Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Counting down to 2007

The DeepDisney website has posted up already video of the Countdown Parade for 2007.

http://www.toms-net.com/deepdisney/

• Sock Puppet

Re: Counting down to 2007

What are all those people doing lining up on blankets from the train station to the front gate?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Great Mr. Lincoln View Post
    What are all those people doing lining up on blankets from the train station to the front gate?
    That is what they do at TDL to be able to get into the park and catch a good spot for this Countdown parade event. Tokyo fans are very dedicated to the brand... just like Star Wars fans do when a new movie comes out... They know how to camp out for this!!! Check the first photos of my "construction around TDR topic" where I photographed signs advising people NOT to do this around Maihama Train station at TDR.

• Sock Puppet

I can't believe it! How long do they camp out for? A day, a week?

• Banned User

I can't find a link to this video on that site.

I have video up on my site now. Enjoy!

http://www.jtcent.com

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Shubisha

OMG! They used High School Musical for it this year?!? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

• The Darkness to Light

Wrote this on another site about Joe's video. Don't feel like typing a new responce to it, so here it is:
    I'm writing this as the video is going on, just so people can get more confused with the stream of concious comments of mine.

I think they changed something with the HSM opening. I'm not sure, but I believe they increased the bass and increased the tempo slightly. It feels and sounds more dancible than the original cut. I could be wrong, since it's been about 11 months since I last heard the song. But I am glad they cut out the Wildcat Cheer from the bridge and replaced it with the "The new year is coming in xx minutes!!" announcement.

Big Tink was a nice surprise. When did they add her to the parade cast in TDL?

And thank goodness they are not using the dance moves from the movie. That would be strange given the parade's speed through the route.

Huh, the Stitch floats had night lighting or was that added as well? It looks like it was added.

Speeking of floats, it's nice to see they are continuing their tradition of using all the floats from the past year (and them some) parades. It's one of those things that I like so much about Countdown parade, because each float triggers some kidn of memory of a fantastic show from earlier in the year.

But the inbetween floats featuring the stages kind of look thrown together.

Oh this is different. A show stop between floats. I don't think I've seen this before in any video involving any parade.

Wow, that's a big gap between Pleakly's float and the float before it. Is that normal? I was under the impression the floats were closer than that because of the fact the entire show mode spans the entire parade route.

Finally! An announcement change when they enter show mode instead of a key change!

Is that Madonna? Then they go into a techno version of "Hiegh Ho" and into the James Bond theme? Interesting choice in music. It's different than what they've done in the past from the videos I've seen.

As much as I like the laser work on the castle, I was looking forward to the complicated coriography of the parade cast. I think you stayed too long on the castle during the show mode, Joe.

Love the intro to "Auld Lang Syne." And the transition from the modern Jazz standard to R&B to the techno dance version was very smooth. Any chance we can get something similar here in the states? Probably not.

I also like how the song goes into the countdown just as smooth than the years before.

A shame the fireworks had to be cut. I'd like to see if they kept "Light up the Sky" this year.

They could have picked a better outro music to keep the energy up. Or at least remix "Celebrate With Us" to match the rest of the music. Their outro track sounds like a second show mode that was recorded but rejected for one reason or another. Kind of strange for a parade, to be honest, especially this one, as it offsets the energy from the build up to the countdown.

That's new to me. When did the big Adventureland float that Clara Cluck was on have fire in the torches?

WHOA!! Flashback! I'm surprised so many of the guests remember the Mickey Mouse March ParaPara! That's about six years old!! Shows just how loyal some of the Japanese guests are to TDL. I bet that kind of stuff doesn't happen state side.

Interesting. Marie on the Halloween float, but it's missing a car from the three-car train. And the Rainy Day Parade float is out as well with all four cars in its train. I wonder where the missing car went.

I don't think I've seen that car before that Minnie is in at the end. Is that new?

Overall, it started out good, but it ended rather badly. Even without the fireworks, the music they picked couldn't keep the energy up like last year's parade or the years before that even. And that worries me, seeing how TDL and OLC goes all out for this short event.

• Shubisha

I made a countdown 2007 loop cuz I'm dumb like that Obviously I don't have their added drumbeat or alternate crowd cheering noise but it goes through 2 loops then the closing

countdown.m4a

High School The Musical invades Japan. It begins. lol.

Maybe Tokyo's Tommorrowland will receive a High School The Musical Prep Rally as well.

• Shubisha

Not gonna happen probably. They've used random things before for their new years song. (i.e. tale spin's Oooo eee aaaa happy, ooo eee ooo new year!) :P

• Vehicle rotating backward

Actually, High School Musical wouldn't do bad in Japan, I'd think, so long as you made cultural changes in the way of uniforms, gender dynamics, etc. They generally seem to not dislike that "this relates to real life" comedrama stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Actually, High School Musical wouldn't do bad in Japan, I'd think, so long as you made cultural changes in the way of uniforms, gender dynamics, etc. They generally seem to not dislike that "this relates to real life" comedrama stuff.

Hight School Musical Has already been shown in Japan, but the Disney channel isn't in as many homes in Japan as in the US.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

[sings]Time goes by so slowly[/sings]....Gotta love the Madonna

• The Darkness to Light

So that WAS Madonna. Again, interesting choice of music this year.

And TDLFAN, do NOT bring back the Madonna Minnie picture back. It's already embossed into my mind.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast