Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Tokyo Disney Resort in the Rain!

So just been looking up some pics from Sunday at the Resort and I've notice Tokyo is going through a rather wet patch at the moment.Of course we should expect that with the climate.However it got me thinking to how the wet weather efects people who decide to visit on a day where the heavens decide to open up and how people make the most of a wet day.Obviously a lot of the shows and parades will either be cancel or show alternative versions and due to safety cautions some of the attractions will shut down.

My only incident with the rain was at Tokyo Disney Sea where while waiting in line for some refreshments it decided to rain and resulted in me eating a wet Gyoza Sausage Bun.Luckily I was able to run of and hide in a couple of shops before the Big Band Beat started and by that time the weather had cleared up.

Anyone got any stories to tell or advice to give

• Minion

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort in the Rain!

It was rainy the entire week I was at Tokyo last July. I was actually quite thankful for it since there were no lines for anything. Like I've mentioned before, even Pooh's Hunny Hunt was a walk-on! I got to ride my favorite rides over and over again, probably more than 10 times for a few attractions. And I still got to watch the Electrical Parade Dreamlights, the Legend of Mythica, and BraviSEAmo!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Blimey Pooh being a walk on wow.Reminds me of the time I visited Disneyland Resort during the rain and Splash Mountain was a walk on.Believe it or not I was the only one stupid enough to want to ride the thing over and over.Hey if your gonna get wet anyway why not I say.

So do the crowds keep away during rainy days at Tokyo Disney Resort as there do in the US parks or is July a slow time for them anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    It was rainy the entire week I was at Tokyo last July. I was actually quite thankful for it since there were no lines for anything. Like I've mentioned before, even Pooh's Hunny Hunt was a walk-on! I got to ride my favorite rides over and over again, probably more than 10 times for a few attractions. And I still got to watch the Electrical Parade Dreamlights, the Legend of Mythica, and BraviSEAmo!
    Walk-on with Pooh's Hunny Hunt? Unbelievable!

When I left my room at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, the clouds looked ominous but no rain was coming down. By the time I got to Disneysea, it was pouring down rain. I walked into the first store I saw and right at the entrance to the shop was a blue and white Tokyo Disney Resort umbrella. I grabbed it, gave the cashier my 1000 yen, and I enjoyed a relatively uncrowded day.

The next day was absolutely beautiful. However, I got to Tokyo Disneyland about an hour after it opened and Pooh's Hunny Hunt's fastpasses had a return time of 9pm. It really made me miss the rain .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    So do the crowds keep away during rainy days at Tokyo Disney Resort as there do in the US parks or is July a slow time for them anyway?
    I think June and mid-July are considered the off-season for the Tokyo Disney Resort. The rain only made it even better, as it encouraged many of the Annual Passholders to stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by SanctumSolitude View Post
    Walk-on with Pooh's Hunny Hunt? Unbelievable!
    Yes, I couldn't believe it either but it was true! I didn't need to get any Fastpasses, yet still got some for my collection. A bit later in the day, every single Fastpass machine was turned off due to every attraction being a walk-on. Unfortunately, I didn't get Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, or Big Thunder Mountain Fastpasses in time before the Fastpass machines got covered.

I think I rode Pooh's Hunny Hunt 10 times, Splash Mountain 5 times, and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters 3 times in the single day that I visited Tokyo Disneyland. The crowds were so light that I could see how wide the pathways for Tokyo Disneyland were compared to Disneyland's walkways. I think I rode Indiana Jones 15 times and Journey to the Center of the Earth about 20 times in the 3 days I visited Tokyo DisneySea.

• Sea Creature

Tokyo Disney Resort is raining all the time, it's just how the climate is. June and July are offseason and especially rainy. However, light rain usually never hurt anyone, as you can see, some people quite enjoy it. However you can get very tame versions of the lagoon shows which can sometimes be a letdown.

• Banned User

It rained from 5:30pm on yesterday (saturday) when I visited TDR. HKDL was very overcast and hazy, with some rain drops in the afternoon, Friday.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    However you can get very tame versions of the lagoon shows which can sometimes be a letdown.
    Legend of Mythica was cancelled on all but the last full day I was at the resort. BraviSEAmo, however, was played every single night. I have no idea if it was played in the alternate version or not since it was raining only very lightly. If I remember correctly, the version they play during high winds and rainy weather contains very little pyro and as a result, the finale is not as strong or exciting. That wasn't the case since every showing of BraviSEAmo that I saw contained a ton of pyro, even though there was a bit of rain.

My wife and I were at Disneysea on Valentines Day and it rained all day. There was also a cold biting wind off the bay that got stronger all day until it was hard to walk down the street. All outdoors entertainment was cancelled and even the transit steamers and electric railways shutdown.

We were quite happy though. By afternoon all rides were walk ons or 5 minute waits. Shops were uncrowded. We could really look around and enjoy everything. We had a romantic dinner in an almost deserted Magellans.

• Banned User

I arrived in Tokyo the afternoon of Valentines day Feb 14th and the weather was simply awful. Then magically, the 15th was a beautiful mostly sunny day. Go figure.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

When I was there this past July it was extremely sunny, all except our last day. It was overcast and then umbrellas started opening during the middle of Mythica. We went over to the MK for dinner (couldn't leave without some Unbirthday cake). Walked on to Pooh a few times and left. There was enough rain to need an umbrella, but not downpouring. Worked out well since all fast passes for Pooh were gone by the morning.

I'm heading there in 2 weeks and pretty worried about the rain. Can't be too upbeat about it since I have 2 toddlers with us. Does it normally pour in March or is it a light shower? What about the duration? I'm praying that if it rains it won't be for the most part of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nananana View Post
    I'm heading there in 2 weeks and pretty worried about the rain. Can't be too upbeat about it since I have 2 toddlers with us. Does it normally pour in March or is it a light shower? What about the duration? I'm praying that if it rains it won't be for the most part of the day.
    I wouldn`t worry too much about the rain in March.
    According to a couple of links I found, March is the 5th driest month.
    http://weather.uk.msn.com/local.aspx...ns=wc:JAXX0085

http://www.blurtit.com/q787187.html

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    BraviSEAmo, however, was played every single night. I have no idea if it was played in the alternate version or not since it was raining only very lightly. If I remember correctly, the version they play during high winds and rainy weather contains very little pyro and as a result, the finale is not as strong or exciting. That wasn't the case since every showing of BraviSEAmo that I saw contained a ton of pyro, even though there was a bit of rain.
    I've only seen the unmodified version of BraviSEAmo three times out of about 15. They will always say something along the lines of "this version was slightly modified to fit the current conditions....and blah blah blah" They will modify it even if there are the slightest winds, rain also modifies it a lot. Even when those slight winds blow a certain direction, cast members don't allow people to sit close to the harbor if the wind is blowing their direction. However, every time I've seen it, there has still been what I would classify as "a ton of pyro". The original just has a lot more than "a ton of pyro".

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

The first time I went to TDR (then TDL only) was in March. My first full day was the 17th. No rain the entire 14 days but cold. It wouldn't hurt to throw a scarf and gloves in your suitcase. Murphy's law, if you have them you won't need them. You'll have a wonderful time no matter what!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast