•   

Hotel/Packages in Tokyo

Hi there!

I am new - if there is a thread please tell me where to go.

Here's what I am looking for - We are going to Tokyo between Xmas and New years - We are in DVC - there are no accomodations available for us at this time. I have a room on hold at the Hilton near the park. Are there any packages one can get with tickets and transfers from the airport? Is there another way of booking on Disney Property - the site is in Japanese once you get to the reservation page.

Please advise.

Thanks

• World Traveler

Re: Hotel/Packages in Tokyo

I think the only way to book a Disney hotel is by calling their reservations number directly. Good luck on getting anything this late.

The Hilton Tokyo Bay is pretty good, that's where we stayed.

I don't know of any company that sells packages to TDR, but you might want to try and check with JTB.

It really is very easy to use the limousine bus to get from the airport to Tokyo or the TDR. They are quite frequent and a reasonable cost.

I don't think you can get tickets in advance. Maybe TDLFan or JoeInJpn can help on that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by la_canuck View Post
    We are going to Tokyo between Xmas and New years - We are in DVC - there are no accomodations available for us at this time. I have a room on hold at the Hilton near the park. Are there any packages one can get with tickets and transfers from the airport? Is there another way of booking on Disney Property - the site is in Japanese once you get to the reservation page.

Please advise.

Thanks
    As far as I know, there are no packages that would include airport transfers and park tickets together, unless you happen to book with any travel agency that may be offering tour group rates, but I am only guessing.
    Seems to me the best way to secure a reservation from an international destination is to call their number, or contact a japanese agency such as JR's View and JTB, but I am not sure if this can be done from outside Japan. Park tickets can also be bought online at:

http://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/Tic...ns?storeID=TDR

However, sometimes online sales are suspended due to projected attendance estimates. As for visiting TDL between Xmas and New year's... the crowds may be a bit lite because all of the Xmas events have ended on the 25th, but note that TDL will close early on some of those nights as they are offering the "Countdown Parade Event" as a hard ticket event on some nights during those days..

JoeinJpn may be able to help more on this...

One more thing... Keep the room at the Hilton. It's a 3 min walt to TDR Line monorail station and an "Official TDR Hotel", which means....you will be able to purchase tickets to the parks there, and I believe you are garrantied entry into the parks, no matter what. How do you think some crazy fans get to enjoy the Countdown Party on New Year's Eve??

• Banned User

Yes, DEFINITELY keep your tickets to the Hilton Tokyo Bay. I always stay there--the staff is top notch, friendly, and efficient.
    TDLFAN must walk slowly: it only takes me two minutes to walk out the front door of the hotel to the monorail station.
    They do sell tickets there, which will allow you to avoid waiting on a long line at the front of the park.
    And, since you are staying at one of the official hotels, you are guaranteed to get into the park even when they close the gates.

•   

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I have kept the reservation. We will give it a shot. We're very excited.

Carl

• Banned User

You should be excited. You are heading to the best Disney resort on Earth!!!

•   

I gotta like your spirit!

I have been reading about HK Disneyland. I think we planned out trip poorly.

We are in HK DL for 3 Days which included Xmas Eve - then head to Tokyo for 3 nights. My wife is really bummed because they stop the Xmas festivities the day after xmas. :-(

Sounds like HK DL is worth a day or two. Unfortunately we have been to HK three times already so we are really only going for the Park. I should have read the site first!

The extra day in Tokyo would have been better.

I think we are planning on taking the bus to the park from the hotel. We will decide when we get there.

Can't wait!

Carl

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by la_canuck View Post
    Sounds like HK DL is worth a day or two.
    The extra day in Tokyo would have been better.
    HKDL is not worth more than one day as it is right now.. I would have done the extra day in Tokyo.