Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

What attractions would you like to see at Tokyo DisneySea within the next 10 years?

I'm sure we all agree that Tokyo DisneySea needs more attractions; there's not enough to keep a frequent visitor busy for the full day like at the neighbouring Tokyo Disneyland. I've been thinking up different concepts plus looking at maps on Google Earth and was thinking about the large parcel of land besides Lost River Delta in particular.

Since this piece of land would have to be themed to either Lost River Delta or Port Discovery, I decided to lend it to Port Discovery because of it's shortage on E-tickets. This led me to ponder about the possibilities that could fit in with Port Discovery's theme when it hit me. How about Discovery Mountain, the attraction that was planned originally for Disneyland Paris? It would most likely attract a lot of people over from Tokyo Disneyland given the popularity of the "Mountains" over there. The exterior would be an extravagant and have copper and bronze tints all over to give it a Jules Verne feel. It would be very similar to the Space Mountain show building in Paris but more detailed, and would included the huge cannon that launches you into Space. Now the storyline doesn't have to be about space per se, but about Discovery in general. I'm still a bit blurry on the details, so maybe someone can help me out here. The soundtrack could also be an updated version of the "De La Terre A La Lune" score that used to play before they degraded the original Space Mountain in Paris to Mission 2. I love that soundtrack and think it would fit in nicely with the new coaster. Looking at the maps, I can see that there's more than enough space there. In fact, they can easily fit 2 or 3 E-ticket attractions here if they felt like it.

Another attraction I would love to see at Tokyo DisneySea would be the much needed Aladdin attraction in Arabian Coast. Hopefully, this will convince guests to stay there. As it is now, the only draw is Sindbad and it's not very popular from what I've observed. One idea I came up is for a Cave of Wonders ride-through. You could ride on a magic carpet and whisk in and out, dodging various perils after a certain someone tries to plunder a jewel. Tokyo DisneySea is currently short on dark rides and this attraction would attract the guests who love Disney characters. Now you may be thinking that there's no space available at all in Arabian Coast, but I've an idea for that too. Have guests enter the attraction through a small show building (perhaps the cave entrance?) and take them underground to the actual ride. The actual show building could be located in the parking lot directly behind Lost River Delta or somewhere backstage, and would be similar to what Disneyland did with Indiana Jones Adventure when space was limited inside Adventureland. The queue would be very well themed and would depict you entering the Cave of Wonders. I don't feel like elaborating on everything, so just let your imagination run wild.

Many people have wanted to see a Little Mermaid attraction inside Mermaid Lagoon as the only E-ticket attraction there is the Mermaid Lagoon Theatre. Kayoss mentioned that much of the technology for that attraction is already used for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea right beside it, so I think it needs to use a different way of moving. Kayoss also mentioned that the storyline for the attraction (as seen in the video) is already used in the Mermaid Lagoon Theatre, so that also needs to be changed. Personally, I would love to see them use a version of Pooh's Hunny Hunt vehicles. They could be themed to clams or shells and move via GPS technology! As for the storyline, I'm sure the Imagineers could come up with something new and exciting!

Returning to the plot of land adjacent to Lost River Delta and Port Discovery, I think another E-ticket (in addition to Discovery Mountain) can be an innovative water ride (perhaps a log flume?) for Lost River Delta. Instead of being too realistic, it could add a touch of fantasy or Disney characters. The concept would be completely new to a Disney park, and it would include state of the art effects that would put all other water rides to shame. I'm still not too sure about the storyline, but it could be themed to a jungle expedition with Mickey or some other character as your guide. It would feature numerous AA's as you progress through different show scenes. The ride would be almost all indoors. You may ask how a jungle expedition is possible indoors. This can be done by having a raised and darkened ceiling (complete with moving clouds like at Pirates of the Caribbean) to make it feel spacious but intimate at the same time. The sets would be illuminated of course. In a way, this would be a mix of the Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. The ride would be slightly more intense than Splash Mountain; it would feature faster currents to simulate rapids and would end with a mammoth drop that is conveniently themed as a waterfall. It would fit in with the surroundings in Lost River Delta.

Lastly, there have been rumors of a Soarin' type attraction being built somewhere along Mediterranean Harbor since it is the only port without an E-ticket attraction. The ride would be themed to exploration and discovery to follow in the park's theme. The vehicles would resemble Da Vinci's flying machine, and you would soar and fly over Old Europe. It would be very well themed however, unlike Soarin' at Epcot or California Adventure. The film would also feature smooth transitions instead of a jarring cut to the next slide. It would flow much better and feel more like a complete attraction, complete with an understandable storyline.

