Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What the heck is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Mr. Lincoln View Post
    One nice thing about the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is that it will block a really lousy view of Urayasu from the front of Disneyland and the Resort Liner station.
    But won't that view still be seen by guests staying on that particular side of the hotel? But I do agree that it frames the Tokyo Disneyland Station pretty well and will be a much nicer sight than the city (though it wasn't much of a problem before).
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Sock Puppet

You can bet that the rooms at the back of the hotel with the crappy view of Urayasu will cost at least a hundred bucks a night less than those in the front of the hotel with a view of Tokyo Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Mr. Lincoln View Post
    You can bet that the rooms at the back of the hotel with the crappy view of Urayasu will cost at least a hundred bucks a night less than those in the front of the hotel with a view of Tokyo Disneyland.
    Those rooms will be good for people who want to enjoy the luxury of a Disney Hotel but also want to save money. The view of a hotel room significantly affects the rate; just look at the Hotel MiraCosta. The rooms on the Porto Paradiso Side cost over $100/night more than the ones on both the Venice or Tuscany Side. But I'm one of those people who likes to splurge, and I'd take the premium view over saving a few hundred dollars any day.

• Sock Puppet

Uh, yeah, that's what I said.

• Minion

I know. I was just elaborating.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    The view of a hotel room significantly affects the rate; just look at the Hotel MiraCosta. The rooms on the Porto Paradiso Side cost over $100/night more than the ones on both the Venice or Tuscany Side.
    So, views really are important.

Perhaps, PATMAGIC, pussnboots, and Malin are the kind of people that rent the cheaper rooms.

I would be more disturbed by this building if it was visible from inside Disneyland, which is intended to be another world in every respect, but Disney Sea's borders with the Outside World have always been a little less defined. Of course, I still don't like the fact that this view exists, though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    So, views really are important.

Perhaps, PATMAGIC, pussnboots, and Malin are the kind of people that rent the cheaper rooms.

I would be more disturbed by this building if it was visible from inside Disneyland, which is intended to be another world in every respect, but Disney Sea's borders with the Outside World have always been a little less defined. Of course, I still don't like the fact that this view exists, though.
    Sorry, but which view are you talking about? The picture of the building I posted, or the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel?

The Spa building is the one to which I'm referring. The fact that it is visible from within Disney Sea is bad, but being able to see it from Disneyland would be even worse.

Hopefully, Disney Sea will be able to control the view better soon.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Hmm...

It looks very Mediterranean, especially with all the people with umbrellas and bundled up like it's about to snow!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hmm...

It looks very Mediterranean, especially with all the people with umbrellas and bundled up like it's about to snow!
    Speaking of snow, the white stuff fell at the Parks last January.
    http://www.jtcent.com/resort/mscsno.html

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    The Spa building is the one to which I'm referring. The fact that it is visible from within Disney Sea is bad, but being able to see it from Disneyland would be even worse.

Hopefully, Disney Sea will be able to control the view better soon.
    In my opinion Tokyo DisneySea is the crown jewel of all the Disney parks. The single best example of the talent of Walt Disney Imagineering and over 20 years of design work. It's a masterpiece of design, a park you can enjoy without even going on a single attraction. It's that beautifal.

So in respect of the life's work of all those artists, any outside 'disturbances' that threaten the intended total immersion effect are of concern to me. I certainly 'have a life', but this isn't any stupid theme park. It's much, much more.

Also of concern... they need to make that area on the big steamship that used to be off-limits (aka... only for the old "Sail Away" cast prep) off-limits again. It's TERRIBLE show to be able to see the generators/bolts/theming holes from the backside angle of the ship. (Not to mention the illusion of the entire park being on a forced perspective with the water level and bay DESTROYED by the access road being clearly visable)

I mean sheesh, this would be no big deal except that this park is so detail-obsessed that the backstage building areas are just as detailed, themed, and lavish as their onstage counterparts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    Also of concern... they need to make that area on the big steamship that used to be off-limits (aka... only for the old "Sail Away" cast prep) off-limits again. It's TERRIBLE show to be able to see the generators/bolts/theming holes from the backside angle of the ship. (Not to mention the illusion of the entire park being on a forced perspective with the water level and bay DESTROYED by the access road being clearly visable)
    I agree. I was never a big fan of being able to see the S.S. Columbia from the monorail either but what can they do? Have the monorail go through a tunnel when it gets to the border of Tokyo DisneySea?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I agree. I was never a big fan of being able to see the S.S. Columbia from the monorail either but what can they do? Have the monorail go through a tunnel when it gets to the border of Tokyo DisneySea?
    That's been my idea all along. As the monorail leaves BaySide Station, it descends into a tunnel that is actually an aquarium holding thousands of fish and other sealife. It would seem like you're going underwater. Inside, the aquarium tunnel has 5-6 sections showcasing the sea life of Japan and the world OR the various ports of call from TDS. At the end of the tunnel, the monorail emerges out to the area just past the Columbia.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    That's been my idea all along. As the monorail leaves BaySide Station, it descends into a tunnel that is actually an aquarium holding thousands of fish and other sealife. It would seem like you're going underwater. Inside, the aquarium tunnel has 5-6 sections showcasing the sea life of Japan and the world OR the various ports of call from TDS. At the end of the tunnel, the monorail emerges out to the area just past the Columbia.

JoeInJpn
    Brilliant! The monorail could in fact be considered an attraction if this addition were to come to life and could even justify the small fee you pay for the monorail tickets. It would make the monorail ride so much better.

I suggested in the Disneyland forum that its new monorail trains incorporate liquid-crystal windows that can be made opaque electronically. In that way, the views of backstage and Harbor Boulevard could be controlled better.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast