Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Sci Fi Tommorowland?

So, people have probably already asked this, but is TL really getting the Sci Fi make over some person I know (don't ask) showed me some concept art for the plans. and it looks Hella Cool! He didn't tell me anything else, but I've herd of this many times, when is OLC gonna start with the plans?
    Concept Art:

• Minion

Re: Sci Fi Tommorowland?

Wow. That looks pretty cool. For some reason, that bottom picture reminds me of the mushroom forest scene in Journey to the Center of the Earth. I think that makeover would make Tomorrowland more appealing, but that's just my opinion.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

it does seem to match the Monsters inc Ride building...which currently sticks out like a soar thumb

• Banned User

wait, isnt this the concept designed when the other Tomorrowlands in America were getting new plans drawn up as well...

looks like a cross between Tomorrowland 2055 and the one WDW got..

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

One question I have.....Dosn't brown remind you of the past...and silver the future....and white the present??.....what is up with brown tomorrowlands?....I understand the DLP version....but if that what they wanted in the concept art also?

• Banned User

These design are significantly old, I'll admit that, like around 2003, 2005. btw Green represents the Future, not silver( I hate that aspcet of the future) :P

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

green......as in eco friendly?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
    green......as in eco friendly?
    Yes as in Eco Firendly! and rest assured, my dream of an eco Friendly Disneyland in New Zealand will come true! I'm determined as heck for that to happen. But all in all, I like these design concepts, its a mixture of all the TL concepts that makes sense, although I do have one complain. It's way too clutered.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

OMG an Eco friendly DL would be cool.....but you do remember the Agrafuture concept....not cool...lol

• Banned User

yuck, that agriculture concept was horrid, I'm more about using nature in design. I'm even designing my best friend's house inside a seqoua tree(all you need is treebarl eating fungus) with Victorian (my fav. time period and form of architecture) style towers and rooms. But thats getting off topic. this question is mainly for TDLFan, since he is the biggest fan. I wanna know if this'll happen.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

that sound AWSOME!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hilsbro_Mclemington_III View Post
    that sound AWSOME!!!
    Thanx, i'll post pics when I'm done(but right know, my goal is to outdesign WDI's SBC castle from DLP), but now its time for bed, night MCers and hopefully, I'll get an answer tommorow.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Night..

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I don't think just one set of colors can define futurism. The bronze and greens selected for Discovery Bay, Discoveryland, and Tomorrowland 98 has to do with the materiality of the theme. The desired look was one of avanced industrialism. Lots of mechanical devices that have the well worne sense of adventure and discovery.

White was used, I believe, a result of modernism. Concrete was a wonder material that could be cast to do almost anything desired. I think a lot of the conceptualization and thought about perfecting design found its way, and stayed, in concepts of the future.

To me, the new Tomorrowland, Hong Kong Disneyland and it looks like Sci-Fi City, are colorful as a reaction against the old future. Look at how curcy and light everything appears versus the weight and mass of Disneyland's Tomorrowland. We have plastics and newer means of construction. I think the colored iPods would be the best example.

It seems the brown in Sci-Fi City was more the environment. I'd guess that we weren't supposed to be on Earth. I need to do some digging, but I think i have some stuff on why Sci-Fi City has yet to see day.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I don't think just one set of colors can define futurism. The bronze and greens selected for Discovery Bay, Discoveryland, and Tomorrowland 98 has to do with the materiality of the theme. The desired look was one of avanced industrialism. Lots of mechanical devices that have the well worne sense of adventure and discovery.
    Don't forget Port Discovery. It reminds me very much of the old Discovery Bay concept art, especially the heavy usage of bronze and green in the color scheme like you mentioned. Like the current Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris, it's also themed to "a future that never was". What's interesting is that all the Jules Verne stuff (and more) from Discovery Bay was implemented in Mysterious Island, which isn't themed to the future at all.

~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast