Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation TDLFAN's Xmas photos from TDR

Well... it took a little while but I finally got to put up the photos I took while on vacation at TDR earlier in November, alongside my G-Fan.
    Not much new to add to what has already been said here...
    TDL went a bit below expectations in regards to this year's holiday offerings. No new castle xmas show which to me is sacrilegious. Instead, we got a small affair but lovely Castle Lighting ceremony. The parade was probably the longest Xmas parade ever presented at TDL, but it was also short on surprises... No show mode, only a handful of new floats, but plenty of wonderful costuming that would sink the budget at other Disney parks hand down. The parade had a WDW feel with a similarly styled medley of xmas songs... however, the parade loop was newly recorded and featured different styles for every float in the show. A cd of that new xmas music is avail for sale. Most interesting is the hawaiian take on xmas tunes during the Stitch and Lilo float. Of course.. while recycling the regular floats of the daytime parade for the xmas procession has never been done before at TDL (to the best of my recollection), the re-dressing of the floats for xmas was effective and well done for the most part. Yet, I would have preferred a totally new parade with new music in it as has been the case in many years past.
    Also on this photo album... you get to enjoy some few of my favorite moments from regular shows..One man's dream 2, Minnie O Minnie, Mickey Mouse Revue. You also get to take the Happiest Cruise that ever sailed, all decked out for Xmas. Finally... hardly any other park does Xmas decor better than TDL (even though DLP and DL are gaining on TDL's turf), and here is photographic proof that the icing on the cake can be found around TDL's hub, with wonderful photo areas, ranging from Dumbo to Peter Pan, to Beauty and the Beast..
    Finally... Dreamlights. A lovely new Xmas overlay and slightly altered floats transform the nightly parade into an electric Xmas this year. Again, the work on the floats was not overly elaborate but effective enough to give something new to the regular guests.
    All in all... It was a slightly subdued but still wonderful Christmas event at TDL, and the merchandise did not disappoint me.
    Over at TDS... G-Fan and I got to enjoy the super-fabulous xmas version of Big Band Beat, but due to strict photographic prohibitions inside the Broadway Theater, I was not able to capture images for you. But let me tell you... it is here where the TDR Rockettes from TDL's greatly missed Xmas Castle show do their thing this year... alongside Mickey and Minnie wearing their finest holiday attires...all capped off with an indoor snowshower over the audience. This Xmas version of BBB rocked! (as does the regular show) and is NOT to be missed if you go there.
    We also got to enjoy the xmas version of "Over the Waves"..a show that I still feel lacks when compared to previous efforts and one that needs some improvements. The Xmas version of the show was seamlessly added to the regular version and the flow is not lost at all. It redeems the show because the Xmas version does bring a little soul to this otherwise lackluster production. See some photos from this xmas version in the TDS album.
    Finally, G-Fan and I greatly enjoyed this year's version of Candlelight Reflections on Mediterranean Harbor. The characters are sporting colorful new outfits, as opposed to the all-gold colors used the last few years. The big barges on the show were redesigned to look like clusters of elegant chandeliers, with mirror balls to add to the sparkle as they move about the waters on the lagoon. There also appeared to be more pyro on this year's production. All in all.. a very simply, yet solemn and elegant presentation to cap the night off at TDS. Even better is the value that we guests get when they also play "BraviSEAmo!" at a special time in the early evening. Mediterranean Harbor, with it's lovely Xmas decorations, shops and eateries, and two different major lagoon shows (3 is you count the Christmas Fantasy in the Sky fireworks as well), make this area the "MUST BE AT" spot for the evening... You can't find that much value in entertainment and enjoyment in a single area at any other Disney park, with EPCOT's World Showcase being a close 2nd during the holidays, as you do here in Mediterranean Harbor in the evening hours of Xmas time. Check out the photos and get a feel for a it, I hope.
    During our 3rd day day, we had to endure a rainy day all day long, but gave us the chance to enjoy the Rainy Day Parade. The 4th day, G-Fan and I escaped into the city and visited some favorite spots.. Odayba, Venus Fort Mall, Shibuya (where one of the best Disney Stores is located at) and G-Fan had his yearly photo with Godzilla in Hibiya. I have included a few shots from that as well.
    Go to this link and then choose the album of your choice.. Note, I also have a new Legend of Mythica album on display, as these photos were taken from Lido Isle, probably the most popular spot to watch this show. There is so much eye candy and extravagance during Mythica to fill 3 disney parks, and the photos still miss a lot of the action during the show. An amazing "must see" production for anyone visiting TDS. In conclusion, my USJ xmas album is still up and so is HKDL's Halloween which will be taken down shortly to make room for HKDL Xmas and DLP Xmas albums before the end of the year. Hope you enjoy. here is the link!! Just choose the album you'd like to see.
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4334673

• Don't mess with the duck!

Re: TDLFAN's Xmas photos from TDR

Good golly, dems some greats shots! Course, I made the mistake of sharing these with my daughters (I had to, these pics are great), now they want to go. I told them one day, but for now, we'll have to enjoy (the cheaper to get to and much shorter flight) Disneyland in California.

Thanks for sharing.

• Vehicle rotating backward

"Even at TDL, people do not obey this simple rule." I guess I'm a Bad Guest, because I always see it as a way of selling overpriced items instead.

The Aladdin guy is a crack-up.

Characters get so much love at TDL that it's like being at the airport when the Beatles arrive or something. Those two CMs in front of them though look quite depressed contrasted with what's going on behind them, although I realize that it's partly the shadows and kind of a typical service worker pose.

I love love love the statues around the park. I thought that Dumbo in your bench picture wasn't a statue until I got really close to it. I was utterly shocked to see the return of the racial stereotype crows, though. My guess is that they don't sound like African-American southerners in the Japanese audio track, and so the backlash never happened.

LOL. Looks like they stepped out of a Hallmark shoebox card.

I saw the girls in candy cane gear and had naughty thoughts. I'm sorry, but I should really blame the costume designers and not my own perversions.

Princess Floats are beautiful. They always put the Princes out on display for these photoshoots, don't they? *nudge*

Toyland isn't as impressive. The rollerblade elves with vulcan ears is a bit too much, and Dumbo doesn't look right. They could have cut that section and have a perfect parade.

I'm guessing Buzz isn't normally a part of the Xmas parade and they're just doing it to promote BLAB? That part seemed short and less refined.

Dreammmmlliiiiightsss....

That mall is obscenely ripped from Caesars. Embarrassingly so. This explains clips of Japanese TV that I've seen before with women that appeared to be shopping at CP filled with Asian people. At first I thought it was because the Colosseum was hosting one of those Chinese superstar singers or something.

• World Traveler

Another wonderful day at the TDR! Where did you guys stay this time? Thanks for the wonderful pics!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Another wonderful day at the TDR! Where did you guys stay this time? Thanks for the wonderful pics!
    Where we always stay. Hotel Universe in Kayabacho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    LOL. Looks like they stepped out of a Hallmark shoebox card.
    I hated that particular costume too.
    My guess is that they don't sound like African-American southerners in the Japanese audio track, and so the backlash never happened.
    My guest is the japanese would not know what a southern black stereotype would be/sound/act like at all.
    I'm guessing Buzz isn't normally a part of the Xmas parade and they're just doing it to promote BLAB? That part seemed short and less refined.
    Toy Story characters have been a part of the Xmas parade before but in a different setting. You have to understand they took the regular floats of the daytime parade and overlaid them to Xmas, hence the lack of fluidity that parade has this year, and more reason why this section of the parade does not fit the theme. I would hope for TDL to go back to business as usual and give us brand new parades for their special events instead of rehashing what's there like WDW and DLP.
    Princess Floats are beautiful.
    Not as nice as the "Tournament of Roses"-like floats of the Princesses' parade "Bouquet of Love" which returns for the third season on Jan 17th, 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck
    we'll have to enjoy (the cheaper to get to and much shorter flight) Disneyland in California.
    Well.. DL is not exactly a bad park. In fact, I have high regards for DL as like it just as much as TDL for it's unique feel and better quality over WDW and DLP. Maybe that is why I have high hopes for HKDL since it's a knock off from the original mold.

• The Darkness to Light

Ah, my first post after you telling me that you've moved to this forum. I feel so fresh and pure and yet completely ignorant and stupid as most forum newbies.

Beautiful pictures, as usual. I'm surprised they kept the Stitch figure from the Big Panic event over at the Snow White Grotto. But, at least they made it seasonal to match the rest of the park decorations.

Got to say, those are some colorful costumes in the daytime parade. You can't tell they are a year old (or at least the elf ones. I remember seeing those during that stage show I think last year from the video of Mickey's Magical Christmas Tree.)! But at least they have a better Gingerbread man costume than what I've seen here in the states. Seriously, seeing that costume year after year is rather painful knowing that there's an alternative. *notices said Gingerbread Man Costume in the Candy Coral float* Spoke too soon...

And however they had playing the Beast in his human form is probably the best looking I've seen photographed so far.

When did Howie Mandell star performing in Minnie! Oh, Minnie! ?

The Dreamlight motion shots were cool, as well. It was kind of like the electric parade on speed. But given the situation, they are still some of the more colorful shots I've seen of any incarnation of the parade.

And I love the wide shot of the Castle after it's been lit up! It's a shame the state parks can't do that.

I have to agree with G-Fan. That Shiriki hat does look rediculous. Oh well, only in Japan, I guess.

Also, you're BraviSEAmo! pictures are probably the most vividly colorful ones I've seen from you to date! The color saturation is just right and everything looks just stunning!

And the shot of the tree after Candlelight Reflections, just as beautiful if not more so.

Can't wait to see how this site reacts to your WDW Quality Checks.

• Banned User

I have been here for quite a while already (maybe a year) and feel much more welcomed here than other sites. Thanks for coming over to check out my albums, and welcome to Micechat. Great looking guys in this site

Wonderful update and photos, TDLFAN!! It's interesting that they use the old and new reindeer costumes in the parade. An I love Cinderella's Winter dress The castle decorations are gorgeous but I still like the lights at DLP more. After returning from WDW a few days ago I am really disappointed that there is absolutely nothing on their castle, even the small garland they hung on the lower balcony for the Christmas day parade was temporary and put up for the few hours of the taping.

Can't wait to get to TDL one day!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

So what is different about Dreamlights for Xmas?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Wonderful update and photos, TDLFAN!! It's interesting that they use the old and new reindeer costumes in the parade!
    Actually, the old reindeer costumes are only being used during the Mickey Xmas greeting procession which comes out in the morning and it's done in less than a minute. The new reindeer head is only used during the big Xmas parade just ahead of the santa float. Neither the greeting or the actual parade feature both heads at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tloobg
    So what is different about Dreamlights for Xmas?
    The music has a christmas overlay to it and all floats have recieved extra christmas decor to enhance the show. Some characters wear holiday costumes as opposed to the regular ones.

Go here and scroll down to the daytime parade and dreamlights. Both section feature a short video of the parade if you click on the rounded box. You can also hear audio clips from the parades by clicking on the musical note on the box. Enjoy!!
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/x...dl/parade.html

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    My guest is the japanese would not know what a southern black stereotype would be/sound/act like at all.
    Yeah, I was trying too hard to be PC. Japan does have it's own 'black people' stereotypes, though, and that was what I was getting at. I've watched enough movies from there to know it.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Thanks TDL. So basically it is like the Hollywood Holly-Days/Jingle Jungle parade...just some decor and different music...
    ...but a bigger scale.

• Banned User

Much bigger scale... bigger than the regular parade at the MK or even SpectroMagic.

• Directly directed

So is there really a seperate parade for when it's raining? Your photos are amazing! I'd love to go one day, A good friend of mine was raised in Japan and she thinks TDL is better than our DLR as well. I'd like to see for myself!

• Membre

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast