Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort in the Rain!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    I've only seen the unmodified version of BraviSEAmo three times out of about 15. They will always say something along the lines of "this version was slightly modified to fit the current conditions....and blah blah blah" They will modify it even if there are the slightest winds, rain also modifies it a lot. Even when those slight winds blow a certain direction, cast members don't allow people to sit close to the harbor if the wind is blowing their direction. However, every time I've seen it, there has still been what I would classify as "a ton of pyro". The original just has a lot more than "a ton of pyro".
    Well I've watched videos of the original version countless times, and that seems to be the version I saw every night. I guess a slight drizzle doesn't affect the show. I can't remember if it was windy or not, but I think there was a slight breeze (which also didn't affect the show). Do you know how windy it would have to get for them to limit the pyro because Tokyo DisneySea is generally windy all year round due to its location beside Tokyo Bay. I've even seen very strong gales in the park from the videos on DeepDisney.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Koubu Pilot

So when it rains at TDR, does the water drain well? Or is there standing water everywhere?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    So when it rains at TDR, does the water drain well? Or is there standing water everywhere?
    It drains very well. There are drainage areas all around, and the CM's do a great job at keeping everything maintained during rainy weather. They even mop the floors and wipe the benches though they just get wet a few seconds later. Amazing isn't it?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Also, the parking areas have been getting repaved and graded so that rainwater drains better. There are still spots near Bayside Station that have puddles after rainfall.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Minion

I had asked in another post if April or June was better and advised that June was rainier. This thread makes me think the rain might not be a bad thing, so I think I'll take my chances as June works out better for me financially.

• Banned User

June is a hit or miss month.. Sometimes it rains one day and the next day is sunny, or you may have a nice morning and then continuous rain from 3pm until midnight. I personally do not like to be in the rain at TDR (or any Disney resort for that matter) simply because I believe TDR offers some of the best and most elaborate outdoor events (parades, shows etc) and rainy conditions simply pull the plug on these very enjoyable and unique extra offerings.. But that is just me, because part of TDR's uniqueness is those special events and parades, more so that the other Disney resorts.

I forgot to mention the one piece of street entertainment we saw on our stormy day at TDS. We were walking past a castmember sweeping just out of the rain when we noticed he was in fact using his wet broom to draw disney characters on the dry pavement. He was very very good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12