So what do you guys think? Do these attractions sound good, or are they just out of the question? Would they help in making Tokyo DisneySea just as popular as Tokyo Disneyland, and keep guests entertained for multiple days? Personally, I would die for just one of these attractions. Hopefully, the Imagineers have something similar in mind for Tokyo DisneySea's future as it has astonishing potential. It may very well be the best theme park in the world one day; it's certainly close now in my opinion!
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 01-20-2007 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Typo
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Re: What attractions would you like to see at Tokyo DisneySea within the next 10 year

"Keystone Cops and Robbers" at American Waterfront
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Re: What attractions would you like to see at Tokyo DisneySea within the next 10 year

Imagine that instead of Soarin' they could have guest Sailin'. I know it sounds strange, but what WDI did with Soarin' and the whole hanglider cocnept, could they not try it with a boat or water craft. Guests surrounded by the screen in the device that moves (side to side) as they come upon the greatest harbors in the world or great oceanic marvels. Examples: sailing into harbors of New York, Hong Kong, Sydney, cruising down the Thames or Seines, Exploring the Artic, Rafting down the Amazon or Colorado River, the Nile, on an outrigger in Hawaii, Waterfalls, huge waves, the scents of the ocean, mist, and etc. Then just as Soarin' ends, it comes to an ending scene of a Disney park, in this case, with the help of some added effects, it would appear that the boat sails into Tokyo Harbor and then right into Tokyo Disney Sea. With all the water and exploring themes, it would fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Lastly, there have been rumors of a Soarin' type attraction being built somewhere along Mediterranean Harbor since it is the only port without an E-ticket attraction. The ride would be themed to exploration and discovery to follow in the park's theme. The vehicles would resemble Da Vinci's flying machine, and you would soar and fly over Old Europe. It would be very well themed however, unlike Soarin' at Epcot or California Adventure. The film would also feature smooth transitions instead of a jarring cut to the next slide. It would flow much better and feel more like a complete attraction, complete with an understandable storyline.
    I like this idea. Already I could imagine the queue filled with the models of inventions and recreations of his works. I agree that the transitions of Soarin' leave much to be desired. But the flying machine that you describe, is it his flying man or heliocopter type invention? If it was the heliocopter maybe they could make the entire theater surrond the vehicle (like Circle Vision, but in this case much better)

EDIT:
    I thought of this idea in the afternoon, and it would have to be near the da Vinci-Soarin idea. Either a flying swing version of the flying man or a large turntable that rise into the air with arms with vehicles of the flying man where people lay down
    Last edited by pancakesaregood; 01-21-2007 at 08:07 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Since this piece of land would have to be themed to either Lost River Delta or Port Discovery,
    That land could be a new port in a few years.

How about Discovery Mountain, the attraction that was planned originally for Disneyland Paris?
    Too close to everything in Mysterious Island (why have Jules Verne stuff in two ports?) Besides if you have one Space Mtn why have two?

I would love to see them use a version of Pooh's Hunny Hunt vehicles. They could be themed to clams or shells and move via GPS technology! As for the storyline, I'm sure the Imagineers could come up with something new and exciting!
    Good luck...Mermaid Lagoon (the way it is sandwhiched in) doesn't have space for much...let alone a huge dark ride like Hunny Hunt. But again...Hunny Hunt is right next door...why do you need another one?

The concept would be completely new to a Disney park, and it would include state of the art effects that would put all other water rides to shame.
    Like?

I'm still not too sure about the storyline, but it could be themed to a jungle expedition with Mickey or some other character as your guide.
    Yuk. You have the beautiful realism of LRD and you want to add Mickey?

Lastly, there have been rumors of a Soarin' type attraction being built somewhere along Mediterranean Harbor since it is the only port without an E-ticket attraction.
    Now that idea works.

Joe...I agree. Keystone Cops & Robbers.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    That land could be a new port in a few years.
    I don't know if I want to see a new port or not. While it would be very nice, it would require a lot of change in certain places. The murals in the MiraCosta would probably have to be changed (unless the new port is about discovery?), as well as several other maps of DisneySea inside the hotel too. Plus, I like the idea of the 7 ports symbolizing the 7 seas.

Too close to everything in Mysterious Island (why have Jules Verne stuff in two ports?) Besides if you have one Space Mtn why have two?
    It doesn't have to be themed to space at all. And I was just giving a suggestion on the exterior. It doesn't have to be Jules Verne themed; it could just blend into Port Discovery by having the same color tone and architecture. The track wouldn't be anything like Space Mountain next door. It would be longer, have a thrilling launch, feature inversions, and have several large drops (from 30-80 feet). It would sort of be like California Screamin' but indoors and themed.

Good luck...Mermaid Lagoon (the way it is sandwhiched in) doesn't have space for much...let alone a huge dark ride like Hunny Hunt. But again...Hunny Hunt is right next door...why do you need another one?
    Again, maybe they can use Indy's method. Have the queue tunnel underground into a seperate show building. I didn't say it had to be like Pooh's Hunny Hunt; the only thing in common would be their ride vehicles. There will also be elements not found in Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and the ride will be a fresh experience. I guess DisneySea don't really need an attraction of this scale, but it would definitely help bring in guests. Pooh's Hunny Hunt certainly did for Tokyo Disneyland.

Yuk. You have the beautiful realism of LRD and you want to add Mickey?
    You're right. The characters don't belong in Lost River Delta. Forget I ever mentioned them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood View Post
    Imagine that instead of Soarin' they could have guest Sailin'. I know it sounds strange, but what WDI did with Soarin' and the whole hanglider cocnept, could they not try it with a boat or water craft. Guests surrounded by the screen in the device that moves (side to side) as they come upon the greatest harbors in the world or great oceanic marvels. Examples: sailing into harbors of New York, Hong Kong, Sydney, cruising down the Thames or Seines, Exploring the Artic, Rafting down the Amazon or Colorado River, the Nile, on an outrigger in Hawaii, Waterfalls, huge waves, the scents of the ocean, mist, and etc. Then just as Soarin' ends, it comes to an ending scene of a Disney park, in this case, with the help of some added effects, it would appear that the boat sails into Tokyo Harbor and then right into Tokyo Disney Sea. With all the water and exploring themes, it would fit in.
    Excellent idea! I would love to see an attraction like this somewhere at Tokyo DisneySea. The only problem I see is the storyline. Since most of DisneySea's ports are set in the 1900's-1930's, you'll probably have to remove all the modern images and feature slides that show the world as it existed in the Golden Age of Exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood View Post
    I like this idea. Already I could imagine the queue filled with the models of inventions and recreations of his works. I agree that the transitions of Soarin' leave much to be desired. But the flying machine that you describe, is it his flying man or heliocopter type invention? If it was the heliocopter maybe they could make the entire theater surrond the vehicle (like Circle Vision, but in this case much better)
    I like this idea too. Soarin' is my favorite attraction at Epcot or California Adventure, and I would love to see something on a bigger scale over at DisneySea. Regarding the flying machine, I guess both version would work wouldn't they?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Again, maybe they can use Indy's method. Have the queue tunnel underground into a seperate show building.
    I guess my question is still...where? http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...04989&t=k&om=1

• Minion

I guess my question is still...where? http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...04989&t=k&om=1
    The parking lot behind Lost River Delta? It could be an especially long queue.

look

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV_vPHKpcHU"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/MV_vPHKpcHU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV_vPHKpcHU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

nice theming..

• Minion

Oh yes, Lotteworld. It's notorious for trying to mimic Disneyland (they even have a castle of similar design) just like Nara Dreamland. As hard as they try, it's just nowhere close to being as good as the Disney parks. I do agree that the theming is quite good for a park that wasn't built by Disney or Universal.

• Iron-Clad Allie

How fun it would be if a spinning Crush coater / dark ride were to be built along with an aquarium that would house a version of Orlando's The Seas w/ Nemo and Friends.

Your point of departure could be located on one side of the river, allowing you to travel thru a tunnel beneath the water (much like DLP's Big Thunder. Then, on the other side, the track would send you hurling thru dry for wet imagery, and outside...in much the same manner as Test track.

The ride wouldn't end there, by any means. For the big finally, your car would travel thru underwater tubing in aquarium. Afterward, you could choose to exit the ride near The seas, or travel back to back beneath the river.. We're talking one big marathon of excitement and adventure.

Also, I'd like to see Disney place a waterpark directly inside DisneySea. Why does their seem to be a rule that all waterparks have to be placed at a distance from their theme park components...somewhere in Cuccamonga?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Post Re: What attractions would you like to see at Tokyo DisneySea within the next 10 year

I have been thinking about what should go in that empty piece of land in Tokyo DinseySea. These are what I think are good possibilities.

Port Fantasy- a quant seaside European village with many dark rides. And
    a large seaside castle sitting on the watter would serve as
    Port Fantasy's icon.

Beastly Kingdom or Beastly Isle- A lost island of mythical creatures.

Atlantis- The lost city of Atlantis.

And I know I had more ideas but I can't remember them right now.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TBAAFAN View Post

Atlantis- The lost city of Atlantis.
    I'd like to see a waterpark themed to Atlantis (not necessarily the film). Among the traditional rides, I envision elaborate dark rides that incorporate a raft, and/or log flume, and/or water coasters.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-22-2007 at 06:23 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Atlantis would be a great idea for DisneySea. I know the film is considered to be one of the weakest in recent years but the concept of a Atlantis themed ride or land is great. I would love to see how Disney would tackle a subject matter that Sea World has created a ride on.

I also think Discovery mountain is a great idea since Raging Spirits is one of the most popular rides in the Park and its a coaster. Could be a massive draw.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
    Atlantis would be a great idea for DisneySea. I know the film is considered to be one of the weakest in recent years but the concept of a Atlantis themed ride or land is great. I would love to see how Disney would tackle a subject matter that Sea World has created a ride on.
    I think the current 20K ride prettymuch covers the Atlantis theme, albeit not related to the weak Disney film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast