Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your tokyo Disneyland

I like reading about what people think of the different Disney parks. So I want to know what you would do to Tokyo Disneyland if it was yours to do what ever you wanted to do with it. Please feel free to go into great detail if you want. I enjoy reading your ideas because it gives me ideas.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• Minion

Re: Your tokyo Disneyland

I would give their Fantasyland a complete renovation and make it like Disneyland's village setting. Right now, it's sort of a mix of that and a carnival (which looks quite tacky). Also, I would update Tomorrowland. It's just so outdated and plain that it doesn't match the rest of the visually pleasing areas of the park.

I think Tokyo Disneyland really needs help in the theming category, as both Disneyland and Disneyland Paris soar above it in terms of that. There's no doubt that Tokyo Disneyland could be the most beautiful Magic Kingdom if both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were renovated. Every other land looks better than at the other Magic Kingdoms. Now if only some of Tokyo DisneySea's beauty rubbed off on Tokyo Disneyland.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Bring back Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour!!!!! I also have a huge problem with their castle show seating lottery. I know it is needed because of the large amount of people who sit all day watching shows, but when I was there for the 20th anniversary I tried for 10 days, 2 different shows a day and got nothing!!! I even had friends in the day show.

I am such a huge fan of TDL that I wouldn't change much except the railroad track. Something about taking the train through the middle of Fantasyland is wierd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I am such a huge fan of TDL that I wouldn't change much except the railroad track. Something about taking the train through the middle of Fantasyland is wierd to me.
    Huh? The Western River Railroad doesn't go through the middle of Fantasyland in Tokyo. In fact, the Disneyland Railroad goes through an attraction in Anaheim.

But I agree, the lottery sucks.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com

1. Build the peoplemover in Tomorrowland. (a new version of the peoplemover)
    2. A new Dumbo the flying elephant ride. (now it looks so outdated)
    3. Change Cinderella castle to be unique.
    4. Change the outside of the haunted mansion to make it unique.
    5. Build a new version of Mickey's philarmagic.
    6. Build a new mountain ride like the Matterhorn.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

I've only been on the train in Tokyo once many years ago and I remember it having a wacky route. I'm old school and like it going around the park. I last rode it in '95 so my memory could be fuzzy.

Take the best parts of DLP (circa 1992) and incorporate them.
    Fantasyland, The POTC show building (love that fort look), the original Discoveryland...
    In fact all of DLP with the OLC's knack of doing Disney "right" would be amazing IMHO.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jrriddle View Post
    Take the best parts of DLP (circa 1992) and incorporate them.
    Fantasyland, The POTC show building (love that fort look), the original Discoveryland...
    In fact all of DLP with the OLC's knack of doing Disney "right" would be amazing IMHO.
    Look no further than Tokyo DisneySea to see what Disney can do with no budget. If my memory serves me correct, Port Discovery and Mysterious Island are reminiscent of Discoveryland- even better than Discoveryland in my opinon. All of Tokyo DisneySea is a stunning masterpiece, especially Mediterranean Harbor and the Hotel MiraCosta.

Theming is the biggest priority for me when I visit a theme park, reason why I prefer beautiful gems such as Disneyland Paris and Tokyo DisneySea over the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. After all, theming is what really sets Disney parks apart from the other theme parks. Detail really wins me over for some reason and because of this, I would rate the 11 Disney parks in this order based on beauty.

1) Tokyo DisneySea
    2) Disneyland Paris
    3) Disneyland
    4) Tokyo Disneyland
    5) Disney's Animal Kingdom
    6) Magic Kingdom
    7) Hong Kong Disneyland
    8) Epcot
    9) Disney MGM-Studios
    10) Disney's California Adventure
    11) Walt Disney Studios

I love TDS!!! I stayed at Hotel Miracosta overlooking the gondolas this summer for the 5th anniversary celebration. Missed the opening of TOT though. The theming in that park is beautiful, and the gyoza dog is worth the trip to Japan!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    I love TDS!!! I stayed at Hotel Miracosta overlooking the gondolas this summer for the 5th anniversary celebration. Missed the opening of TOT though. The theming in that park is beautiful, and the gyoza dog is worth the trip to Japan!!!
    I loved it as well, especially the Hotel MiraCosta. Easily the best 5 star hotel I've ever had the chance of staying at (and I've been to all the fancy resorts in Las Vegas including the Venetian and Bellagio). I had a room overlooking the plazas of Porto Paradiso. It was just top notch and beyond comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Look no further than Tokyo DisneySea to see what Disney can do with no budget. If my memory serves me correct, Port Discovery and Mysterious Island are reminiscent of Discoveryland- even better than Discoveryland in my opinon. All of Tokyo DisneySea is a stunning masterpiece, especially Mediterranean Harbor and the Hotel MiraCosta.

Theming is the biggest priority for me when I visit a theme park, reason why I prefer beautiful gems such as Disneyland Paris and Tokyo DisneySea over the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. After all, theming is what really sets Disney parks apart from the other theme parks. Detail really wins me over for some reason and because of this, I would rate the 11 Disney parks in this order based on beauty.

1) Tokyo DisneySea
    2) Disneyland Paris
    3) Disneyland
    4) Tokyo Disneyland
    6) Magic Kingdom
    7) Hong Kong Disneyland
    8) Epcot
    9) Disney MGM-Studios
    11) Walt Disney Studios
    Themeing wise they trump Discoveryland. But I'm a big Verne freak so the more the better.
    I agree with your list but I would bump up Epcot a few place just on the merits of World Showcase.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jrriddle View Post
    Themeing wise they trump Discoveryland. But I'm a big Verne freak so the more the better.
    I agree with your list but I would bump up Epcot a few place just on the merits of World Showcase.
    I'm a big fan of Jules Verne's work as well. Mysterious Island captures the atmosphere of the books perfectly with both Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea taking place in a caldera. Discoveryland was fabulous too (far better than the non-visually pleasing Tomorrowlands) before they redecorated the whole land. It has lost its charm after they replaced De la Terre a la Lune with Mission 2, as well as after the addition of Buzz Lightyear. I do love that both Tokyo DisneySea and Disneyland Paris still have their full-scale Nautilus recreations sitting in the lagoon

• Banned User

There is little that needs to be changed about TDL in particular, even if some areas of tomorrowland and Fantasyland could use a renovation and upgraded look. Other than that, leave the park, and it's many unique atriibutes (such as World Bazaar and the train track ALONE!).

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    1) Tokyo DisneySea
    2) Disneyland Paris
    3) Disneyland
    4) Tokyo Disneyland
    6) Magic Kingdom
    7) Hong Kong Disneyland
    8) Epcot
    9) Disney MGM-Studios
    11) Walt Disney Studios
    You put Tokyo Disneyland over the Animal Kingdom,hmm interesting.As I think Animal Kingdom is a far more spectucular park to TDL when it comes to theming and beauty.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    You put Tokyo Disneyland over the Animal Kingdom,hmm interesting.As I think Animal Kingdom is a far more spectucular park to TDL when it comes to theming and beauty.
    I was giving props to the unique layout of Tokyo Disneyland, especially in the Critter Country/Westernland section. I really liked how you could see Splash Mountain from across the Rivers of America.

Animal Kingdom was a very pretty park, but I took points off for DinoRama and the lame Camp Minnie-Mickey and Rafiki's Planet Watch because they are just not visually pleasing.

In short, I think that Animal Kingdom is just BARELY behind Tokyo Disneyland in terms of the overall beauty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast