Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Park

New Park

My question is not if a 3rd park will ever be built in Tokyo Disneyland but rather what do you think the theme would most likely be and what theme would you want it to be?

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• Banned User

Re: New Park

Tokyo DisneySky.

/\ For real or are you guessing or just messing with us?
    That would be very cool to see

• Banned User

I honestly do not know if I am for real, messing with you, or even guessing... but that has been mentioned before. I think it's merely wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I honestly do not know if I am for real, messing with you, or even guessing... but that has been mentioned before. I think it's merely wishful thinking.

I don't know if I like the DisneySky idea. I like the name but if that is the theme of the park what would it look like? The only thing I can think of is an airport and I don't think I would like that.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

A third Park was mentioned a while back, something about the Disney Rep from the Walt Disney Comp getting some kind of plans on the board but he has since left and headed back to DisneyLand Resort in Cal.

I really dont know. The Tokyo Resort is still growing at a very fast rate even today with yet another Disney Hotel and a cirque show building under construction.

Attendance is another factor. Here is a recent quote taken from screamscape "Putting an end to three years of declining attendance, attendance at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea rose 3.3% over last year to 12,044,000 during the six month period between April - September."

Tokyo's Second Gate, DisneySea is the most advanced second gate in the Disney Empire thanks to its construction budget which enabled it to open as a fully stocked theme park unlike Animal Kingdom (fourth gate) and WDS in Paris. So with that in mind another Park could be on the drawing board but where would you put it!? Reclaim more of the bay?

• official corn dog taster

tokyo disney shopping...oh wait thats all ready there
    OLM!!!
    There is no better park than TDS

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
    A third Park was mentioned a while back, something about the Disney Rep from the Walt Disney Comp getting some kind of plans on the board but he has since left and headed back to DisneyLand Resort in Cal.

I really dont know. The Tokyo Resort is still growing at a very fast rate even today with yet another Disney Hotel and a cirque show building under construction.

Attendance is another factor. Here is a recent quote taken from screamscape "Putting an end to three years of declining attendance, attendance at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea rose 3.3% over last year to 12,044,000 during the six month period between April - September."

Tokyo's Second Gate, DisneySea is the most advanced second gate in the Disney Empire thanks to its construction budget which enabled it to open as a fully stocked theme park unlike Animal Kingdom (fourth gate) and WDS in Paris. So with that in mind another Park could be on the drawing board but where would you put it!? Reclaim more of the bay?
    They already have more land as you go into the city, but at the same time as far as attendance, 3.3% up? Well they are still below what they were in the 2003. After the 20th anniversary attendance dropped...so are they ready for a third park? I don't think they need one.

Well attendance always spikes around special events. I dont think they need a new park but I know I would like to see one....would be amazing but since the last park took so long to get going we would not see it for around 7-10 years if it was announced.

Red Face Re: New Park

"Disney's Japanese Adventure!"

I say that we go for, "Disney's Muppet Adventure" for TDL Fan. He is a big Muppets fan. ; )

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I think they should cancel this idea and FIX Tomorrowland in Disneyland, Anaheim.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I think they should cancel this idea and FIX Tomorrowland in Disneyland, Anaheim.
    Ummm....why would the OLC want to fix Disneyland when it's not even owned by them? Shouldn't they be fixing their own Tomorrowland, which desparately needs an update.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Ummm....why would the OLC want to fix Disneyland when it's not even owned by them? Shouldn't they be fixing their own Tomorrowland, which desparately needs an update.
    Can I help it if I'm delirious today?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    I say that we go for, "Disney's Muppet Adventure" for TDL Fan. He is a big Muppets fan. ; )
    I am assuming you are being sarcastic, right. I dislike the muppets and feel Disney has no business owning them or placing them in a "disney" park. If OLC knows what's good for their resort, they will keep them away. Besides, USJ already has the Sesame Street franchise in place in Osaka. Muppets are way too similar to that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast