you'll find it easily.

And... maybe I was wrong... about the cellar room. It's quite beautiful...
    http://blog44.fc2.com/p/piccolomercato/file/cave-2.jpg

And do they have equal amount of tables in each dining room? And you're right...the cellar room does look very beautiful. I really want to reserve a table in there.

So how am I supposed to reserve the cellar room if I can't book it by reservation? I'm willing to bet that by the time I arrive, the tables in the cellar room will all be full. How many tables are in there exactly?
    Usually guests request the cellar room when they arrive at Magellan's.
    And IF there are vacancy, they could enter the particular room.
    To get into the cellar room more certainly, some people say that they go to Magellan's first thing in the morning, and make reservations for their opening hour. Then, as Magellan's opened, they return and request for the cellar room.
    I guess it would be a lunch menu though...
    But I think you can get into that room anytime if you wait extra.
    I hear that the cellar room has 7 tables. The plain room has about the same, I think. The main hall is bigger than the others and has more capacity.

So the entrance to Magellan's that we see when we enter Explorer's Landing is actually leading to the upper level of Magellan's?
    Yup.

• Minion

Usually guests request the cellar room when they arrive at Magellan's.
    And IF there are vacancy, they could enter the particular room.
    To get into the cellar room more certainly, some people say that they go to Magellan's first thing in the morning, and make reservations for their opening hour. Then, as Magellan's opened, they return and request for the cellar room.
    So it's not really a "private" dining room then? Hmm...I wonder how many people actually know about it. Is it a popular choice among Japanese guests? And if I'm interested in making dinner reservations, should I just walk up and request a seat in the cellar room? I'm going to visit on a weekday, so there shouldn't be too many people. As long as there is space in the cellar room, the hostess will lead us inside right? Because nobody can reserve the cellar room ahead of time?

Two more questons about the cellar room in particular:

1) Since it is a closed off room (behind a bookcase), how do you get from inside to other parts of the restaurant? For example, what if you want to get a waitress or want to use the restrooms?

2) Is the atmosphere more romantic in here? Is there renaissance music playing inside here too, or are all the speakers in the main dining room? It'd be kind of dull if it was just complete silence...
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 10-12-2006 at 10:37 PM.

• Minion

I think I'm going to make all the reservations for restaurants one month before I check-in. Just out of curiosity, you are only allowed to make reservations for restaurants which use priority seating right?

And polygonaut, I think I will ask them over the phone whether or not I can request a table inside the wine cellar room while I'm making a reservation for Magellan's. Maybe they'll be extra kind and book it for me?

^ Try it. Their system is changing once in a while.(sorry for this late reply)

I'm reading the latest DISNEY FAN magazine now, and I found a news about Magellan's!

Magelan's course system is going to be improved from next November.

Their old menu courses will disappear and they will offer whole new "Prefix Courses" (You can choose an appetizer + a soup + an entree + a dessert from their selection).

There are some pictures of their new dishes on the magazine.
    And I thought especially deserts are improved.

• Minion

^ Try it. Their system is changing once in a while.(sorry for this late reply)

I'm reading the latest DISNEY FAN magazine now, and I found a news about Magellan's!

Magelan's course system is going to be improved from next November.

Their old menu courses will disappear and they will offer whole new "Prefix Courses" (You can choose an appetizer + a soup + an entree + a dessert from their selection).

There are some pictures of their new dishes on the magazine.
    And I thought especially deserts are improved.
    So the old menu will be gone in a week?

Ya. but it's a good news. It will give us a lot of options.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast