• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

New Rainy Day Parade Video

I just come across a new video of the Rainy Day Parade(if its still goes by that name) on YouTube.com now using the float from Goofy's Cool Panic parade earlier this summer.Soundtrack while the same has been altered with character voice overs etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W5A2VBUVTw

• Banned User

Re: New Rainy Day Parade Video

Thanks for posting this link.

• Banned User

It was pissing cats and dogs for two days while I was there in September and on one of those days they did a shortened version of the Halloween parade with the cast in raincoats and holding umbrellas. 'Twas a bizarre sight.

•   
    • Delawarean Girl

Thanks for sharing. I did enjoyed what you showed us.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    It was pissing cats and dogs for two days while I was there in September and on one of those days they did a shortened version of the Halloween parade with the cast in raincoats and holding umbrellas. 'Twas a bizarre sight.
    Hey, don't complain. At WDW, it would have been cancelled altogether.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Cool would of loved to of seen that Mara,but can't complain myself really as all shows and parades ran in full versions throughout my visit except Mythica which cut out all the pyro on one performance and Over the Waves which was canceled at the last minute on my last day due to strong winds grrrrr

My God! Thank you for posting this!

Last year on my first visit to Tokyo we were wandering out of Critter Country during a rainstorm, and we heard this thing coming down the parade route. It was the funniest darn thing we'd seen all day, and we laughed hysterically at the absurdity of the Japanese going so overboard on a rainy day parade replacement. The big floats, the Characters all in waterproof outfits, the batallion of dancing girls in rain boots and umbrellas, and that maddeningly catchy jingle blaring through the park speakers. We all started laughing and could barely keep it together, and I'm sure we looked like weird Americans. For the rest of the trip we just kept singing "Pinch-Pinch! Chop-Chop!" randomly, as those were the only phonetic sounds we could make out of the theme song. That rainy day parade is one of the silliest memories I have of Tokyo Disneyland.

Is there anyone who speaks Japanese who could offer a brief summary of the lyrics to that song? What exactly does "Pinch-Pinch! Chop-Chop!" mean? Or is it just a meaningless rhyme like "Hey-La, Hey-La, My Boyfriends Back"? (Although I in no way mean to downplay the importance of having your boyfriend return to kick some butt after your reputation has been called into question. But the Hey-La part of that scenario is just a catchy rhyme.)

And on a related note, what do you think the Oriental Land Company puts in the break room water coolers to get the Characters so hyper and animated?!? If they could bottle that product they'd make a mint in the weight loss aisle at pharmacies around the world.
    Last edited by TP2000; 10-09-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post

Is there anyone who speaks Japanese who could offer a brief summary of the lyrics to that song? What exactly does "Pinch-Pinch! Chop-Chop!" mean? Or is it just a meaningless rhyme like "Hey-La, Hey-La, My Boyfriends Back"? (Although I in no way mean to downplay the importance of having your boyfriend return to kick some butt after your reputation has been called into question. But the Hey-La part of that scenario is just a catchy rhyme.)
    It`s ピッチピッチチャップチャップ and pronounced like PicchiPichhi ChappuChappu, which is the sound of the rain hitting something as it falls to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post
    It`s ピッチピッチチャップチャップ and pronounced like PicchiPichhi ChappuChappu, which is the sound of the rain hitting something as it falls to the ground.
    Fantastic, I learned something today! Thank you very much.

Fantastic, I learned something today! Thank you very much.
    Anytime. It was late at night when I posted it. I also should have meant that in this case it would be closer to Splish, Splash.

And on a related note, what do you think the Oriental Land Company puts in the break room water coolers to get the Characters so hyper and animated?!? If they could bottle that product they'd make a mint in the weight loss aisle at pharmacies around the world.
    Hehe..... I have to say it is definitely a cultural thing and probably a love for everything Disney!!

I had a dream a while back that I was Minnie Mouse..... It felt so real, I felt exhausted when I woke up. I wonder if I can put that in my resume?