Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Fantasyland

• California Golden Bear

Re: Fantasyland

Wow, after looking at the pictures of "iasw" at TDL and MK, I couldn't really tell you whose is better, I can say they both pale in comparasion to the original 1964 World's Fair version which was brought to Disneyland. At DL "iasw" is truely a sight to behold, with it's impressive facade, lavish gardens and enchanting clock it stands as a great tribute and credit to Walt and his imagineers.

Now, as for this current commosion over whose Splash is the best, I think its safe to say that all three versions are pretty similar, unless TDL's has an extra show scene or something that the others don't, I don't think the fact that it's drop is a few feet taller or its fume is a few feet longer are enough to make so great a difference that one could reasonablely claim it's the best. However, the fact that DL's Splash has far more characters than either of the other two verisions (because the entire cast of America Sings, minus a couple of geese, moved into Critter Country) does make it better. Plus, unlike at MK, when you travel through Splash Mountain on the DLRR you get to see the attraction's grand finale. Does TDL have this bonus as well?
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

• Established 2005

I don't see how more animatronics = better. If anything, it makes it overcrowded. I much prefer a careful selection of placed animatronics than an attraction stuffed to the gills with them. I don't see how more makes DLR's version better. Not starting a fight, but it's a basic rule of design: less is more (usually).

I also remember their animatronics looking like their skins needed some replacement. Ouch!

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by 1313HarborBlvd View Post
    Plus, unlike at MK, when you travel through Splash Mountain on the DLRR you get to see the attraction's grand finale.
    Where did you hear that MK didn't allow you to see the finale from the RR? You get to see the finale, infact the frontierland station is located just a few feet from the viewing area.
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

Wow, after looking at the pictures of "iasw" at TDL and MK, I couldn't really tell you whose is better, I can say they both pale in comparasion to the original 1964 World's Fair version which was brought to Disneyland. At DL "iasw" is truely a sight to behold, with it's impressive facade, lavish gardens and enchanting clock it stands as a great tribute and credit to Walt and his imagineers.
    You mean you can't tell the difference between this:

And this?

Wow. Oh well. *shrug*.

I actually find DLP's to be even better than the original at Disneyland.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I actually find DLP's to be even better than the original at Disneyland.
    Well, it's different. Which is nice. Nothing worse than all that cloning. And the color scheme works in that climate, whereas all that white of Disneyland's current facade would just disappear into the frequent overcasts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Well, it's different. Which is nice. Nothing worse than all that cloning. And the color scheme works in that climate, whereas all that white of Disneyland's current facade would just disappear into the frequent overcasts.

I've always liked that sign out front with the Children in the boat floating on the globe. I did like the colorful facade too. Reallly, I guess it's a toss up/tie between the original in Disneyland and DLP's.

• Minion

Now, as for this current commosion over whose Splash is the best, I think its safe to say that all three versions are pretty similar, unless TDL's has an extra show scene or something that the others don't, I don't think the fact that it's drop is a few feet taller or its fume is a few feet longer are enough to make so great a difference that one could reasonablely claim it's the best. However, the fact that DL's Splash has far more characters than either of the other two verisions (because the entire cast of America Sings, minus a couple of geese, moved into Critter Country) does make it better. Plus, unlike at MK, when you travel through Splash Mountain on the DLRR you get to see the attraction's grand finale. Does TDL have this bonus as well?
    I think Disneyland's it's a small world looks the prettiest too. And the reason why I think Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountain is better are listed above. I find the show scenes far more intimate and colorful, and the entire mountain is much more elaborate and prettier too than either Magic Kingdom's or Disneyland's version. And I'm pretty positive that Tokyo Disneyland's version has more AAs than even Disneyland's version.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I've always liked that sign out front with the Children in the boat floating on the globe. I did like the colorful facade too. Reallly, I guess it's a toss up/tie between the original in Disneyland and DLP's.
    For some reason, Disneyland Paris' exterior always looked less impressive to me. It just doesn't look as grand as the Disneyland original. Also, Disneyland Paris' exterior looks smaller to me.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567