Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Tokyo Disney Sea 5th Celebrations:The Hangover!

So come May 2007 Tokyo Disney Sea's 5th Anniversary Celebrations will officially be finished.And this leads me to my question of what will the park do next.Obviously Mythica isn't going any where but what about the smaller scale production shows like Over the Waves,Big Band Beat and Meet & Smile.I think Big Band Beat has a good chance of remaining now that the Snow Queen Musical has been dropped but don't have confidence in either staying pass May 2007.Also how will TDS attract guest to the park when TDL will be hosting its popular events like Halloween.Anyone know of any plans or care to speculate as to whats going to happen after May 31 2007.Also do you think its likely we'll finally get the night time version of Legend to Mythica?

• Banned User

Re: Tokyo Disney Sea 5th Celebrations:The Hangover!

Hey I posted this same subject at another forum and Leemac who's a major part of that fantastic publication LaughingPlace Magazine wrote back with some very interesting news.Once the 5th celebrations are through with none of the shows at TDS will be changing due to there not being a budget available.Aparently after TDS 5th all the focas is going to be on TDL 25th Anniversary.

So question is now how is TDS going to compete with TDL 25th where the new Monsters Inc attraction and hotel will be opening plus replacements for both Disney Dreams on Parade and Dreamlights will be coming.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Hey I posted this same subject at another forum and Leemac who's a major part of that fantastic publication LaughingPlace Magazine wrote back with some very interesting news.Once the 5th celebrations are through with none of the shows at TDS will be changing due to there not being a budget available.Aparently after TDS 5th all the focas is going to be on TDL 25th Anniversary.

So question is now how is TDS going to compete with TDL 25th where the new Monsters Inc attraction and hotel will be opening plus replacements for both Disney Dreams on Parade and Dreamlights will be coming.
    It seems that no matter what TDS does, it's always falling behind. This year was supposed to be a grand celebration for TDS due to the 5th Anniversary celebration. There were a myriad of new shows AND a new E-ticket attraction, both heavily promoted. Yet it's still not drawing in as many guests as expected. If the same celebration was hosted at TDL instead, you can bet that a lot more guests would show up.

I bet that if the 25th Anniversary celebration was hosted at TDS instead, more guests would STILL visit TDL. It's not about the events it seems; instead they go to the park of their preference. It's just coincidence that TDL happens to be the one hosting all these special events. You can move all the shows and events to TDS, and it still won't be more popular.

Analysis: TDL is and always will be the more popular park. TDS simply cannot compete with a Magic Kingdom stlye park, regardless of how good it is.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Analysis: TDL is and always will be the more popular park. TDS simply cannot compete with a Magic Kingdom stlye park, regardless of how good it is.
    Same could be stated about DCA.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

I wasn't trying to compare TDS to TDL here as I realise TDS will never match its attendance,what Im getting at is that TDS attendance seems to drop of year after year and this 2006 hasn't been the huge suscess OLC were hoping for.Now with nothing new being added in the near future and TDL about to celebrate its big 25th Anniversary whats to stop TDS attendance falling to new depths.

• time to go

Now with nothing new being added in the near future and TDL about to celebrate its big 25th Anniversary whats to stop TDS attendance falling to new depths.
    Same could be stated for DCA and DL's 50th.

It's like a Disney Parallel Universe™!

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Vehicle rotating backward

TDL has more big rides. TDS is a ton of elaborate facades, a smattering of B/C-tickets and a couple Ds otherwise hiding the three big E-rides (Journey, Indy, and ToT.)

It may also be that TDL feels like an American vacation while TDS is the very identity of an international park.

• Banned User

How quick to offer an opinion about a park you havenever set foot on and probably never will. And if you did, your 'chickeness' will never allow you to even enjoy some of it's offerings which are more E-ticket caliber than some of the most popular rides we have at the other parks... like space mt for example, or even Everest... but you would not know that since you also chickened out of that one and never rode it.

• Minion

I wasn't trying to compare TDS to TDL here as I realise TDS will never match its attendance,what Im getting at is that TDS attendance seems to drop of year after year and this 2006 hasn't been the huge suscess OLC were hoping for.Now with nothing new being added in the near future and TDL about to celebrate its big 25th Anniversary whats to stop TDS attendance falling to new depths.
    Wasn't it stated that attendance increased this fiscal year? I believe Tokyo DisneySea has kept above the 12 million mark for every year since its opening. I don't think it will go down any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLfan
    (attacks)
    I did go and I haven't written anything about it yet because my motherboard got fried around Thanksgiving. And if you must know, I did go on ToT once (enough for a lifetime thank you) and to Journey twice. Journey is probably my most favorite ride anywhere for the combination of dark ride theatrics with an accelerated big drop at the end. I like it more than Splash and I certainly like it more than Indy and ToT.

StormRider is "only" a D-ride IMO, and the same would almost certainly be true for Sinbad if it was open (it wasn't.) I didn't ride Raging Spirits, but I don't think I could even give it D-ticket status since it looked like a slice of Knott's Berry Farm had been planted.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    TDL has more big rides. TDS is a ton of elaborate facades, a smattering of B/C-tickets and a couple Ds otherwise hiding the three big E-rides (Journey, Indy, and ToT.)

It may also be that TDL feels like an American vacation while TDS is the very identity of an international park.
    While Tokyo Disneyland has more rides, I didn't enjoy it more than Tokyo DisneySea. In fact, it was quite the opposite. I prefer the rich atmosphere and immersion of Tokyo DisneySea over Tokyo Disneyland. I didn't go to Tokyo just for another Disneyland; I have one within a few hours' drive.

Atmosphere and theming are far more important to me than attractions. And also, my favorite attractions are at Tokyo DisneySea. I only go to Tokyo Disneyland for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Tokyo DisneySea has excellent E-ticket attractions AND phenomenal theming and details. I would rather take atmosphere and attractions instead of just attractions. However, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority about this.

• Minion

I did go and I haven't written anything about it yet because my motherboard got fried around Thanksgiving. And if you must know, I did go on ToT once (enough for a lifetime thank you) and to Journey twice. Journey is probably my most favorite ride anywhere for the combination of dark ride theatrics with an accelerated big drop at the end. I like it more than Splash and I certainly like it more than Indy and ToT.

StormRider is "only" a D-ride IMO, and the same would almost certainly be true for Sinbad if it was open (it wasn't.) I didn't ride Raging Spirits, but I don't think I could even give it D-ticket status since it looked like a slice of Knott's Berry Farm had been planted.
    Journey to the Center of the Earth is my favorite theme park attraction too for the same reasons. Like I said above, my favorite attractions are in Tokyo DisneySea.

Interesting that you feel StormRider and Sindbad aren't E-tickets. If Star Tours and it's a small world can be considered E-tickets, they should too. They have all the qualities of an E-ticket, regardless of if it's of your preference. I have no doubt that after the extensive refurb, Sindbad will become a bonafide E-ticket. StormRider has a storyline, a preshow, and incredible special effects. Example of D-tickets are the PeopleMover, or the Disneyland Railroad. StormRider and Sindbad are definitely above that classification of attractions.

• Banned User

Then if you did go, you have not got as clue what a Disney park is supposed to be about: THEMING. Of which TDS delivers TONS with rides and shows that are way above the quality we are getting in the USA now a days...and that includes Raging Spirits, which is certainly a notch above your precious Primeval Spit at DAK.

Maybe you need to go back and really pay attention.

I didn't go to Tokyo just for another Disneyland; I have one within a few hours' drive.
    But see, I think that's the difference between you and the majority (Japanese natives) who are there. For them this pretty much is their Disneyland within a few hours' drive, and it's well-rounded with a lot of D&E rides for all ages. Pooh is easily an E-ride. At TDS, I don't think all five year olds are open to ToT or Raging Spirits or even Indy (which at DLUS is considered one notch below the mountains as a thrill ride) and the Mermaid area are mostly simple attractions themed up to B/C status. Aquatopia is cute, though, and the fort is an awesome playground.

• Banned User

Aquatopia is the worst ride ever designed by Disney. And you liked it? Say no more. You don't seem to understand the ideas of what a Disney park should be like.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast