Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Quality not quantity

Oh my! Starjets!

I'm working late tonight, taking a break, I visted the Tokyo resport web site.

THEY HAVE ROCKETS! Not exactly like the real thing but pretty damn close.

So how much is a flight to Tokyo and when is TDL's "off season"?
    Last edited by Moonliner; 10-03-2006 at 06:01 PM.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Sea Creature

Re: Oh my! Starjets!

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...tel/index.html
    Click the roomrates on either hotel and scroll down to the calendar to see when off seasons are. If you have weather questions I'm happy to answer.

Check a site like www.travelocity.com for flights. They have been going up over the years so hurry and go.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...tel/index.html
    Click the roomrates on either hotel and scroll down to the calendar to see when off seasons are. If you have weather questions I'm happy to answer.

Check a site like www.travelocity.com for flights. They have been going up over the years so hurry and go.
    Interesting. What happens the first week in April that makes it "Top" rates when the second week is "Value"?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Interesting. What happens the first week in April that makes it "Top" rates when the second week is "Value"?
    Good weather and some holidays at the end of March. White Day on March 14 is huge and there is also the Spring Equinox on March 21. March is busy and it eeks into April.

YAY post 500, halfway to a diamond. So...that'll take another year?? Darn.

• Banned User

You should be able to fly to Tokyo on a non-stop flight from between $800 to $1000.

Off-season at the Tokyo Disney Resort is not at all like off season at the US or Paris parks. You will ALWAYS wait in line in Tokyo, no matter how ugly the weather is, no matter how cold and rainy. I'll never forget my shock at going in November when it was cold, rainy, and windy, and seeing long lines. Couldn't believe it ... then I got on the end of the line.

The nicest hotel for the money is the Hilton Tokyo Bay. You'll be able to get a lovely room with an ocean view for under $200 a night and it's about a two minute walk to the monorail.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    You should be able to fly to Tokyo on a non-stop flight from between $800 to $1000.

Off-season at the Tokyo Disney Resort is not at all like off season at the US or Paris parks. You will ALWAYS wait in line in Tokyo, no matter how ugly the weather is, no matter how cold and rainy. I'll never forget my shock at going in November when it was cold, rainy, and windy, and seeing long lines. Couldn't believe it ... then I got on the end of the line.

The nicest hotel for the money is the Hilton Tokyo Bay. You'll be able to get a lovely room with an ocean view for under $200 a night and it's about a two minute walk to the monorail.

Ummm...not quite true. I went in mid-July and every ride was a walk-on, including Pooh's Hunny Hunt!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    I'm working late tonight, taking a break, I visted the Tokyo resport web site.

THEY HAVE ROCKETS! Not exactly like the real thing but pretty damn close.
    Why is this so surprising??? TDL has had the StarJets, modeled after WDW's original StarJet, since day 1 in April 1983...

• Having a Grand Day!

If you want WDW's Tommorowland 1973, TDL is the place to go - though it could benifit greatly from DL's current Metalic Blue and White paint scheme.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Parts of TDL's Adventureland are what WDW's was in the 70s-90s (pre-Aladdin) though some of it has been changed too.

• Banned User

TDR_FAN wrote, "Ummm...not quite true. I went in mid-July and every ride was a walk-on, including Pooh's Hunny Hunt!"

I would love to be there on a day when every ride is a walk-on--but I cannot imagine it to the be case. Where was everyone that day?

• Minion

TDR_FAN wrote, "Ummm...not quite true. I went in mid-July and every ride was a walk-on, including Pooh's Hunny Hunt!"

I would love to be there on a day when every ride is a walk-on--but I cannot imagine it to the be case. Where was everyone that day?

Don't know but it was like that for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday was the only day I saw any real lines.

• Banned User

Where did Joe and TDLFAN go? I need someone to explain to me how there can be no lines in July.

• Minion

Where did Joe and TDLFAN go? I need someone to explain to me how there can be no lines in July.
    I was very confused too! I really thought that summer would be the most crowded season next to Christmas and nearly fainted of excitement when I saw no lines for any of the attractions. Riding Pooh's Hunny Hunt 10 times in one day seems like a great accomplishment.

It rained havily, wasn't it?

This year's rainy season lasted relatively longer than usual.
    And it was record cataract. I remember a deluge triggered by the rain in southern Japan.
    So people refrained from going TDR on mid-late July.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by polygonaut View Post
    It rained havily, wasn't it?

This year's rainy season lasted relatively longer than usual.
    And it was record cataract. I remember a deluge triggered by the rain in southern Japan.
    So people refrained from going TDR on mid-late July.

So are you saying I might not be so lucky next July?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast