TDLFAN embarrassed?? Right.....

• Banned User

Re: What's next for TDL's Tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    TDLFAN embarrassed?? Right.....
    I was blushing. NOT embarrased.

• Banned User

I just read, on Joe's site, that the new hotel won't open until 2009 and the Monsters Inc. ride until 2010. Long time to wait! I don't think Midway Mania construction at DCA is supposed to take anywhere near that long--2008, I think.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    I just read, on Joe's site, that the new hotel won't open until 2009 and the Monsters Inc. ride until 2010. Long time to wait! I don't think Midway Mania construction at DCA is supposed to take anywhere near that long--2008, I think.

Where did you read that? I can't seem to find it. Would you mind posting a link please?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    Thanks. Anyways, I was skipping through that document and came upon something about them adding Pier 33- Boatman's Terrace or something like that. It describes it as a dining area where guests can enjoy alcoholic drinks and snacks while enjoying the view of the New York Harbor. I have never heard about this, nor seen it. Does anyone know where this is located?

It just opened for the Christmas season. Here it is:

• Minion

Thanks Joe. Also, would you mind telling me why the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and the Monsters Inc attraction have delayed their opening by one year?

There also mentioned that they were going to start an early entry program for Tokyo DisneySea if you were staying at the MiraCosta. Do you know how long they are implementing this because it says they are starting in January for a "limited period". And just how early do you get to enter the park?

EDIT: Discovered that it is offered for all guests who are staying at either the Official Hotels or the Disney Hotels. It basically acts as an "Extra Magic Hour" program for anyone who is familiar with that term, and they let you in one hour prior to park opening to ride a few select attractions such as Tower of Terror, JttCotE, and Indy. And here I was thinking that only the MiraCosta guests would be able to use this program.

Tokyo DisneySea® "Early Entry"

#1. Tokyo DisneySea® Early Entry dates:
    First stage: 2007, January 9th (Thursday) ~ February 2nd (Friday)
    Second stage: 2007, April 9th (Monday) ~July 13th (Friday)

#2. Early Entry Certificates are available for guests staying at any of the Official Hotels of the Tokyo Disney Resort® or at The Hotels of the Tokyo Disney Resort®.

#3. On the morning following an overnight stay at any the Official Hotels of the Tokyo Disney Resort® or at The Hotels of the Tokyo Disney Resort®, guests will be allowed entry into Tokyo DisneySea® one hour prior to park opening. The list below includes the most popular attractions that our guests may enjoy during early entry times:

Tower of Terror
    Journey to the Center of the Earth
    Indiana Jones® Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull
    Raging Spirits
    Jumpin’ Jellyfish
    Blowfish Balloon Race
    Ariel’s Playground

#4. Early Entry Certificate holders notice: Attractions available during early entry times may change during the 2nd stage period [2007, April 9th (Monday) ~July 13th (Friday)].
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 11-25-2006 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Added extra information

I'll answer the last part first...

The Early Entry program began in April 2005 for a 3-month trial run. At that time, it was 30-minutes before Park opening. It was available again from April-July 2006. Next year, it will be expanded to one hour before opening.

About Monsters and the Hotel...

If you read the report carefully, it says "year ending March 2010" for the Monsters, Inc. attraction. This is "fiscal year 2009" which runs from April 2009 to March 2010. The original release back in January stated the same thing. They are giving themselves some elbow room in case of any delays. It would make sense to open the attraction after the Park's 25th Anniversary events end in March 2009. Same thing happened when "Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters" opened a month after TDL's 20th ended.

Original Monsters, Inc. release:
    http://www.jtcent.com/extras/news/news_060130.html

Ditto for the TDL Hotel and Cirque du Soleil theater. They are both scheduled to open "in the year ending March 2009", meaning FY 2008 that starts from April 2008.

Original Cirque release:
    http://www.jtcent.com/extras/news/news_050413.html

Original TDL Hotel release:
    http://www.jtcent.com/extras/news/news_060206.html

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Perhaps, a PeopleMover (or a track for something similar) might be on the horizon, especially if Disneyland receives a new ride for it's former PM track in the near future.

Also, DL is sure to get a replacement for the aging HISTA. Considering the many restaurants at TDL, it could easily replace one or more of them with a 4-D attraction, a Crush/Stitch interactive attraction and/or even Mission: Space.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Thanks for answering that Joe. Just out of curiosity, do you think they will ever implement a Tokyo Disneyland Early Entry program? I wonder why they haven't yet, perhaps they are making Tokyo DisneySea appeal more to the guests?

Just wait until the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opens. There is a rumor that there will be a guest-exclusive entrance, perhaps even underground access into the Park.

JoeInJpn

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Just wait until the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opens. There is a rumor that there will be a guest-exclusive entrance, perhaps even underground access into the Park.

JoeInJpn
    Odds are that an early entry program will be introduced shortly after the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opens.

Interestingly enough, plans exist to eventually tear down DL's Disneyland Hotel. As much as I live the landmark, the sacrafice would be bearable if it means added land for future DCA expansion.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post

JoeInJpn
    I wonder how that will work, especially since the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is not particularily close to the entrance of the park (unlike the Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel (Paris), and the MiraCosta). You would have to walk under the monorail station (if this underground passage rumor is true), past the ticket gates, and finally into the entrance plaza.

Unless guests are allowed early entry through this rumored passage, I don't see the point of it since you can just walk out from the hotel and walk the same distance (unlike the MiraCosta where the private entrance leads you directly from inside the hotel to Mediterranean Harbor).

And wasn't OLC worried that adding an exclusive entrance to Tokyo Disneyland for hotel guests would make the hotel too popular since most people would jump at the chance of being able to enter the park more quickly? I'm sure most people would rather enter Tokyo Disneyland earlier than Tokyo DisneySea, and that was the main reason I thought they decided to keep an exclusive entrace for Tokyo DisneySea only.

• Banned User

You will never see Mission Space built at any other Disney park. It's a ride that literally kills people with previous ailments (both known and unknown) at a higher rate than any other Disney ride--reason probably being that not only are the G forces sustained for longer, but it's not a roller coaster and people just don't get how dangerous it can be by looking at it (in other words, it doesn't look "scary").

Joe, thanks for clarifying the dates for the Monsters Inc ride and new hotel.

Why isn't it feasible to have a direct underground entrance from the Tokyo Disneyland hotel to Tokyo Disneyland? Haven't you been on any of the moving walkways at airports around the world? It could be done very easily and would help to justify extremely high room rates (if they wanted to do that). Frankly, I can't imagine what the "high" room rates would be since the existing Miracosta and Ambassador are absurdly expensive as it is, but by the time the hotel opens, if it has this type of exclusive access (it's own gate or underground access), I think the least expensive room will be $550 to $600 a night. Maybe that'll take some of the pressure off the Miracosta and Ambassador and their rates will drop a bit. Or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast