Help, Sheraton/Hilton?

Hi, I've managed to find these rates for Sheraton and Hilton Tokyo Bay:

Sheraton:
    14,000 yen standard room WITHOUT breakfast
    15,000 yen standard room WITHOUT breakfast. Free entrance (not that I really need) to public bath, gym, playhouse, video rentals pool.

Hilton:
    18,000 yen standard room WITH breakfast

From pictures it seems like Sheraton looks nicer but Hilton works out better if we need a huge brekkie.

I need to book 3 nights but can't decide between the two hotels. Which would you choose and why?

• Minion

Re: Help, Sheraton/Hilton?

I have only stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, so I cannot give feedback on the Sheraton. I will say this; both the Hilton and Sheraton are good choices during the offseason since they're both incredibly cheap. I visited during March and my room rate for the Hilton was 49,000 yen without breakfast; for that price, I could've gotten a 50,000 yen room at the MiraCosta! Back on topic, the Sheraton does have nicer rooms and is closer to the monorail station though. Personally, I don't each much breakfast so I would pick the Sheraton. An extra $30/night doesn't really affect me, but I would rather eat inside the parks or at one of the Disney Hotels.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• World Traveler

Definitely choose the less expensive one. You can grab a quick sandwich for breakfast in the hotel store and spend the money on a souvenir or food in the parks! I stayed at the Hilton and liked it, but the Sheraton was a bit nicer. Personally, I think the walk from the Sheraton to the Bayside station is a tiny bit longer, but noy really a big deal.

I don't think that breakfast is going to run you 4,000 Yen.

• Minion

For some reason, the Hilton Tokyo Bay is very popular among first time visitors. I hardly ever see people report staying at the Sheraton; it's almost always at the Hilton. I wonder why...the Sheraton is around the same price and nicer too.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    For some reason, the Hilton Tokyo Bay is very popular among first time visitors. I hardly ever see people report staying at the Sheraton; it's almost always at the Hilton. I wonder why...the Sheraton is around the same price and nicer too.
    When I went in 2003, the Sheraton was much more expensive. Interestingly enough, the prices that Nananana was quoted are less than what we paid back then.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    When I went in 2003, the Sheraton was much more expensive. Interestingly enough, the prices that Nananana was quoted are less than what we paid back then.
    Interesting. I also think it's due to a lot of recommendations from websites and people who've visited Tokyo numerous times. Everybody says the Hilton is the best value for your money; large, spacious rooms offering nice views of Tokyo Bay. If the Sheraton was more expensive back then, I can see why people on a budget would hesitate to choose it when the Hilton offers the same for a lesser price.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Anything that has the name "HILTON" (ie Paris Hilton) on it, I stay away from.

It's interesting to see everybody's views. I think overall Hilton is still slightly cheaper than Sheraton as I can see a 13,000yen room in Hilton though it seems to be booked up (saw it on the Japan site). To include breakfast, Sheraton's rate is $22,000. Surprisingly, to pay separately for breakfast, Sheraton, MiraCosta and Ambassador are all charging around 2,950 yen while Hilton is about 3,400 yen. Makes one wonder...

TDR Fan, yes I noticed almost all reviews are about Hilton and rarely Sheraton. Was wondering too...

Anyway, seems like the consensus is to go for Sheraton. I tend to like the idea too. Of course, the best idea is Miracosta but I don't have the extra moolah... It's been 10 years since I've last been to Tokyo Disneyland (yes, was 'land' then). Must be lots of changes, eh?

P/S: Disneyland Daddy, anything with 'Hilton' you'll stay away from? lol, yes you must be the cleanest Father! (you've got a cute babe there!)

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Anything that has the name "HILTON" (ie Paris Hilton) on it, I stay away from.
    So if you were to win a prize of staying three free nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, you wouldn't go? I think you would.

• Boat shoes all day long

Stay at the Hilton, it has to be better.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Banned User

I prefer the Sheraton. A bit closer to the TDR LIne Bayside station and a more modern looking hotel with excellent service and food options.