TDS: Club Disney 2007 Bayside Beat Returns

Hello folks, late last month Tokyo DisneySea hosted a "hard ticket" event Club Disney 2007 Bayside Beat Returns for three nights. This was the second year for the event at "Waterfront Park."

A number of the Park's stage venues were turned into night clubs with DJ's playing the latest tunes and character dance shows in other locations. The main stage featured two Japanese dance music artists, trf and Toho Kinshi, along with the regular cast of Disney characters dancing to disco classics.

Please enjoy photos and video from the show!
    http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/spec...cd7/index.html

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com

JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• The Darkness to Light

Re: TDS: Club Disney 2007 Bayside Beat Returns

Well, that opening number just gave me a clear indication that they won't get away with this kind of event very well in the states. The dance moves alone would cause some of the state-side dancers to pull a muscle, if not make some soccer mom blush with fear that Disney produced something with such modern pop dance moves as seen on MTV.
    Spoiler
    They say the s-word! That right there is an instant no-no for the state parks!

LOL but I digress.

I'm surprised at how packed the area was. Standing room only I take it? Sure looked like it when that 360 pan came up in the video. I was also surprised that they turned off the lightning effect on TOT during the event.

But, hey! At least it didn't rain like you were worried about!

It was interesting to see the real reason people actually attended the event once thier first special guest came out. Western influance at its best, I guess. Too bad Boy Bands are dead in the states, because what was displayed in your video shows just how good coriography can change your mass produced pop band into something worth watching, if only for a moment.

Too bad the second special guest didn't have such a nice reception coming on to the stage. Her voice is surprisingly haunting, but in a good way. Too bad the soundtrack for the first song she was singing didn't compliment that quality (or maybe it was the other way around). Not sure how I feel about that techno remix of "Reflections," but the dancers, again, during that part of the show move so much better than the ones state side in the parks! Heck, the move better than the street dancers downtown!

One thing bugged me. Why was there so much dead space in the middle of the show where they started playing Black Eye Peas and Janet Jackson? Nothing was going on for what felt like 10 minutes!

Re: TDS: Club Disney 2007 Bayside Beat Returns

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Spoiler
    They say the s-word! That right there is an instant no-no for the state parks!

One thing bugged me. Why was there so much dead space in the middle of the show where they started playing Black Eye Peas and Janet Jackson? Nothing was going on for what felt like 10 minutes!
    LOL! I also caught that during the show. I was like "huh, Disney really allowed them to use this song?"

The show was essentially in two parts with the middle 10min being a sort of an intermission. The DJ played music while the younger guests in the crowd (which were not seen in the video) danced away. The first part had music featured in the released soundtrack. The second part had a group of dancers performing to dance music and the finale with all the characters and featured artists returning to the stage.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!