Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What the heck is this?

Quote Originally Posted by PATMAGIC View Post
    Well I was trying to prove a point, it's hardly that bad and it's not like disney theme parks do not have things in view maybe they should not. TDL has cranes, DLP and WDS has cranes in view and so really what's so special about this hideous building. These things happen and to be honest I don't see what is so terrible about it.
    Well at least those cranes will be gone sooner or later. This hotel is here to stay for a long time. And like I said above, this hotel sticks out because it's just plain ugly. If it were one of the Official Hotels, I don't think I would make such a big fuss. And I believe the Sheraton is visible from one part of DisneySea, but it blends in much better than that hideous building. The worst part is the sign on top of the building, along with the glaring advertisement.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Please remember that I wrote the Google Maps photo is an old one. The spa and TDS parking structure are not yet pictured. Here is a more recent photo via MSN Local:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...ir=0&alt=-1000

You can see the start of construction of the TDS parking structure (opened late last year) and for the spa building.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Please remember that I wrote the Google Maps photo is an old one. The spa and TDS parking structure are not yet pictured. Here is a more recent photo via MSN Local:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v...ir=0&alt=-1000

You can see the start of construction of the TDS parking structure (opened late last year) and for the spa building.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    Thanks Joe.

• Directly directed

Can't you make a complaint to Disney? Didn't walt want you to so emersed in his world that you didn't notice the outside world?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Can't you make a complaint to Disney? Didn't walt want you to so emersed in his world that you didn't notice the outside world?
    And yet, the freeway was clearly visible from Walt's Disneyland for many years until the trees grew tall enough to conceal things.

Goodness, people. Please give them some at least six months to rectify the situations (trees don't grow on, uh... Trees.) before you go to Guest Relations and start thumping The Book of Walt.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    And yet, the freeway was clearly visible from Walt's Disneyland for many years until the trees grew tall enough to conceal things.

Goodness, people. Please give them some at least six months to rectify the situations (trees don't grow on, uh... Trees.) before you go to Guest Relations and start thumping The Book of Walt.
    I suppose that hotel won't be so bad when you're actually at the park. And Joe, I took a look at the new map you gave me and the footprint for that new hotel looks a bit small. Unless I'm looking at the wrong construction site. It is the one in front of the white building, and the new parking structure is that huge plot of land beside that hotel?

• Vehicle rotating backward

It could be that the building is obscured in most situations but from where the DeepDisney guy was standing and looking the top of it just appeared.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    It could be that the building is obscured in most situations but from where the DeepDisney guy was standing and looking the top of it just appeared.
    He specified that it was taken from the Ponte Vecchio bridge.

• Sea Creature

I think it will be just fine. It's distant and on some days it will be so hazy you can't see it at all. Plus, trees are growing. I'm not too concerned.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    I think it will be just fine. It's distant and on some days it will be so hazy you can't see it at all. Plus, trees are growing. I'm not too concerned.

I guess I should reserve my judgement until I see it in person then.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    You should be concerned. There are hardly any trees in between the new Spa and TDS. In fact, part of the reason why the building is so visible is because there is nothing more than parking lot space in between the line of sight.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You should be concerned. There are hardly any trees in between the new Spa and TDS. In fact, part of the reason why the building is so visible is because there is nothing more than parking lot space in between the line of sight.
    Glad someone agrees with me. However, they are doing the right thing by planting tall trees in the park. Up until a few days ago, trees along that pathway were non-existant! We'll see whether or not these trees help in a few months.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Well I was trying to prove a point, it's hardly that bad and it's not like disney theme parks do not have things in view maybe they should not. TDL has cranes, DLP and WDS has cranes in view and so really what's so special about this hideous building. These things happen and to be honest I don't see what is so terrible about it.
    Couldn't agree with you more PATMAGIC,its a whole load of crying over nothing.

• is satisfactual.

Would you people get a life. There are far worse things than the visibility of a hotel from a theme park.

• official corn dog taster

Oh dear poor pathetic tokyo disneysea has got a rubbish looking building in view for what about one area of the park. Honestly so what, does it honestly matter. That's like saying oh my god the cranes for the new hotel are visible from inside TDL, oh wait you got annoyed by that too.
    that really was not very nice

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast