Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

Hey guys,

Thought I would start a new topic to celebrate me booking my first ever trip to TDL resort!

I am really looking forward to the trip becuase I am a huge Disney Theme park buff and I have heard so many great things about the resort. It's actually quite strange since I live in England and have been to Disney World twice, with my last trip being last May and with Disneyland Paris so near to me I have yet to visit there, but I do plan to this year since that resort is also improving!

ANYWAY I am going on the 26th of March and staying in the Okura Tokyo bay hotel which is located right next to the resort. I was planning to stay in the great looking Mirra Costa Hotel but I left it far to late and it was fully booked.

I also found out that there is a Shcool Holiday on when I am there but hey, to late to change it now. Just gonna stick out the crowds.

I am looking for trips from fellow English travelers who have been to TDLR and especially UK peeps. Also has anyone stayed at the Okura Tokyo bay, I already know it's a great hotel but whats it like! Also money, I read somewhere that TDLR only takes visa Debit/Credit Cards.

O knook forward to hearing from you all!

Can't wait!

• World Traveler

Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

Ooh ... Tokyo! You'll have a great time. We went a few years ago and had an awesome time. Don't forget to venture out to the city too.

Yeah we are heading out into the City too. I love everything Japanese, Im a huge Nintendo freak and love Anime! My friend who Im going with wants to see a Sumo show...should be fun!

Oh we are also heading down to Osaka at the end for a day at Universal!

Pete

• Loves Mickey!

You are going during a really lovely time of the year, hope you have a good time.

• Minion FOREVER!

Re:Money

Quote Originally Posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
    ...Also money, I read somewhere that TDLR only takes visa Debit/Credit Cards...
    I know that they take JCB as well. I'm reasonably sure that they take Visa. Not sure about
    mastercard or American Exchange. But usually most places take all of these.

Just checked. Their website just mentions that they take JCB and "other" major credit cards.
    No description of what constitutes "major."

• Banned User

"Others" mean Diner's Club, Visa, American Express, Master Card, CarteBlanche and some other credit cards. JCB only gets mentioned because they are one of the many resort sponsors and are contractually bound to name them exclusively in their printed advertisement.

Hi fellow Brit!

I will also be out in TDL from 3-7 April 2007. this is my first trip to Tokyo and i'm really excited. i hate to say this but i am staying at the Miracosta (boy is it expensive) but this is a once in a lifetime trip for me so i had to go for it.

Not sure what sort of info i can really give you as i haven't been yet, but i have been planning this trip for well over a year. i responded to someone asking questions on a thread over at wdwmagic.com rather than type out the same info i'll just post the link as i'm lazy.
    http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=111170

if you have any further questions that you think i can answer let me know.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by it398 View Post
    Hi fellow Brit!

I will also be out in TDL from 3-7 April 2007. this is my first trip to Tokyo and i'm really excited. i hate to say this but i am staying at the Miracosta (boy is it expensive) but this is a once in a lifetime trip for me so i had to go for it.
    If I may ask, what type of room did you book for the MiraCosta? Do you know what side you're on (Tuscany, Venice, or Porto Paradiso)? And if you are on the Porto Paradiso Side, which view did you request? Partial, Piazza, or Harbor? I ask this because it's always interesting to see what view people prefer. Personally, I've grown to the Porto Paradiso Side and will not book anything lesser now.

I'm returning to Tokyo this July and will make my reservation in a few days (the 6 month before date is almost here!). I'm planning to book a balcony room for 5 nights. They are the most expensive guest rooms next to the Speciale Suites, and the only non-Suite guest rooms to contain a balcony. And from the pictures, the balcony looks pretty large. There are 6 balcony rooms in total; they're all located right above the BellaVista Lounge and offer the most perfectly centered view of the harbor. It will be $660/night for the first 4 nights and $685/night for the last day because it's a Saturday (and considered a "top" period; even higher than the "peak period").
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I have heard from many people whose opinions I respect, that the Tokyp park is the most beautiful of all the parks. I hope to see it one day. And I hope you have a wonderful time!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    If I may ask, what type of room did you book for the MiraCosta? Do you know what side you're on (Tuscany, Venice, or Porto Paradiso)? And if you are on the Porto Paradiso Side, which view did you request? Partial, Piazza, or Harbor? I ask this because it's always interesting to see what view people prefer. Personally, I've grown to the Porto Paradiso Side and will not book anything lesser now.
    i tried to book a partial view room but unfortunately there were all booked after just 2 days!

instead i opted for a tuscany view room (i think) as it was the cheapest room. i decided to stay at the Miracosta in a cheaper room rather than at the Ambassador in a slightly more expensive room.

i'm getting really excited now, only 80 days to go. i'm even more excited beacuse i am also going to HongKong Disneyland after i visit Tokyo Disneyland. Thus completing my dream of visiting every Disney Park around the world.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I have heard from many people whose opinions I respect, that the Tokyp park is the most beautiful of all the parks. I hope to see it one day. And I hope you have a wonderful time!

--Barry
    That is true. Tokyo DisneySea is the most beautiful theme park in the world in my opinion. No other theme park even comes close to matching the grandeur and the extreme attention to detail.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by it398 View Post
    i tried to book a partial view room but unfortunately there were all booked after just 2 days!

instead i opted for a tuscany view room (i think) as it was the cheapest room. i decided to stay at the Miracosta in a cheaper room rather than at the Ambassador in a slightly more expensive room.
    That's a good choice. Not only will you get a far more elegant hotel, but even the Tuscany side rooms offer a view better than any of the guest rooms in the Ambassador in my opinion.

Hi it398,

So jealous that you got into the Mirra costa but I did leave it to late. Hope you have a great time there, it looks like a great hotel. I will have to stay there when I go back. I am in the resort tho so its cool.

Yes DisneySea is something I am really looking forward to since it looks and sounds so amazing. It has to be the best theme park in the world and I hope it lives up to the hype.

I do have a question about food. I see that Chop sticks are used allot in Japan when eating, does anyone know if there are forks aswell. I do plan on learning to use chop sticks before I go but would like to know so Im not forced to make a fool of myself if there are no forks lol!

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thought I would start a new topic to celebrate me booking my first ever trip to TDL resort!

I am really looking forward to the trip becuase I am a huge Disney Theme park buff and I have heard so many great things about the resort. It's actually quite strange since I live in England and have been to Disney World twice, with my last trip being last May and with Disneyland Paris so near to me I have yet to visit there, but I do plan to this year since that resort is also improving!

ANYWAY I am going on the 26th of March and staying in the Okura Tokyo bay hotel which is located right next to the resort. I was planning to stay in the great looking Mirra Costa Hotel but I left it far to late and it was fully booked.

I also found out that there is a Shcool Holiday on when I am there but hey, to late to change it now. Just gonna stick out the crowds.

I am looking for trips from fellow English travelers who have been to TDLR and especially UK peeps. Also has anyone stayed at the Okura Tokyo bay, I already know it's a great hotel but whats it like! Also money, I read somewhere that TDLR only takes visa Debit/Credit Cards.

O knook forward to hearing from you all!

Can't wait!
    I went back in Sept 05, and I had a blast... I was only there for the day, as I was staying in SHibuya, and I was in japan for the tokyo Game show. I went to TDS and it was awesome... the park is gorgeous, and immaculate. the food is really good, and the lines werent that bad... The only bad thing about that park was that ride Raging Spirits... It is so bumpy and hard that I got off with a stiff neck and a headache... Now that the Tower of Terror is open, you must hit that ride, I hear its amazing.

Yeah I hear raging spirits is not that great but the themeing is where the ride shines. I guess looking at it rather than riding can be just as entertaining.

It's a shame that OLC chose this ride instead of going for something new, it's basically same as the Disneyland Paris version which opened in 93 but not much themeing. But saying that, I have been told its one of the most popular rides in the park before TOT opened.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast