Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    10

    Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Hi, as you can see, this is my very first post. Well, we're planning a trip to TDL and was wondering if Miracosta hotel do offer family suites?The last time we stayed there we had a superior room but found the bed too small to accomodate an adult and a child.We are a family of four (2 adults 2 young children) and would really like to take one room if possible.The website doesn't seem to offer any room that accomodate more than three.I know they offer family rooms in Ambassodor but it being Christmas we thought maybe Miracosta would be more romantic. Can someone please help me out. It's really a pain trying to call them at their ressie number.Thanks.

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    I travelled with a group of 4 and found the Superior Room just fine in the MiraCosta. I guess it's because I'm used to sleeping in a small bed. You can always add another bed for a fee of about $50 but this depends on how big the room is. Also, how much are you willing to pay? Suites can often go above $1000/night! Personally, I would recommend this as it worked for me.

    Combine the two beds (as in push them together). This makes it slighly larger and able to fit up to 3 people. Have the last remaining person sleep on the trundle bed. Worked like a charm for me!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    10

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    TDR fan , thanks for the reply. I managed to get thru to an Eng speaking operator today.Turns out we could add an extra bed to the superior room if we're on the porto paradiso side. Funny, the last time we were there 2 years ago we had that kind of room on that specific side but was not able to get an extra bed.Must be some miscommunications. Still in a delimma... the pretty Miracosta, or the family room in Ambassodor, or the family suite in Hilton.By the way, Hilton offers a lot more space than the two Disney hotel but minus the disney majic of course.

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Quote Originally Posted by asianmom View Post
    TDR fan , thanks for the reply. I managed to get thru to an Eng speaking operator today.Turns out we could add an extra bed to the superior room if we're on the porto paradiso side. Funny, the last time we were there 2 years ago we had that kind of room on that specific side but was not able to get an extra bed.Must be some miscommunications. Still in a delimma... the pretty Miracosta, or the family room in Ambassodor, or the family suite in Hilton.By the way, Hilton offers a lot more space than the two Disney hotel but minus the disney majic of course.

    Definitely go for the MiraCosta. The luxury and unparalled theming far make up for the smaller rooms. Not only is the family room very expensive, I would regret staying anywhere else knowing that I could've stayed at the MiraCosta. The luxury, location+view, and unparalled theming of the MiraCosta FAR make up for the slightly smaller rooms. The experience you'll get at the MiraCosta will be far more immersive, romantic, and oustanding than either the Ambassador or the Hilton Tokyo Bay.


    I'm actually in a bit of a dilemma myself (though not nearly as big). Should I stay 2 nights on the Venice Side and 3 nights on the Porto Paradiso Side (Harbor View), OR all 5 nights on the Porto Paradiso Side (Harbor View)? I sort of want to try out different rooms but I'm not too fond of the Venice Side myself, especially when I could be spending the whole trip facing the habor. I wouldn't want to waste 2 nights facing the swimming pool when I would've been spending the night facing the volcano.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 11-19-2006 at 10:18 AM.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  5. #5

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I sort of want to try out different rooms but I'm not too fond of the Venice Side myself, especially when I could be spending the whole trip facing the habor. I wouldn't want to waste 2 nights facing the swimming pool when I would've been spending the night facing the volcano.
    It's just two nights. Is it really a waste? I think the Venice side is gorgeous, any view in the Miracosta is gorgeous. Sure you'd rather be facing the harbor but you're saving money and getting an experience. Trust me, I'd die to stay in the Miracosta for five nights, any view. It's much better than the train ride home at 11 and getting home at 12:30 which is the usual case for me. I'm thrilled with any hotel on the resort for that matter.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    It's just two nights. Is it really a waste? I think the Venice side is gorgeous, any view in the Miracosta is gorgeous. Sure you'd rather be facing the harbor but you're saving money and getting an experience. Trust me, I'd die to stay in the Miracosta for five nights, any view. It's much better than the train ride home at 11 and getting home at 12:30 which is the usual case for me. I'm thrilled with any hotel on the resort for that matter.

    I guess the Venice Side is not that bad but I don't want to make a big hassle trying to book two different rooms. It only worked last time because the hotel didn't have a room that was vacant for all 4 nights. Therefore, I had to go in a Tuscany Side room the first night before being moved to the Porto Paradiso Side for the remaining 3 nights. I don't know if they'll even let me switch rooms if the hotel is not near capacity.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Stay at the Hilton and save your money for food and souvenirs. I find the folks at the Hilton to be as nice as at any Disney hotel I've stayed in.

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Some people can only visit Japan so many times in their lifetime. It's only fair that they get the best experience. After all, they deserve it! Why not splurge a little bit when you're on vactaion? Would saving a couple of hundred bucks really be worth losing out on a one of a kind experience that is the MiraCosta?

    Like I have said before, the MiraCosta is just stunningly beautiful. I would kick myself for the rest of the plane trip home if I skipped it in favor of the dreadfully plain Hilton Tokyo Bay. I would GLADLY use the extra money to get the best out of my trip.

    The MiraCosta is just out of this world. Looking out your window and experiencing the relaxing atmosphere of Mediterranean Harbor. No hotel can ever compare to that, especially not a Hilton. The Hilton Tokyo Bay is just that; a normal Hilton. Don't be expecting any of that Disney magic, let alone theming. It's sole purpose is to provide a place for you to sleep. That's why I would personally spend $100+/night more to stay in a Harbor View room in the MiraCosta instead of any of the non-Disney hotels.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 11-19-2006 at 09:36 PM.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  9. #9

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    10

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    TDR Fan, you're right. Miracosta wins handsdown if we're talking about the experience of it all, but I really hate the small bed. However, I guess the Disney magic will win eventually.Afterall, we're going for the Christmas celebration.As for the Ambassodor , well, we'll have to miss the Character breakfast (that's vital when you have small kids like us), sigh.
    Actually, we've stayed in all three hotels before. Hilton is really not that bad if you have a good room.We had the Deluxe plus on its top floor overseeing the ocean on our second trip. I booked Hilton to save money and boy, did I save! It was US200 dollars pe night and the room was like almost twice as big as the one we got in Miracosta (ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little).Most important of all, the bed were much more comfortable, not to mention that we had three beds plus a trundle all in the same room.Well, yesterady I got all excited about their family suite after seeing it on their Jap website,you see, it's almost like the kid's suite at Portofino Bay hotel in Universal Orlando, it's themed,kids have their seperate bed room, connected of course and then a jacuzzi in the bath! What more can you want. But I'm not so excited anymore today after getting off the phone with their reservation staff, guess what, that room cost 1200 bucks per night,errrr.

    Okay, TDR Fan, you've made my mind up for me, Miracosta it is. As for your delimma, personally, if you are like me and do not speak fluent Jap, I'll say go for one room type cos it could be a real hassle if something goes wrong with the move.The first time we stayed at the hotel, I wanted to change from the Venice to Port p side and it took us 2 hours to complete the move.Then there was another time I had to spend 1 hour trying to explain to the concierge staff that I want my post parcel insured. otherwise, split stays are always fun.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Quote Originally Posted by asianmom View Post
    As for your delimma, personally, if you are like me and do not speak fluent Jap, I'll say go for one room type cos it could be a real hassle if something goes wrong with the move.The first time we stayed at the hotel, I wanted to change from the Venice to Port p side and it took us 2 hours to complete the move.
    If I may ask, what exactly went wrong when you were trying to switch rooms? Did they lose record of your reservation and accidently give away your second room? And did you make a reservation for 2 rooms beforehand, or did you go up and request the Porto Paradiso Side after you arrived?

    And just out of curiosity, how did you find the view from the Venice Side. And which view did you have on the Porto Paradiso Side? Was it Partial, Piazza, or Harbor? Which one did you like better?

    And I think I'll take your advice because I do not speak Japanese at all. I don't want to try explaining to them about me wanting to book two different rooms at different dates. Besides, I'm not really interested in the Venice Side anyways. I think I'll save the trouble and book a room on the Porto Paradiso Side. And I'll definitely call 6 months before to ensure that I get a Harbor View.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    10

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    If I may ask, what exactly went wrong when you were trying to switch rooms? Did they lose record of your reservation and accidently give away your second room? And did you make a reservation for 2 rooms beforehand, or did you go up and request the Porto Paradiso Side after you arrived?

    And just out of curiosity, how did you find the view from the Venice Side. And which view did you have on the Porto Paradiso Side? Was it Partial, Piazza, or Harbor? Which one did you like better?

    And I think I'll take your advice because I do not speak Japanese at all. I don't want to try explaining to them about me wanting to book two different rooms at different dates. Besides, I'm not really interested in the Venice Side anyways. I think I'll save the trouble and book a room on the Porto Paradiso Side. And I'll definitely call 6 months before to ensure that I get a Harbor View.
    Well, nothing went wrong ,really, it was just poor communications and very slow pace of work, in my opinion.I booked a Venice room and upon check in, found the view not to my liking, well, it was day time still, and all we could see was lamp poles and concrete floorings.But to be honest, by the time we got moved the lights have come on (2 hours remember?) and the view wasn't too bad by then. Anyhow, I called reception from the room trying to explain that i wished to switch to Port P side and would be grateful if they could show me some of the rooms with diff views.They switched me to an Eng speaking staff who couldn't make out what I was trying to get at, so finally got to a manageress who understood my request, so sorry to have kept me waiting , would send someone up to assist me...well ,this someone appeared like twenty min later, oh, you don't speak Jap? so sorry, please wait a moment...that moment means another twenty min, at last, a very pretty young girl appeared, oh, you want to see diff rooms,sorry(bow, bow) please wait a moment while I go back and check, thirty min later... well, you are lucky since you checked in early, we have 3 pp rooms left, please come with me....well, by that time I have long regretted my stupid request ,should have stuck to the ugly room and saved the time for the Park!
    The up side is, I got to see the different Port P rooms.Sorry, can't really remember the piazza view but think it doesn't offer a good view of the volcano.Like you already know, the habour view is the best, but the room we got was on the left, thought the view might have been more "perfect" if we were on the right wing.
    How I wish they have books like the ones that tells about WDW, they even tell you which room numbers to request for.Nevertheless ,do book early like you plan and arrive right after 3. That way, you get to pick the best rooms.Might do a little snooping around if I get to go for Christmas,maybe then we could have some 'must have' rooms to pass on on this site.Well until then , merry planning.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,122

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    They do have books available with more information on Resort hotel rooms. They just happen to be in Japanese. Good luck.

    JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Quote Originally Posted by asianmom View Post
    The up side is, I got to see the different Port P rooms.Sorry, can't really remember the piazza view but think it doesn't offer a good view of the volcano.Like you already know, the habour view is the best, but the room we got was on the left, thought the view might have been more "perfect" if we were on the right wing.
    The right wing? Is that the side facing the S.S. Columbia cruise ship and American Waterfront (Rooms 4125-4139 in picture)? Where was your room located in the picture and why do you prefer the right wing of the hotel? How is the view better from there, as opposed to the middle or left wing.

    Blue: Harbor View
    Green: Piazza View
    Yellow: Partial View

    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 11-21-2006 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Typo
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  14. #14

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    10

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Gee, I'm not sure.You see, it's been three years and it was our first trip to any disney,ever. Everything was chaos, and not speaking their language made it worse.I don't even remember the room number, (we lost our first videotape during the move to Ambassodor and so, have no idea which room we stayed in). Anyhow, I remember the volcano was to the far right of our view,so we must have been on the left wing, harbour view; it was kind of lobsided, like seeing a show from the far corner, that's why I thought maybe the right wing would be better.But that's just my wild guess.Maybe we should ask JoeinJpn, he might know.

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

    Quote Originally Posted by asianmom View Post
    Gee, I'm not sure.You see, it's been three years and it was our first trip to any disney,ever. Everything was chaos, and not speaking their language made it worse.I don't even remember the room number, (we lost our first videotape during the move to Ambassodor and so, have no idea which room we stayed in). Anyhow, I remember the volcano was to the far right of our view,so we must have been on the left wing, harbour view; it was kind of lobsided, like seeing a show from the far corner, that's why I thought maybe the right wing would be better.But that's just my wild guess.Maybe we should ask JoeinJpn, he might know.

    Here's a site that may help you. It shows all the views from the rooms listed in that picture I posted. You may find the view you guys had.

    http://pyon.x0.com/Miracosta/miracosta_nagame.htm
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Should I stay at Stay Bridge suites or the Embassy Suites in Lake Buena Vista
    By mrgoofy73 in forum Orlando Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 07:23 PM
  2. Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites?
    By NeverNeverland in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
  3. Hotel MiraCosta- Speciale Rooms and Suites
    By TDR_Fan in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 06:22 PM
  4. All Star Music Family Suites - OPEN???
    By VeganPrincess in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 10:40 PM
  5. All-Star Music Family Suites
    By Doopey1 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 12:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •