Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castle changes

Castle changes

I love tokyo disneyland and its cinderlla castle but I hate the fact that the castle looks almost exactley like cinderella castle in disney world. I know that it has been painted but I don't think thats enough. I would like the castle to be stript down and completely remodeled for its 25th. I would want the castle to stay the same style and color scheme but be architecturallyl different enough to make it stand out. Does any one agree or know if there are any such plans underway?

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• Banned User

Re: Castle changes

You are late. The TDL castle has just bee remodeled and re-painted in a different color scheme than that of the MK castle and IMO... looks nicer than the MK's right now. But the MK castle is also in the midst of a repainting job...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You are late. The TDL castle has just bee remodeled and re-painted in a different color scheme than that of the MK castle and IMO... looks nicer than the MK's right now. But the MK castle is also in the midst of a repainting job...

I believe that TBAAFAN knew about the new color scheme but wanted the castle to be different architecturally to distinguish itself from the Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I believe that TBAAFAN knew about the new color scheme but wanted the castle to be different architecturally to distinguish itself from the Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom.

Yes I know about the new color scheme and I love it. But I don't think that is enough to make the castle stand out. Does anyone agree?
    Last edited by TBAAFAN; 11-26-2006 at 04:44 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TBAAFAN View Post
    Yes I know about the new color scheme and I love it. But I don't think that is enough to make the castle stand out. Does anyone agree?
    Obviously not. Having seen the new color at WDW, I wholeheartedly agree, the new color scheme at TDL is much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Obviously not. Having seen the new color at WDW, I wholeheartedly agree, the new color scheme at TDL is much much better.
    Yes it is much much better. But color alone is not enough. Tokyo's castle needs to stand out. I want people to look at a picture of Tokyo's castle and say "Yes that's Tokyo Disneyland's Cinderella castle" (The outside of Tokyo's Haunted Mansion needs to change with Cinderella castle)

• Banned User

Why change whats working?? there haunted mansion has unique touches... there castle has unique touches..

the oriental land company chose the designs for the park based on the best of each park at the time. how would anyone mistake TDL's castle for WDW when it has such a nice paint job with it's gold detail and dark stone.

WDW would never go that deep...

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    Why change whats working?? there haunted mansion has unique touches... there castle has unique touches..

the oriental land company chose the designs for the park based on the best of each park at the time. how would anyone mistake TDL's castle for WDW when it has such a nice paint job with it's gold detail and dark stone.

WDW would never go that deep...

Because it's the icon of the park and I want the park to stand out in the croud. (The new castle could use the same color scheme.)

I just wanted to know if there are plans to change the castle even more.
    I am shore they must plan on doing something to the castle for the big 25th. (I just hope it doesn't involve turning the castle into a big pink cake.)

• Banned User

Believe me, TDLfan knows what he is talking about, WDW's castle is much lighter in color than TDL's castle is and TDL's castle is much better.

They might have something planed to do, or just leave it looking great.. They could as you say, bring this to toyko...

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    Believe me, TDLfan knows what he is talking about, WDW's castle is much lighter in color than TDL's castle is and TDL's castle is much better.

They might have something planed to do, or just leave it looking great.. They could as you say, bring this to toyko...

I know Tokyo's castle is much better. I just would like for the castle to be one of a kind. But that's just my opinion. (I guess I am just being too picky. But I love Tokyo Disneyland the way it is anyway.)

Architecturally this would be enough change for me. (As long as the new castle color scheme stays)

• Banned User

Why not change the castle's look at the MK. After all... the entire MK needs major renovations, so why not start there?

• Banned User

But, why did everyone hate that castle cake makeover at the Magic Kingdom? Was it because the castle was pink?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    But, why did everyone hate that castle cake makeover at the Magic Kingdom? Was it because the castle was pink?
    I think it was because it looked very tacky and misplaced. It ruined what could've been a wonderful view, at least that's what I think. I'm sure most people would rather have their pictures taken in front of a majestic fairy tale castle than a giant birthday cake.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Anyone who thinks they applied "pink" to the MK castle has got to have their eyes examinated. That color is NOT pink. More like a lighter shade of beige. Pink is more like what they have at DLP and HKDL at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast