Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What's next for TDL's Tomorrowland

What with two parts of Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland recieving some updates (Space Mountain Re-Launching in 2007, Monsters, Inc. opening in 2009) could a full and serious update be in works? And could they salvage the plan for the SciFi City plan from the 1990s.

What would be left to update? (Buzz Lightyear is fairly new, so it wouldn't be part of it) Grand Circuit Raceway, Star Jets, Star Tours, MicroAdventure, all seem up for some change or at least some outside changes.

Any ideas?

• Banned User

Re: What's next for TDL's Tomorrowland

Don't think you'll see any enormous changes to the area itself. The Monsters Inc. ride is going to be expensive as it is. I enjoy the retro feel of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    I enjoy the retro feel of the area.
    So do I!
    It's one of the best things, if not THE best thing, in TDL

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    Don't think you'll see any enormous changes to the area itself. The Monsters Inc. ride is going to be expensive as it is. I enjoy the retro feel of the area.
    Me too, it's very nostalgic which technically is bad for the theme since it's called Tommorrowland but I honestly don't care, I like the retro feel. I think DLP's concept of "Discoveryland" is better than Tommorrowland because then there isn't as much of a need to update it so that it will always be futuristic.

• Banned User

I personally love TDL's TL because it's so reminds me of the original WDW concept from 1971... and is not the mess the actual TL at the MK has turned out to be.

• Disneyland Paris Fan

My opinion is only based upon pictures.....but I do feel the place looks a little bit to retro for me. So this could use some updating.
    I do like Discoveryland at DLP best, although it is a shame that they let the Jules Vernes-like theme get a little bit sloppy (Buzz.....).
    I think the idea to redo Tomorrowland in WDW and DL was good, but the actual realization unfortunately didn't turn out a great succes. Mostly because of a too low budget.

• Hello!

leave it, it is classic but please dont mix it around

• Disney Park Traveler

I love the retro feel as well! What's wrong with mixing old and new? It is a part of Tokyo itself, modern buildings mixed with tradtional. Besides, the whole Stars Tours/Pan Glactic Pizza Port area looks pretty futuristic. (It is a newer update to the land, anyone know when that happened?) I love the upstairs overhead walkwall that connects the atraction to the resturaunt. That whole area is just really cool looking IMO.

If anyone has a copy of the the book "One Day at Disney", (which I highly recommend getting, if you dont already have it,) Check out page 54 and 94 for some great shots of TDL Tomorrowland.

• Banned User

I ate in the Pan Galactic Pizza Port in September--very funny place and unique to Tokyo Disneyland (unless there's one in Paris I don't recall).

Anyone noticed that the same figure for Sonny Eclipse in the Magic Kingdom is also used in Tomorrowland in Tokyo? Let's see what expert can tell us where.

• Hello!

No, there is no Pan Galactic Pizza Port in Paris. There is only a Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    My opinion is only based upon pictures.....but I do feel the place looks a little bit to retro for me. So this could use some updating.
    I do like Discoveryland at DLP best, although it is a shame that they let the Jules Vernes-like theme get a little bit sloppy (Buzz.....).
    I think the idea to redo Tomorrowland in WDW and DL was good, but the actual realization unfortunately didn't turn out a great succes. Mostly because of a too low budget.
    That is the reason why I don't want the to mess around with TDL's TL because their previous redos of the WDW and DLR were AWFUL!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fantillusion View Post
    No, there is no Pan Galactic Pizza Port in Paris. There is only a Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet
    Last time I saw Pizza Planet opened at DLP was like two years ago!!! Do they even still open it for business???

• Hello!

It says it is open on the leaflet.

Was it not closed and they reopened ith when BLLB opened or something

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I remember Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet use to sell them Pizza Burgers which were ausome.I think it only opens on certain days each week,but could be wrong.

As for Tomorrowland I say lets keep it the way it is for now.Its kind of like the world of Tomorrow WDI visioned back almost 25 years a go.As for new attractions I don't think we'll be seeing changes to either StarTours or Micro Adventure until the US parks decide to replace there versions.

• Koubu Pilot

Maybe they should use a metallic color scheme like in Anaheim. The architecture remained the same, but covering over rust, navy, gold, and burgundy with silver and metallic blues really did wonders.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast