20,000 Legues Under the Sea Video

Wow that ride looks amazing. And far superior to the technology of Disney Worlds 20,000 Leagues and Disneylands Submarine Voyage. Tokyo Disneysea looks like an awesome park and it be cool if I got visit it someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGp92IQCVc

• Banned User

Re: 20,000 Legues Under the Sea Video

Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem View Post
    Wow that ride looks amazing. And far superior to the technology of Disney Worlds 20,000 Leagues and Disneylands Submarine Voyage. Tokyo Disneysea looks like an awesome park
    Tell us something we don't know.

Tell us something we don't know.
    Well I would guess you would know the place. I've never been there and if one video can amaze me imagine how wide my eyes would be if I were actually there.

• Banned User

Your eyes would be opened wide enough to realize how much we are short-changed in the other Disney parks, especially at the MK.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

In all reality, the Sub ride at TDS is OK, but not amazing. The technology is very good, but the story seemed boring to me. I loved the way it all looked and worked, it just didn't wow me.

I expect that the new sub ride at Disneyland will blow the Dry for wet version at TDS out of the proverbial water
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    In all reality, the Sub ride at TDS is OK, but not amazing. The technology is very good, but the story seemed boring to me. I loved the way it all looked and worked, it just didn't wow me.

I expect that the new sub ride at Disneyland will blow the Dry for wet version at TDS out of the proverbial water

I feel the complete opposite. I was very impressed by TDS's 20K Leagues ride, especially the whole flashlight thing. It was a great improvement over the original in my opinion. A great score, elaborate sets, and interactive too!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem View Post
    Wow that ride looks amazing. And far superior to the technology of Disney Worlds 20,000 Leagues and Disneylands Submarine Voyage. Tokyo Disneysea looks like an awesome park and it be cool if I got visit it someday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsGp92IQCVc
    BackIntoYourSystem,

Thanks for the link. did you see the one for Journey to the Center of the Earth? Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaNUGugbEZU

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    BackIntoYourSystem,

Thanks for the link. did you see the one for Journey to the Center of the Earth? Here's the link:

All of ParkHopper's videos are great. I posted the StormRider one on another thread, very rare that he/she actually got to film it.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Yes I have actually seen many videos of this ride. I think that they should put Mysterious Island in the Animal Kingdom or the next park for WDW. Tokyo Disneysea seems like one the best if not the best Disney park.

• Infinitized!

I saw the video posted on YouTube form DLR's Space mountain with the guy walking in front of the camera in the line-up area. He should have had "Rusty: World Tour" embroidered on the back of that white jacket!

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    BackIntoYourSystem,

Listen to that score! Gives me the chills every time.

• Banned User

The problem with the soggy old sub ride at Disneyland was precisely that it was wet-for-wet, and they were very limited in what they could convey convincingly underwater. I thought the old sub ride was boring, stuffy, and there was so much junk on the lines tethering the stuff to the bottom that there was no illusion at all. When it's all jazzed up with Nemo, which can only be an improvement, it'll still be stuffy and damp in the subs because they're actually underwater.

The story of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at DisneySea is simple: your vehicle is exploring the ocean floor and comes face to face with the giant squid--too much energy is expended in electricuting the squid and your vehicle subsequently drops down too far in the ocean and you see things no one has seen before, such as the ruins of an ancient civilization. Strange ocean creatures who use crystals for light greet you and give your vehicle a push so you can return to the surface.

I don't understand Japanese, but that is my understanding of the situation from riding it the first two times. It's not a thrill ride, thank goodness: it compares with Haunted Mansion and Pirates in that respect--a ground-breaking, all encompassing, total immersion experience.

And, yes, it's dry-for-wet--an astounding illusion.

I think that it's clearly one of the most perfectly realized Disney rides in the world, and I see new details every time I ride it.

That looks sweet.