Flowers and Gardens at TDS

I just got back from TDS today. It was a very cold day but that didn't stop me from going to my favorite theme park. Today I was amazed at the number of flowers at the park, especially tulips! I posted a whole bunch of pics up on my blog. We don't have the flower and garden festival here but at least we have beautiful flowers and gardens all over the park!

http://tdresort.blogspot.com

Cheers!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: Flowers and Gardens at TDS

beautiful photos, thanks for sharing them!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Minion

Wow. Those flowers are so beautiful, I can just walk around all day looking at the gardens! Question though, does Tokyo Disneyland not have gardens as well? I would imagine that because of the wide pathways, there is little place for fanciful gardens like the ones at Tokyo DisneySea
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Senior Minion

Those are just gorgeous displays! The color really makes the area look very inviting as well.

My home park is Disneyland Anaheim, and I joked around with a fellow MiceChatter about the plants in Tomorrowland. If you're every hungry you can feed off them there, since they have cabbage and strawberries there.

• Banned User

This is the Otona page in the TDR official site. Scroll down to the box that says flowers and you will be able to view a page that explains the different flowers now in bloom at the park. The "Calendar" page offers great monthly downloads of TDS for your wallpapering pleasures... One catch: it's in japanese, but the photos will tell the story too.
    Click away now... click away.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/otona/otona_top.html

• Minion

Thanks for that link. I can now see that Tokyo Disneyland has beautiful displays of flowers as well. Wow, I never knew that they grew fruits such as pineapples and grapes inside the parks!

• Banned User

Grapes have been grown periodically in the gardens by the stairs as you walk from Mediterranean Harbor up to the Roman Ruins at TDS. Pineapple plants were recently used for the "Find Stitch" photo displays located in the hub gardens at TDL.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Grapes have been grown periodically in the gardens by the stairs as you walk from Mediterranean Harbor up to the Roman Ruins at TDS. Pineapple plants were recently used for the "Find Stitch" photo displays located in the hub gardens at TDL.
    Pineapple plants are also located on the path connecting Lost River Delta to Arabian Coast. I wonder if people have ever tried to sneak a grape or two into their mouth.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Pineapple plants are also located on the path connecting Lost River Delta to Arabian Coast. I wonder if people have ever tried to sneak a grape or two into their mouth.
    No. Those grapes are connected to sensors. When you pick and pull them off, sensors go off and within 1 minute, TDR Security CMs will show up and bow, take you to the backstage security office and beat you senseless, where you will immediately be sent to North Korea for hard labor work in some military facility, where you will rot in hell and never be heard from.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    No. Those grapes are connected to sensors. When you pick and pull them off, sensors go off and within 1 minute, TDR Security CMs will show up and bow, take you to the backstage security office and beat you senseless, where you will immediately be sent to North Korea for hard labor work in some military facility, where you will rot in hell and never be heard from.
    What if the culprit is nowhere to be found? It's not that hard to make a sudden getaway.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post
    I just got back from TDS today. It was a very cold day but that didn't stop me from going to my favorite theme park. Today I was amazed at the number of flowers at the park, especially tulips! I posted a whole bunch of pics up on my blog. We don't have the flower and garden festival here but at least we have beautiful flowers and gardens all over the park!

http://tdresort.blogspot.com

Cheers!
    Thanks for the photos. Nice show!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Thanks for all the comments. Tokyo Disneyland has beautiful gardens as well, but my friends and I think there are more "nature" in TDS. There are orange and lemon trees growing now in Mediterranean Harbor. Can't wait to go again next week!

• Down Under without Nemo..

Fantastic pics !! Thanks so much for sharing. I also love the Disneysea Dining pics in your blog !
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• ...TWO BITS!

You got lucky to have a sunny day. I went as well, but I had one day at TDS and it was raining.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park