• Minion

Hotel MiraCosta- Speciale Rooms and Suites

Has anybody ever stayed in one of the Speciale Rooms or Suites inside the MiraCosta before?

I recently upgraded from a Superior Room (Harbor View) to a Harbor Room (Harbor View). It is larger, at 646 square feet as opposed to the normal 400-430 square feet. I get two expansive windows to look out of and my own living room. It is the only type of room in the "Speciale Rooms and Suites" category able to accomodate 3 adults. The rest only contain one double size bed, or two twin size beds. I can't wait to check-in at the concierge lounge, Salone dell' Amico! I'm looking forward to the extremely pampered luxury, plus the free cocktails and breakfast too.

As you can see, my hotel reservations are all over the place. I have a total of 3 different rooms in total but luckily, I was able to get Harbor View rooms for the full 5 nights.

July 17-18: Harbor Room (Harbor View) $920 per night
    July 18-20: Balcony Room (Harbor View) $650 per night
    July 20-22: Superior Room (Harbor View) $575/$600 per night
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Re: Hotel MiraCosta- Speciale Rooms and Suites

I originally wanted to book the Terrace Rooms but the room was too small to accomodate our group. Excluding the vast terrace, the actual room is only slightly bigger than a normal Superior Room (about 460 square feet). In fact, the Terrace Rooms are exactly the same size as the Triple Rooms. Plus, they were all out of Harbor View ones. The huge terrace does look very appealing and makes up for the smaller room. However, they still would not let me book it. They insisted that I must book two rooms because the maximum capacity is 2 adults; it must be hotel policy or something. Thus, I had no choice but to book the more expensive Harbor Rooms. $920 is better than $715 x 2.

• Minion

Did some digging around and found some interesting information about the composition of the guest rooms inside the MiraCosta.

Type of Room Room Size # of Rooms

Superior Rooms (37/40 m2) 434
    (398/430 sq ft)

Balcony Rooms (37/40 m2) 6
    (398/430 sq ft)

Triple Rooms (43 m2) 24
    (463 sq ft)

Terrace Rooms (43 m2 + an approx. 30 m2 terrace) 14
    (463 sq ft + an approx 322 sq ft terrace)

Harbor Rooms (60 m2) 6
    (646 sq ft)

Porto Paradiso Suite (81/83 m2) 4
    (872/893 sq ft)

MiraCosta Suite (87 m2) 8
    (936.5 sq ft)

Il Magnifico Suite (199 m2) 1
    (2142 sq ft)

• World Traveler

Can you post some pictures of your room (and more) when you get a chance? Thanks!

• Minion

Well I haven't actually taken any pictures yet. My trip is not for another 5 months, but I'll be sure to take lots of pictures when I get there. I rarely ever see pictures of the suites inside the MiraCosta online.

• Minion

Since I wasn't able to book a Terrace Room this time, I'll definitely book it the next time I go to Japan alone. Problem is, they're very hard to book. There are only 9 Terrace Rooms on the Porto Paradiso Side and 5 on the Venice Side. Looking at diagrams, I can see that there are only about 7 Harbor View ones and 2 Piazza View ones on the Porto Paradiso Side. I know that you are basically paying premium for the large terrace, but it is completely worth it in my opinion. Assuming I go during the same period in mid-July, the room rates would be $715/night for a Piazza View Terrace Room and $750/night for a Harbor View Terrace Room (I prefer the Porto Paradiso Side by far). I'll probably book one for only one or two nights considering how expensive they are. Hopefully, I'll have better luck next time. The rest of the Speciale Rooms are far too expensive for me. I mean, $1440, $2040, $4410/night for one of those Suites is just way out of my budget. I'm already pushing the limit by booking a Harbor View Harbor Room for even one night.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 02-05-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Added correct figures

• Sea Creature

Gee, how often are you sleeping with the boss? That will be a lot of fun. I've promised myself that I'll be able to splurge like that in the near future. Post LOTS of picture of that living room and the concierge lounge.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Gee, how often are you sleeping with the boss? That will be a lot of fun. I've promised myself that I'll be able to splurge like that in the near future. Post LOTS of picture of that living room and the concierge lounge.
    I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures, don't you worry.

• Minion

In the meantime, here's a picture of the concierge lounge and the Harbor Room taken from the official website:

Salone dell' Amico

Harbor Room

• Minion

Wow. I did some laborous searching and found some rare pictures of the Il Magnifico Suite. It is the best suite in the hotel and costs over $4120/night to stay in since it is the only "presidential" suite in the entire hotel. I sure wish I could stay in here one day; maybe if I save money by holding off on my Disney trips for a while?

• Banned User

Oh yes... it's so nice to see my former room at the Miracosta once again.