Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Blog Entries

Re: What the heck is this?

Couldn't agree with you more PATMAGIC,its a whole load of crying over nothing.
    Um, it does ruin the immersion of the theme park when something that attrocious just pops up out of nowhere. Where were all you people saying how stupid this complaint is when most of the disney message boards erupted in outrage when they found out that a non disney hotel would be slightly visible from Epcot a few months back.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by audibleatom View Post
    that really was not very nice
    I agree. It almost sounds like a personal attack.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion FOREVER!

Hmmm. That's one ugly looking Spa... "Post Modern Industrial Functionalism" is just not
    what I think of when I want to relax...

And that huge sign for Tempura? What in the world is that company thinking?

OLC should really take a hint and develop an realistic Imagineered on-sen!!
    (and drive this thing out of business).
    Last edited by nish221; 12-13-2006 at 10:05 AM. Reason: edit: the sign for Tempura isn't neon

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Um, it does ruin the immersion of the theme park when something that attrocious just pops up out of nowhere. Where were all you people saying how stupid this complaint is when most of the disney message boards erupted in outrage when they found out that a non disney hotel would be slightly visible from Epcot a few months back.
    Well thats news to me,however like before I really don't care.I knew about the Spa building as I noticed it back in Sept and never mention it because to me its not the end of the world.As for where I was probarely out having a life which some people around here need to do.

• Minion

I wonder if that new hotel will qualify as a Partner Hotel since it's basically within walking distance to Tokyo DisneySea and the monorail station.

I guess this is way WDW has so much room.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I wonder if that new hotel will qualify as a Partner Hotel since it's basically within walking distance to Tokyo DisneySea and the monorail station.
    Nope, there are two other hotels (MyStays & Dream Gate) closer to the Parks and Monorail than that one. Neither are Partner hotels. However, the new "Tokyo Bay Maihama Hotel" will be TDR Official Hotel. It is scheduled to open in March 2007.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    I guess this is way WDW has so much room.
    Too bad Eisner forgot that when he destroyed the view of the west side of World Showcase when HE chose to build the Swan/Dolphin complex behind EPCOT's France and UK pavillions. And we'll see how TL's view will be ruined by the very tall Contemporary DVC Tower now in the works. At least the original A-frame building was there as a show backup piece.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Nope, there are two other hotels (MyStays & Dream Gate) closer to the Parks and Monorail than that one. Neither are Partner hotels. However, the new "Tokyo Bay Maihama Hotel" will be TDR Official Hotel. It is scheduled to open in March 2007.

JoeInJpn
    Why would the OLC let them build a hotel on their property when they knew it would be visible from inside Tokyo DisneySea, or did that piece of land not belong to them; and therefore was unable to do anything about the construction?

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. But where was it written that the new spa's and hotels were built on OLC's property? While OLC is the biggest force in the neighborhood, they don't own the whole city of Urayasu.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• Minion

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. But where was it written that the new spa's and hotels were built on OLC's property? While OLC is the biggest force in the neighborhood, they don't own the whole city of Urayasu.

JoeInJpn
    My mistake; I was under the impression that the new hotel was on TDR property.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    My mistake; I was under the impression that the new hotel was on TDR property.
    No probs. There is a very fine line between public city limits and "OLC/TDR" property. For example, have you ever noticed the "donation seekers" in front of Maihama Station? They never step foot past a certain point towards "Bon Voyage" or "Ikspiari". You can tell the boundaries by the way the flooring changes. Those people can do all they want within the public area in front of the station, but can't do it on OLC turf.

There is also a sign near there that asks guests to not wait overnight for any events. If you read the wording, it says "please refrain." It is just a request from OLC/Disney, and not abiding by law. As far as the city of Urayasu is concerned, anyone can stay overnight within the public city limits.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• Minion

No probs. There is a very fine line between public city limits and "OLC/TDR" property. For example, have you ever noticed the "donation seekers" in front of Maihama Station? They never step foot past a certain point towards "Bon Voyage" or "Ikspiari". You can tell the boundaries by the way the flooring changes. Those people can do all they want within the public area in front of the station, but can't do it on OLC turf.

There is also a sign near there that asks guests to not wait overnight for any events. If you read the wording, it says "please refrain." It is just a request from OLC/Disney, and not abiding by law. As far as the city of Urayasu is concerned, anyone can stay overnight within the public city limits.

JoeInJpn
    Very interesting. I had heard rumors that one could stay overnight in public areas; I can imagine people doing it to save money instead of booking a hotel room. Now that I think about it, I remember hearing about people sleeping in public areas in preparation for the New Year Countdown Event. But those people looked like they were sleeping near Ikspiari.

• California Golden Bear

Even if this hotel was not built on OLC property they could still have put up a fight over it. In Anahiem none of the land surounding Walt's original Disneyland is owned by Disney but they have very sucessfully prevented the construction of any buildings which would be visable from inside the park.

• Sock Puppet

One nice thing about the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is that it will block a really lousy view of Urayasu from the front of Disneyland and the Resort Liner station.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast