Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

20,000 Leagues under the sea pictures?

does anyone have any actual pictures of the ride?

• Banned User

I have tried taking several pictures but the lighting is quite low and the magnified glass feel of the vehicles windows do make for a most challenging job with an open lens, especially since the vehicles are constantly moving... Makes for very blurry and dark pictures. I have ended up deleting the ones I have tried to capture. Also, this ride has a "NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED" sign in the queue and on the vehicles, and at TDR...those CMs mean business.

O thanks alot anyway!
    Last edited by BackIntoYourSystem; 05-18-2005 at 02:56 PM. Reason: words were mixed up

• Banned User

Of course....that does not mean some people have been able to capture images during the ride... so I am sure there has got to be some pics on line somewhere...

TDLFAN thanks for actually responding to my thread. and please anyone who has pics please post them. or the web site i really want to know what it looks like.

• Banned User

It's a cool ride. One of those where you can go on several times and see things you didn't notice before...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Maybe somebody nice will give a good explanation / description of the ride ? ? ? ?

Yea if somone could please describe the ride like a walkthrough if would be greatly appreciated

http://www.20kride.com/home.html

Go to this link. You'll find it all there.......

Actually, it just occured to me that maybe you're talking about the Tokyo attraction and not the WDW one. If that's the case, that site might not help.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem
    Yea if somone could please describe the ride like a walkthrough if would be greatly appreciated
    The link above is for WDW's now defunt version.... But I will *attempt* to describe...

The basic premise of TDS' 20K is.. you board the 6 passenger vehicle, and you are submerged into "water" in one of TDS' most unique tricks ever. You are in this underwater world that looks like a cemerety of ships...as we sail pass schools of fish and other sealife. We see sunken treasures and other ships that have gone under. Yet this is a very eerie world of swaying kelp and moving sealife... Then we run into the giant squid. It attempts to grab our vehicle, but we scare him off with volts of electric current (a great enveloping electric-like effect much better enjoyed when seated in the front of the vehicle but somewhat visible from the side vehicles). Once we scare away the giant squid we end up deeper in what appears to be the ruins of a loss but beautiful underwater city. We can appreciate works of arts and unique aquatic architecture. Everything is still and it appears we are alone, but...we aren't. As we go deeper into this loss city, we realize we are being observed by some creatures, whose heads pop up as if scared of us but then hide again as we get closer by. Finally we run into what appears to be the ruler of this city and an army of aquatic creatures that attemp to overtake or destroy our vehicle. (I call it a jar-jar attact! :o ) We can even see them latch on to our vessel as if they were attacking us!!! (Note this particular attack can only be seen via film that show on the set as if it was our shadow against the backdrop of a wall. If you are not looking far out into the backside of the sets, you will miss this part of the show and won't get to appreciate the sense of urgency on the scene) Finally, in order to escape the attack, our vessel tries again to zap off these sea creatures with electricity. We even see some of their faces appear close to the window as if looking in as the strobes go off. This effect combined with a most effective use of the soundtrack music, gave me a bit of a "scare jump" the first time I rode it. Everything outside goes pitch black and you hear sounds as if you were being pulled out of the water, then you realize you are arriving again at the dock where your trip started.

That is about as much as I can say about this ride. As explained before...there is so much beauty and animation on these sets, it would be impossible to describe scene by scene. I have ridden 20K already about 25 times and I still find things I never noticed before on every ride I have taken. The ride gives you a feeling of riding on a different track every time you ride, but it is the same one and only track. The sets are that good. The fact that you can get so much out of a ride in terms of eye candy, is a testament to the lovingly way in which it was designed and built. However, for us westeners...the downfall is the narration, which is entirely in japanese. I am sure that if we could understand the narration, 20K would be evenmore enjoyable. Also, I forgot to mention there is an element of interactivity that was added to the ride during the last refurbishing. There are two times during the ride when guests can operate the lamps outside the ride vehicle, giving you the oportunity of looking at certain aspects of the sets in better light conditions... however, the idea is to engage guests in a sort of underwater hunt during the ride. Really cool idea!

Hope this description helps.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I went on 20k and thought it was "nice" and obvious a dry for wet ride. Kind of a big dud with no ending, no wow. To me, the queue was better than the actual experience.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Thank You for the description TDLFAN it sounds like such a cool ride.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BackIntoYourSystem
    Thank You for the description TDLFAN it sounds like such a cool ride.
    Yeah, but I asked for someone NICE to provide a description not TDLFAN !

j/k :devil: and

Thanks for the idea CaliforniaAdventurer i really apreciate it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast