Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

New Tokyo Disney Sea DVD coming soon

So on May 31 2007 Tokyo Disney Seas will be debuting a new DVD highlighting all the events of the 5th Anniversary of Tokyo Disney Seas.The DVD will last 35 mins and will show of the following ...

1. Prologue

2. Tokyo DisneySea Memories

3. Meet&Smile

4. Over the Waves

5. Tower of Terror

6. Big Band Beat

7. Special Programs

8. Harborside Christmas

9. The Legend of Mythica

10. Tokyo DisneySea Spring Carnival Preview

11. Epilogue

It will be out to buy at both the park and online through Amazon's Japan site.

Blog Entries

Re: New Tokyo Disney Sea DVD coming soon

Will their be an English version of this DVD and would it be available in the US at all?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Highly doubt it as a market for this sort of stuff just doesn't apeal to many people outside of Japan.Unless your a Disney fanatic like most of the people on MiceChat seem to be.However if its similar to other Tokyo DVD's the languege barrier won't be a problem as the main purpose is too show off all the new show offerings for the 5th with clips.

Can't wait.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Will their be an English version of this DVD and would it be available in the US at all?
    No TDR dvd or video has ever been sold commercially outside Japan, except for those fans like us who are interested in the subject matter and may make an extra copy available on EBay or something.. This new DVD won't be any different, and won't be available in region 1 either, so it won't play in your US standards dvd players.
    Now of course... this is when it pays to be nice to TDLFAN, since I can make some wishes come true. But ...n'ah.

• Still lost in Neverland

Japan DVD's are the same coding as the US so they play just fine on US machines. Same with the video tapes. Only Europe and France have incompatible video systems that will not play in the U.S. I have several of the Tokyo DVD's now and they play just fine.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Japan DVD's are the same coding as the US so they play just fine on US machines. Same with the video tapes. Only Europe and France have incompatible video systems that will not play in the U.S. I have several of the Tokyo DVD's now and they play just fine.
    Then you must have a NON-region dvd player, because Japanese dvs are region 2 and DO NOT play in the USA since the USA releases dvd formats in region 1 only. Trust me on that. I have them all dvds from Japan and do not pay in my region 1 dvd player.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Then you must have a NON-region dvd player, because Japanese dvs are region 2 and DO NOT play in the USA since the USA releases dvd formats in region 1 only. Trust me on that. I have them all dvds from Japan and do not pay in my region 1 dvd player.
    And if you don't trust him, I can confirm what he said because my friend tried to play some imported anime DVDs on a region 1 DVD player with no success.

I don't know why my reply to this was removed from the thread, but I do think that I must have some VHS tapes then instead of DVD's as they do play on US machines. I am not home right now so I can't look, but I am sure TDLFan is correct and I do trust him. My Bad.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

For the life of me, I don't understand why Disney doesn't crank out a few of these for the U.S. market. Don't they WANT to publicize their non-US parks? I've been looking for books, brochures and DVD's of these parks but can't find them anywhere! The ONLY resource I've seen has been the internet. If I want to go to WDW, I can get a TON of material, but I've BEEN there! It just seems to be good sense to make these materials available for U.S. consumers who are dreaming about making a trip there someday.

I have always thought the same thing. I thought the big deal was that all the Parks where now considered "Disney Theme Parks" yadda yadda, but these three Parks outside the US get very little attention from the Main Office it seems. A casual mention here and there, a reference to a Castle now and then. They get a little attention during the TV shows that spotlight the Parks, but you have to hunt all over for the videos form these three non US Parks. I guess it just because Disney doesn't own them outright but leases the stuff to France, Japan and Hong Kong for a percentage. They make a big deal when a new foreign soil Park opens, then a little bit of news trickles down the pipeline every so often.

I would lover to see Disney Shopping, or even the American Parks stock these DVD's as well. What, do they think if we buy a DVD on Tokyo Disneyland Resort we are going to stop going to Disneyland? Or is it because the foreign Parks just look better than ours? It's a puzzlement.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Sock Puppet

The Walt Disney Company doesn't own the parks outside the US, and so they really don't want to steer you in that direction, Only a small number of Americans go to Disneyland Paris, or Westerners go to Tokyo Disneyland or Hong Kong Disneyland. The Walt Disney Company would much rather that you go to the parks in the US where they make 100% of the money.

• Banned User

CORRECT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I would lover to see Disney Shopping, or even the American Parks stock these DVD's as well. What, do they think if we buy a DVD on Tokyo Disneyland Resort we are going to stop going to Disneyland? Or is it because the foreign Parks just look better than ours? It's a puzzlement.
    CORRECT AGAIN!!! ..to a degree. The international parks look better than ours.. in ORLANDO! DLR in CA is actually as good, if not better than the international parks in some ways.. Each international park and DLR excel in one way or another... but I honestly cannot find anything at WDW that is better than the other resorts worldwide, except for having some unique experiences at EC, MGM and DAK.. but the MK park simply rots when compared to the DL parks internationally and in Anaheim.

• Creative Director

If you want the DVDs and CDs, you just got to order them online and pay the price (it's not cheap). But hey, at least you can order them- THANK GOD for the internet.
    And for the DVDs, either get a region 2 or region free (though my region free is "iffy" at times and doesn't like to play my TDR dvds), or get a program for the MAC or Windows that will let you make copies and that will "rip" off the region in the process.
    It's actually pretty easy.

• Sock Puppet

You can buy a Region Free DVD player for as little as $30 or $40 these days. There is no reason not to have one!

• Banned User

Where do you find such bargains???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast