Valentine's Day at TDR

Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any special events on Valentines Day at Tokyo Disneyland/sea or just things to be aware of before we go.

We'll be staying at the Miracosta on Feb 13th-15th as part of our Honeymoon trip so I'm hoping to make it a romantic day.

Am I right in thinking that Magellan's is the most romantic restaraunt in the parks? And is there any chance of getting into the wine cellar there on a day like Valentine's day?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

• Minion

Re: Valentine's Day at TDR

Quote Originally Posted by Gyoza Dog View Post

Am I right in thinking that Magellan's is the most romantic restaraunt in the parks? And is there any chance of getting into the wine cellar there on a day like Valentine's day?

Magellan's is definitely the most romantic restaurant in TDR, especially the wine cellar room. The atmosphere there simply cannot be beat.

As long as you make a reservation, I think you should be able to get into the wine cellar. Just go up to them, say you have made an advance reservation, and request the wine cellar room. If they have any vacancies, they'll be happy to let you dine inside there. You might have to wait extra if the wine cellar is full at that moment.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by Gyoza Dog View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if there are any special events on Valentines Day at Tokyo Disneyland/sea or just things to be aware of before we go.

We'll be staying at the Miracosta on Feb 13th-15th as part of our Honeymoon trip so I'm hoping to make it a romantic day.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
    I would recommend eating at either the Oceano or Silk ROad Garden restaurant. There`s normally a 2 hour limit (whenever I have been there has been), but if can time it right you`ll be able to watch the main shows from the balconies instead of at ground level. Another plus if you don`t mind spending extra money (¥3,800) is when you make a reservation is to ask for the Anniversary Plan.

http://5th.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/d...niversary.html

Sorry, I couldn`t find a link in English.

They first take your picture, allow your wife to choose from a special present (I recommend the 5th anniverary Music box because of it`s design and that it`s better than what is normally on offer) and after you finish your meal, they will serve a cake (I`m not sure about honeymoons, but the staff sing Happy Birthday if you are celebrating a birthday). Once again I`m not sure about honeymoons, but they wrote my girlfriends name on the cake.
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...disneycake.jpg
    (Due to privacy, I removed the space where my girlfriend`s name was written)

Even if you don`t want to spend that little bit extra for the anniversary plan, making a reservation is a must because there is a chance that you might not be able to get in without one.

Even though it has nothing to do with eating at a restaurant, on your last day there you might want to post a letter from inside TDR/TDS to your home address (addressed to your wife) with a photo/special message. The post office will use a special Disney stamp to stamp the envelope/postcard.
    All you have to do is place it in one of the postboxes located inside.

• Banned User

There is not much happening on Valentine's Day, but couples do hit the park and there may be some special merchandise. Also, a month later.. White Day complete the cycle, and would-be valentines will get their answer... Yes or NO.

Oh, I forgot to mention that they will probably handing out a free gift to everyone who enters (just check the TDR website closer to the date for accurate details).