• Creative Director

Disney Princess Days 2007

Hi there,

Has anyone seen anything regarding this years Princess days? I hear there is a new parade and new greeting at the castle forecourt stage. I can't find any coverage of it on any of the japanese TDR fansites I go to, and there are lots.
    the cd comes out soon too.

Re: Disney Princess Days 2007

Hi there tcsnwhite,

Here are a couple of pictures I took this past week. I'll have more photos as well as video available on my site in a few days.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com

Greeting:

Minnie's Tiara of Dreams:
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Hi there,

Has anyone seen anything regarding this years Princess days? I hear there is a new parade and new greeting at the castle forecourt stage. I can't find any coverage of it on any of the japanese TDR fansites I go to, and there are lots.
    the cd comes out soon too.
    I paid a quick visit to TDL this past week.. I expected pretty much the same old thing at this year's Princess Days.. "Bouquet of Love" Parade and Cinderellabration.

SHOCK!!

Much to my surprise.... there is an ALL-NEW parade this year.. "Minnie's Tiara of Dreams", and a new small castle greeting show as well. This year.. Bianca and Clarice join the rank on "princess" during the parade... I was totally surprised and TDL once again, exceeded my expectations... KUDOS for refreshing this event on it's 3rd year. Even Mickey joins the affair this year.
    I will have photos up soon.

• I am number 4 of 999

*whines*
    They have the BEST costumed characters!!! I am so jealous!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Hi there tcsnwhite,
    Greeting:

Minnie's Tiara of Dreams:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    *whines*
    They have the BEST costumed characters!!! I am so jealous!!!!
    They have the best *everything* my dear... costumes, parades, maintenance, 2nd gate, upscale hotel, CMs, cleanliness... the list goes on and on.. so be very very jealous.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    They have the best *everything* my dear... costumes, parades, maintenance, 2nd gate, upscale hotel, CMs, cleanliness... the list goes on and on.. so be very very jealous.
    Amen!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Creative Director

not only that, and money, but I think overall they really have got some of the best designers (costume, sets, tech, everything).

• Lost in Wonderland

I agree with you, but Tokyo sometimes has some strange tastes when it comes to costumes. The huge elf ears used in the Christmas parade are just... odd. And the dancing reindeer rope girls were... different. Or the girls with tu-tus that are present boxes... Sometimes they can be slightly on the silly side. But I'm guessing that's what the Japanese prefer. Although I do love the costumes in Legend of Mythica.

Disneyland (California) also has a wonderful costuming department-- they come up with some awesome costumes, and try to keep things refined. Think of the Parade of Dreams (Tinkerbell, Beauty & the Beast Plates, Feather Duster, Lion King animals, etc.) and their Christmas Parade (Ballerina, Christmas Ball Dancers, Elves, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    I agree with you, but Tokyo sometimes has some strange tastes when it comes to costumes. The huge elf ears used in the Christmas parade are just... odd. And the dancing reindeer rope girls were... different. Or the girls with tu-tus that are present boxes... Sometimes they can be slightly on the silly side. But I'm guessing that's what the Japanese prefer. Although I do love the costumes in Legend of Mythica.
    Christmas at TDL tends to be more on the fun/silly/playful/colorful/wacky side, especially the parade. Things get a little more traditional/classic/serious in the decorations, Castle show and at TDS.

I'll have to admit, I didn't like many of the non-major character costumes in DL's "Parade of Dreams." But, to each his/her own.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Creative Director

I think it is just a matter of taste too. I actually prefer much of Tokyo's costuming compared to any other Disney park. I don't know exactly why, but design wise I think they are great, and I feel that they think outside of the box a bit more (at least on a few things). At least they change things up every so often- their costuming budget must be huge!

I think DLR has a great costume team, and I would put it right up there with TDR.
    In the end, all the resorts have their strengths and weaknesses, hits and misses. Tokyo and Anaheim do miss the mark on a few things, but most of that is just also personal perception. I am not fan of the dancing silverware in POD, except the salt and pepper shakers. The Lion King animals I feel have been done before. I would have liked to see them push the design boundary a bit more.
    Honestly, I think Paris has my least favorite costume design team. Sorry Paris, we still love you...

oh, and about those tutu box present wrap girls in the christmas parade, those are some of my favorites!!! To me, it's a little more outside of the typical disney christmas norm. That's one thing about ACF that doesn't thrill me, the costumes feel sort of outdated and too standard.

Again, I am only critical because, one, I am a future designer myself, and two, in the end I really love all that the teams do dearly. so, it's really all good...=)

• Creative Director

oh, and I believe the Mythica costumes were designed from the outside. Steve brought in Lin Ford (spelling-?), supposedly someone he has always wanted to work with. They are phenomenal costumes, and push the boundaries just a bit. I like that.

• Banned User

Is it just me...or does everyone else see a NUN at first everytime we see Janet's avatar on tcsnwhite's posts???

• Creative Director

^HAHAHAHA...LOL!!! you know, now the more I look at it she does sort of have those nun colors going on- the black and white, and the way her hair is too it looks like the black viel they where. That's too funny. She was actually wearing this

Last edited by tcsnwhite; 02-02-2007 at 07:30 PM.