Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Hotel MiraCosta- Question

I have a few questions about my upcoming stay at the MiraCosta:

1) Do the "balcony rooms" allow you to access the balcony? I don't see why I have to pay an extra $76/night when you can get the same view from a Superior Room since they both face the harbor.

2) Can the "terrace rooms" accomodate AT LEAST 3 people? How many beds does it have?

3) If I reserve a suite, do I check in the lobby or the Salone dell' Amico? Do I get unlimited access to this lounge?

4) How good is the Venice View? Do you still get a view of the harbor or just the gondolas? Is this a good alternative to the Porto Paradiso View?

5) Why is there a Superior Room (Harbor View) in the Speciale Suites section when there is one in the normal guest room section? Why is this one $36/night more when it is the same thing (or at least I think so)? http://www.disneyambassadorhotel.com...m_price_e.html
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 10-08-2006 at 12:31 AM.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Re: Hotel MiraCosta- Question

Rooms with a balcony always cost more at a hotel than rooms without one (provided there are both kinds at the same hotel).

I only stayed at the Miracosta once. It was hideously expensive and the room was tiny. I would much rather stay for a week at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in a large ocean-view room than stay for 3 days at the Miracosta for almost the same price!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    Rooms with a balcony always cost more at a hotel than rooms without one (provided there are both kinds at the same hotel).

I only stayed at the Miracosta once. It was hideously expensive and the room was tiny. I would much rather stay for a week at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in a large ocean-view room than stay for 3 days at the Miracosta for almost the same price!
    Money is not so much an issue for me as long as it's under $700/night. The main reason I *want* to stay at the MiraCosta is because the atmosphere simply cannot be beat. Watching BraviSEAmo from your hotel room, or hearing the Mediterranean Harbor music as you sleep is just so relaxing! Anyways, I'm still wondering about the balcony rooms because I heard that these balconies cannot be accessed, and that only the terrace rooms allow you to actually walk on the balconies.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I have a few questions about my upcoming stay at the MiraCosta:

1) Do the "balcony rooms" allow you to access the balcony? I don't see why I have to pay an extra $76/night when you can get the same view from a Superior Room since they both face the harbor.

2) Can the "terrace rooms" accomodate AT LEAST 3 people? How many beds does it have?

3) If I reserve a suite, do I check in the lobby or the Salone dell' Amico? Do I get unlimited access to this lounge?

4) How good is the Venice View? Do you still get a view of the harbor or just the gondolas? Is this a good alternative to the Porto Paradiso View?

5) Why is there a Superior Room (Harbor View) in the Speciale Suites section when there is one in the normal guest room section? Why is this one $36/night more when it is the same thing (or at least I think so)? http://www.disneyambassadorhotel.com...m_price_e.html
    Hopefully I can answer your questions.

1) Looking at the room layout on the Japanese page, the balcony area is included.
    http://www.hotelmiracosta.com/japane.../standard.html

Halfway down the page on the left you will see a button with the characters レイアウト(it`s the same place on the page as on the English page, except there is a LAYOUT button under the pics). This means Layout (the pronunciation is similar to English). Press the middle button and you will see that the layout of that room does include the balcony

2) If the room has a TRUNDLE BED like the one listed on the bottom of the page http://www.hotelmiracosta.com/english/room/index.html, I guess it will accomodate 3 people (might wanna ask when you book).

3) If you choose to stay in one of the Speciale Rooms & Suites you`ll be able to check-in in the Salone dell` Amico instead of the lobby. The people at the door or information will help you out when you walk into the hotel.
    I`m not sure about access rights to this room.

4)The Venice view lets look over the Gondalas and American Waterfront area. I rate this one second out of the 3 (I prefer the Port Paradiso side).
    5)Sorry, I`m not sure about this.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post

1) Looking at the room layout on the Japanese page, the balcony area is included.

Halfway down the page on the left you will see a button with the characters レイアウト(it`s the same place on the page as on the English page, except there is a LAYOUT button under the pics). This means Layout (the pronunciation is similar to English). Press the middle button and you will see that the layout of that room does include the balcony
    Thank you so much!!!

But I have heard from somebody that only the terrace rooms allow you to walk on the balcony. From the diagram above, it does seem like the balcony is part of the room but can people actually stand up outside on the balcony?

After checking the website carefully, I noticed the caption under the third picture of the Balcony Room on the Japanese page says

"The room is situated on the third floor on the Port Paradiso side. Please step out onto the balcony and enjoy the view of Disney Sea"

• Minion

After checking the website carefully, I noticed the caption under the third picture of the Balcony Room on the Japanese page says

"The room is situated on the third floor on the Port Paradiso side. Please step out onto the balcony and enjoy the view of Disney Sea"

Thank you so much again! I'm a bit nervous about not being able to book this since I'm guessing this is the only one in the entire hotel....

Thank you so much again! I'm a bit nervous about not being able to book this since I'm guessing this is the only one in the entire hotel....
    My pleasure. Don`t forget to make full use of the services provided at the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center next to Maihama Station if you go there by train (tickets, free baggage delivery, free monorail pass etc).

• Minion

2) If the room has a TRUNDLE BED like the one listed on the bottom of the page http://www.hotelmiracosta.com/english/room/index.html, I guess it will accomodate 3 people (might wanna ask when you book).
    That link you gave me goes to the normal guest rooms. I was talking about the terrace rooms in Speciale Suites.

That link you gave me goes to the normal guest rooms. I was talking about the terrace rooms in Speciale Suites.

Oops, sorry about that.

I can`t find anything about the Speciale Suites except that they may charge an extra ¥6,000 to place an extra bed in the room if it can fit unless a trundle is available (under the room rates http://www.disneyambassadorhotel.com...m_price_e.html )

Check this link for the layout and pictures of some of the rooms available.
    http://www.hotelmiracosta.com/japanese/room/suite.html

I`m pretty sure there are rooms that accomodate more than 2 people, since families stay there too.

• Minion

Oops, sorry about that.

I can`t find anything about the Speciale Suites except that they may charge an extra ¥6,000 to place an extra bed in the room if it can fit unless a trundle is available (under the room rates http://www.disneyambassadorhotel.com...m_price_e.html )

Check this link for the layout and pictures of some of the rooms available.
    http://www.hotelmiracosta.com/japanese/room/suite.html

I`m pretty sure there are rooms that accomodate more than 2 people, since families stay there too.

Thanks. From the diagram, it doesn't look like a trundle bed is available for the terrace rooms. Hmm...I really want to get a Terrace Room (Piazza View) for 3 nights, but I'm travelling in a group of 3-4 people.

• Minion

I have another question about the reservation. It says that rooms may be reserved UP TO 6 months in advance right? So If I'm planning to stay during July 18-21, do I call them on January 18 or January 21? And if I have to wait until January 21, won't that give me less of a chance to reserve the terrace room because there are only 8 on the Porto Paradiso side? Can I call them day by day to reserve a terrace room, or must I reserve a room for the entire stay all in the duration of one phone call?

Thanks. From the diagram, it doesn't look like a trundle bed is available for the terrace rooms. Hmm...I really want to get a Terrace Room (Piazza View) for 3 nights, but I'm travelling in a group of 3-4 people.
    It might be possible to stay in a terrace room with 3-4 people, however you might be charged for the extra bed/s. According to the picture, there is a table with 4 chairs on the balcony. Plus, under the layout picture that is provided, it states that "this is just an example of a room" (this is written in Japanese).

I also remember seeing 2 children on one of the balconies (Piazza View side) one night when I was lining up to get on the gondolas (meaning there would have to be at least one adult accompanying them)

• Minion

It might be possible to stay in a terrace room with 3-4 people, however you might be charged for the extra bed/s. According to the picture, there is a table with 4 chairs on the balcony. Plus, under the layout picture that is provided, it states that "this is just an example of a room" (this is written in Japanese).

I also remember seeing 2 children on one of the balconies (Piazza View side) one night when I was lining up to get on the gondolas (meaning there would have to be at least one adult accompanying them)
    For some reason, these are the only terrace rooms I can spot in the MiraCosta that is on the Porto Paradiso side. Would these be considered Piazza View or Harbor View? I especially like the top left one because it's the one shown in the website.

I have another question about the reservation. It says that rooms may be reserved UP TO 6 months in advance right? So If I'm planning to stay during July 18-21, do I call them on January 18 or January 21? And if I have to wait until January 21, won't that give me less of a chance to reserve the terrace room because there are only 8 on the Porto Paradiso side? Can I call them day by day to reserve a terrace room, or must I reserve a room for the entire stay all in the duration of one phone call?
    You`re correct about being able to reserve a room 6 months in advance.
    If I were you, I would call them day by day to reserve a terrace room starting from January 18. However when you call them the first time, you might want to mention that you would like to stay until the 21st (you might as well give it a try), because they might reserve the room for the duration of your stay in one go.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)