TDS 20K Merchandise

Hello all

I just booked my vacation for the Tokyo Disney Resort (currently live in Shanghai) and am quite excited to finally make it to TDR. I'm a huge 20K fan and can't wait to check out Mysterious Island. Having said that, I'm interested in picking up some 20K souvenirs, most notably the Nautilus models. I've seen them up for sale on ebay everyonce in awhile but I was wondering if anyone who had been there recently knows if they are still for sale. The ones Ive seen were sold for the opening of TDS so I don't know if they still produce them there or not. Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: TDS 20K Merchandise

The park was filled with attraction-specific merchandise when it opened, however most of it is long gone (except for the Tower of Terror, which just opened).

The fantastic model of the Nautilus is still for sale at the gift shop in Mysterious Island--I think it's 3,900 yen (about $350). They also have a model made out of something like Lego. That's about it.

There is also a black Nautilus watch for about $90, however it is no longer available in the same gift shop. I did see it for sale (at the end of September) at the end of the row of shops when you enter, on the left side.

Have a great trip.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post

The fantastic model of the Nautilus is still for sale at the gift shop in Mysterious Island--I think it's 3,900 yen (about $350). They also have a model made out of something like Lego. That's about it.
    3900 yen is only $33 though....
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I always throught yen were closer to the vaule of an American cent.Which would make it about $39

• Banned User

Oops: that's 39,000 yen.

• Five-Legged Goat

I saw the fantastic model of the Nautilus when I was at TDS -- but at over $300, it was definitely out of my price range. Also, I was worried that it might not survive the trip back to the States intact. I did pick up the "block" (Lego-like) model of the Nautilus, though. Pretty nifty at 2100 yen.

Also, I love the design of the JTTCOTE vehicles and would have gotten a model had I seen any for sale.

• Banned User

You have nothing to worry about in bringing the Nautilus model back to the US, either in your suitcase or mailing it. The box has a custom molded foam piece inside that holds it securely so there's no danger of breakage. Folks in Japan have been selling these things on eBay for $500 a piece since the park opened five years ago! Buy one yourself when you're there and save $200.

Yeah, thats the one I'm looking at purchasing. I've seen them up on ebay and those are definitely out of my price range. Thanks for the info!

• Banned User

Don't buy it at ebay, as they still had them up for sale at the Mysterious Island gift shop.

• Banned User

TDLFAN, you missed the beginning of the thread: the original poster wants to know if it's still available at the shop. I told him it was.

I just picked up a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea floaty pen on eBay. I don't know why they have so little ride-specific merchandise in the shops these days (Tower of Terror excepted).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    TDLFAN, you missed the beginning of the thread: the original poster wants to know if it's still available at the shop. I told him it was.

I just picked up a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea floaty pen on eBay. I don't know why they have so little ride-specific merchandise in the shops these days (Tower of Terror excepted).
    I did not miss the beginning of the thread at all, but wanted to add the only place where the sub is sold is at the Mysterious Island shop, as far as I know.
    In regards to the situation with ride-specific merchandise, when TDS opened there was quite a lot of ride-specific stuff on sale all over the park, and some of it was very very unique. Sadly, the trend has changed for the worst... like the US park, where all stores sell the same crap. Still, you can find some unique stuff at TDR that pertain to specific rides or shows.