Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Returning to Tokyo in 2007

In the last few weeks I have made a decision to cancel my upcoming trip to Walt Disney World and decided instead to return back to the Tokyo Disney Resort for later in the year.Concidering Halloween time again I think only this time Im also interested in adding Hong Kong on as well.So lots to sort out,and looks like you got be hanging around the forum for a while yet.

So far made the choice to fly with Virgin Atlantic to either destination.And will be staying at the perfered Hilton in Shinjuku sorry but I refuse to pay any extra for a room onsite.

So thats me confirm for 2007 who else is going?

• World Traveler

Re: Returning to Tokyo in 2007

I wish I could go in 2007. I have enough miles, but no time, so far.

• Banned User

I'll be going, and also during the Halloween celebration. But I refuse to stay offsite--I don't want to see anything "non-Disney" or I don't get the full mental benefit of the vacation.

How much are the Hilton rooms in Shinjuku? Probably not too much less than the Hilton Tokyo Bay (under $200 a night).

Either way, in order to be online at the gate 30 to 60 minutes before the park opens, it's too much to get up that early and have to take the JR line all the way to Maihama Station. I think the extra hour of sleep is worth it if you can afford the dough.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    But I refuse to stay offsite--I don't want to see anything "non-Disney" or I don't get the full mental benefit of the vacation.

But the Hilton Tokyo Bay is not a Disney hotel and you see stuff that is non-Disney in there. How would staying in an offsite hotel be any different since they're all mostly brand name hotels like the Hilton or Sheraton anyways. If you wanted the full Disney experience, why not go for the Ambassador Hotel. And if you REALLY wanted to get the best experience possible, stay in one of the rooms facing Porto Paradiso in the Hotel MiraCosta. It's worth the money for the extra layer of theming and the atmosphere in my opinion. The experience of staying at the Hotel MiraCosta is incomparable!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Malin, why not wait until after april 2008 when TDL's 25th anniversary celebration is in full swing??

• Banned User

Mara I like to get a taste of Tokyo the city while in town,and the view of the skyscrapers at night from your hotel window is something else.Plus the Hilton onsite is charging about $150 extra a night compare to the Hilton in Shinjuku.And that money can be put to better use,plus thanks to a discount I will have 10% knocked of that price.So makes a lot more sense to get up that extra hour early.I could afford to stay at any hotel onsite,however I consider that money better spent on the actual parks,and adding on a few days in Hong Kong too,then paying top buck for a hotel close to the magic.

Good point TDLFAN,however in 2008 I could be spending up to a year in Australia if things go acording to plan and will have sadly no time for any Disney that year.Plus I can't and don't wanna wait that long,know what I mean!

• Banned User

I know exactly whaty you mean... who wants to see frumpy WDW when you have unsurpassed quality at TDR?

Just a few dates to remember:

Disney Sea:
    1/11 - 3/14 Season of the Heart
    3/21 - 5/31 Spring Carnival
    Big Band Beat: Ends on the 3/31

Disney Land:
    1/17 - 3/23 Disney Princess Days
    1/17 - 3/16 Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance

• Banned User

I believe Big Band Beat will now be staying on for longer since the Snow Queen Musical got canned.

We're planning to go in mid April. We're staying in Shinagawa--not sure which hotel, but there's a lot of them down there and they're all pretty much interchangable as far as I'm concerned. The plans are to visit Hiroshima, Hakone, and Disney on this trip.

Personally, I don't want to stay at Disney--Tokyo is too interesting, the Disney hotels too expensive, and the transportation too easy. I swear it's less trouble to take a train across Tokyo to Disney than it is to take a bus across WDW to the Magic Kingdom.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    I swear it's less trouble to take a train across Tokyo to Disney than it is to take a bus across WDW to the Magic Kingdom.
    That is for sure.

As for Big band Beat... the show is not closing in March 2007 as previously stated. The replacement show "Snow Queen" has been cancelled and BBB will now play indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That is for sure.

As for Big band Beat... the show is not closing in March 2007 as previously stated. The replacement show "Snow Queen" has been cancelled and BBB will now play indefinitely.
    Oops, sorry if I posted incorrect information
    The information was from a JTB travel brochure I picked up a few days ago.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

In the last few weeks I have made a decision to cancel my upcoming trip to Walt Disney World and decided instead to return back to the Tokyo Disney Resort for later in the year.
    You. Suck.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You. Suck.
    Don't hold it against him aimster... TDR is that GOOD. You gotta go and see what the big deal is..

• Banned User

I think aimster wishes she could also go to TDR and thats why I suck because I will be returning next year.

Also is anyone else happy that the Big Band Beat will be staying on for longer now,as I love the show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast