Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

What the heck is this?

I was just looking around Deep Disney like I usually do when something caught my attention. Why the heck is there a hotel popping out of the skyline? It is VERY visible from inside Tokyo DisneySea and at first I thought I was imagining it. I don't remember any word of a hotel being built aside from the Tokyo Bay Maihama Hotel, and I have no idea if this is it or not. It looks absolutely atrocious and destroys the beautiful immersion you get from walking around Mediterranean Harbor. You can tell I'm not too happy about this.

~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: What the heck is this?

As you can see, there's trees growing but they just haven't gotten tall enough yet.

Of course, everything will eventually have it's flaws visible if you stare long enough and TDS is not the perfect fantasy everyone here seems to think it is. It's pretty, but I think the large fandom for it here is driven largely by the poor quality of the recent US and Paris parks more than actual perceived quality in Tokyo. Seeing the steamship bolted down to the cement backstage from the monorail is far more treasonous than that hotel.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    As you can see, there's trees growing but they just haven't gotten tall enough yet.

Of course, everything will eventually have it's flaws visible if you stare long enough and TDS is not the perfect fantasy everyone here seems to think it is. It's pretty, but I think the large fandom for it here is driven largely by the poor quality of the recent US and Paris parks more than actual perceived quality in Tokyo. Seeing the steamship bolted down to the cement backstage from the monorail is far more treasonous than that hotel.
    I'm having trouble figuring how exactly what that building is. If I remember correctly, the new Maihama hotel is located with the other Official Hotels, not near Tokyo DisneySea's backstage areas.

My guess:

(look at the arrow)

Close up view:

• Minion

I did some researching and discovered that it is indeed a spa. I wonder if it belongs to one of the partner hotels located in Shin-Urayasu. Very strange and I also found out that they plan to put some kind of a neon sign on top of the hotel. Imagine how distracting that would be; it just looks so tacky.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thats nothing new I spotted it back in Sept.However took one look and carried on with my day as I just don't care enough about it.

It's a new complex called "Hotel & Spa Maihama Eurasia". It opened to the east of the new TDS parking structure a few months ago.

Japanese homepage & map: http://www.my-spa.jp/page/access.html

It would be in the center of this satellite view (old photo on Google Maps):
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=16...19913&t=k&om=1

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    Last edited by JoeInJpn; 12-09-2006 at 07:17 AM.

Ah, industrial architecture. The building is brand new but it looks at least 10 years old already.

• Minion

It does look quite old for a building that's only a few months old. I wonder if it's separated into three wings like the image shows on satellite, or if the facilities are all located in that one big building. I wonder if that hotel is visible from the Electric Railway in American Waterfront.

Joe, when did the new parking structure for TDS open and is it located in that green, grassy area behind the original parking structure for TDS?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Simple solution... don't look at it.

• DLRP Mental

Oh dear poor pathetic tokyo disneysea has got a rubbish looking building in view for what about one area of the park. Honestly so what, does it honestly matter. That's like saying oh my god the cranes for the new hotel are visible from inside TDL, oh wait you got annoyed by that too.

• Minion

I wonder why I didn't see this building when I visited in July. And PATMAGIC, I don't appreciate the sarcasm. Everyone will have different opinions and you should respect mine.

Lets just hope that the trees grow up big enough to cover that trashy looking mess.

• DLRP Mental

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I wonder why I didn't see this building when I visited in July. And PATMAGIC, I don't appreciate the sarcasm. Everyone will have different opinions and you should respect mine.
    Well I was trying to prove a point, it's hardly that bad and it's not like disney theme parks do not have things in view maybe they should not. TDL has cranes, DLP and WDS has cranes in view and so really what's so special about this hideous building. These things happen and to be honest I don't see what is so terrible about it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319 View Post
    Lets just hope that the trees grow up big enough to cover that trashy looking mess.
    I agree. I wouldn't have minded so much if it didn't look so tarnished and worn-down. It looks like one of those buildings located in those rural areas in Asia, although the picture on the website seems to say differently. I wonder if it's just the lightning that makes the building appear "ugly".

Deep Disney says that the trees were planted a few days ago; they must have noticed that the hotel was very visible from inside the park. I wonder how long it would take the trees to grow so that they conceal the hotel completely.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast