•   

Talking Fast Passes & a few notes...

Hi from TDR!

We are having a great time! Went to HK first for Xmas and we are now in TDR.

All the parks have been great. TDR is so big and complete - more than pictures could have shown us or other's descriptions. Busy to say the least and lots of lines and walking. (It's been a little windy and cool the last couple of days; the water show at Disney Sea started and then about 2 minutes in was cancelled tonight due to wind conditions - :-( )

Anyways about Tower of Terror. It looks fantastic. However be aware, if you want a fast pass - Go early, get there quick to get one as they are gone by 10:30 or 11am for the whole day. Same goes for Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Journey to the Center of the Earth (This is a quick ride, not worth the 100 minute wait - Good if you have the time though). 20,000 Leagues - Go as a Single Rider and it is a quick line to motor through; I was on my own - Same for Raging Spirits and Indiana.

Good times everywhere, too bad we have to go home tomorrow.

FYI - The Hilton is a great spot to stay - Easy and great service.

Lots of different Popcorn flavors: Black Pepper, Caramel and Capaccino were our favorites. Buy a plastic container; like everyone there; and refill for 400Y (Full price is 1000Y and 260 for a cardboard box - not refillable.) Tower and Haunted Plastic boxes are the best value.

TDL fan - you are right about a lot of things - I wish I would have had more time to research the threads more before leaving.

WE WILL BE BACK! (To HK too, lots of room to expand)

Happy New Year!

Carl

(How does one get in the Club 33 here down the side street of Main Street USA? Also, has anyone ever found the embroidered letterman jackets here?)

BE EARLY FOR FAST PASSES!

• World Traveler

Re: Fast Passes & a few notes...

Glad to hear you're having a great time! I hope you'll post some photos when you get a chance!

I stayed at the Hilton too and it was nice!

• official corn dog taster

thats great that you are at TDL i am jelous i am not there again...enjoy the best park in the world TDS!!!!
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by la_canuck View Post
    TDR is so big and complete - more than pictures could have shown us or other's descriptions.
    Can you post post this statement on Laughingplace.com???

TDL fan - you are right about a lot of things - I wish I would have had more time to research the threads more before leaving.
    Would I lie to you or anyone else about TDR?? NO! When I say they are the best...I mean it!

BE EARLY FOR FAST PASSES!
    Best piece of advise you can give anyone about TDR and one I repeat over and over and over... Get there before the park opens and run for FP.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Best piece of advise you can give anyone about TDR and one I repeat over and over and over... Get there before the park opens and run for FP.
    Is this true only during the busy season? We're planning to be there on weekdays in April and were hoping for a rather more relaxed tour.

Queenie, if you're going in early April, it shouldn't be too crowded and you'll be able to enjoy the parks peacefully. School is back in session and the special events start from the second week. Even then, you won't necessarily have to show up before gates open. Good luck.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Pilot EdForceOne

just curious.. can you get FPs 'stacked' in TDR or do they have the same 2hr wait before you get get another (or of course once your time window on the first FP is hit)? Curious why you say run for FPs.. because couldn't you only get one to start?

• Banned User

I say "RUN" to get FPs because in the early hours of the morning... FPs to most popular rides will have a very very very long wait to get. TOT's FP line usually stretches as far back Cape Cod, and Hunny Hunt's line usually starts at around the Castle moat into Fantasyland. Would you like to wait for over an hour just to get a FP for a ride time late in the afternoon??? THAT is why you have to take advantage of FP as soon as you get into the park.. so the block out window doesn't get in the way of your enjoyment and using the service. This is not like WDW... you won't be able to just walk up and get a FP right away... at TDR in the morning hours, you will be in line for a very long time to get a FP... even more than an hour on busy days... and when that happens.. FPs to major rides will be gone by 11am.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Is there any reason why the FP lines are so long? Not enough machines? People can't operate them? Or literally is there 5 thousand people gunning for the same FP machines?

•   

Smile Re: Fast Passes & a few notes...

I think because it is so busy they just run out. The wait time for Tower was 210 to 280 Minutes - with fast passes already gone. They may just limit them. All rides run out of fast passes, even the not so popular ones, by lunch or just after.

Big Thunder was 180+ minutes.

LIKE TDLFAN SAYS, RUN AND GET A FAST PASS. The window is the same - 2 hours - get them when you can.

TDLfan: Did you want me to post the quote on that other site?

Carl

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by la_canuck View Post
    TDLfan: Did you want me to post the quote on that other site?

Carl
    If you want, but don't feel obligated.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    Is there any reason why the FP lines are so long? Not enough machines? People can't operate them? Or literally is there 5 thousand people gunning for the same FP machines
    Yes, there are 5,000++ guests gunning for FPs at the same attractions at the same time. Trust me... there are enough FP machines to accomodate the crunch. Furthermore... OLC staffs the FP machines with CMs who most times take your passport and insert them into the machines for you to expedite the procedure.. Still... the demand far exceed the supply. You won't visit any other Disney park as efficient as TDR, but the crowds are very educated and they *know* what do to before they get there because they read those informational tip books before showing at the park. The japanese can be very savy and knowledgeable about things and that is how they feel better equipped to deal with any situation that may arise at the park. Very robotic behavior patterns at TDR.

• Minion

Very interesting. I thought Journey to the Center of the Earth was the best attraction at Tokyo DisneySea and would gladly wait 100 minutes if there wasn't Fastpass available. I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's my favorite theme park attraction of all time!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

The only FP line we had to get to as soon as the park opened was ToT and we went to TDL the week after it opened. We NEVER had to queue more than four people for Hunny Hunt or JTTCOTE or anything else. We were there in the second week of September last year. We seemed to walk onto a lot of attractions, including Splash and Space.

I will agree that in general, the Japanese people seemed to 'work' the Fastpasses better than I've seen at the US parks, but then, we had our own plan so it only affected us for ToT.
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW