View Poll Results: Which of these attractions do you prefer the most?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea- Tokyo DisneySea

17 42.50%
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea- Magic Kingdom

7 17.50%
  • Submarine Voyage- Disneyland

16 40.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Oh yes, I remeber the electrosheild! I still laugh at that concept although I do notice that Atlanis is inhabited in this ride, where as in the book, it's deserted ruins. Guess they did this to increase excitement.

Edit:One more question, did Buddy Baker do the soundtrack, like he did for Journey? I loved that music, and I simply must have this one if Baker did it.
    Last edited by FI183; 03-03-2007 at 10:57 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    how do you board the sub? Do you enter from the side? The Back? From Above?
    Guests board the vehicle from the right side of it.

Go to this link and scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN to the bottom. The last two photos in the pale green area on that page are links to short promo videos of JTTCOTE on the left and 20K on the right. Click on the 20K photo and be patient as it takes several seconds for the video to load, and it plays automatically. It will give you an idea of how the ride works. However, be advised there has been post-production work done on it... as the bubbles you see outside the vehicle are not there in reality, but you do see the real bubbles on the window in the shot from the indoor of the vehicle...
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...tml#mysterious
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 03-04-2007 at 12:10 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    You ride around a warehouse that's been darkened
    Isn't the same true for most of Disney's attractions, especially dark rides?

Echoing my previous statements, the amount of detail put into DisneySea's version alone puts it above the other two versions. The technology used was not off-putting for me because everything else made the journey feel even more realistic than the previous submarine attractions. Extra details like the creaking of the subs from the pressure of the ocean to clearer views and the grander sets just make DisneySea's version my favorite.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is my third favorite attraction at Tokyo DisneySea after Journey to the Center of the Earth and Indiana Jones Adventure. I have yet to ride Tower of Terror, so I'll have to wait until my next trip to see how it matches up with the other E-ticket attractions at DisneySea.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I have yet to ride Tower of Terror, so I'll have to wait until my next trip to see how it matches up with the other E-ticket attractions at DisneySea.
    I would not compare TOT to the other experiences at TDS simply because the TOT does not improve on what's there in regards to show experience. However, I still like this particular TOT's theming and storyline much better than the other ones at MGM/DCA, and I dare say...the upcoming one at WDSP.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would not compare TOT to the other experiences at TDS simply because the TOT does not improve on what's there in regards to show experience. However, I still like this particular TOT's theming and storyline much better than the other ones at MGM/DCA, and I dare say...the upcoming one at WDSP.
    I think DisneySea' Tower of Terror will still be my favorite version because of the sheer beauty of it, even if it is not as intense as DCA's or MGM's version.

• Banned User

I think the drops are as intense as the others... the difference is MGM's drops you ridiculous amounts of times to make you believe it's better, but it ain't.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Isn't the same true for most of Disney's attractions, especially dark rides?
    I guess I'm trying to say that it's a D-ticket. It's not the same level as the two E-ticket darkrides, which are Journey next door and Indy at DL. As a D-ticket, Journey sits alongside the likes of Spaceship Earth and Great Movie Ride, which isn't bad for a ride that has never been considered a weenie attraction since it's sitting in the shadow of Journey.

• Minion

I think the drops are as intense as the others... the difference is MGM's drops you ridiculous amounts of times to make you believe it's better, but it ain't.
    Not to mention that the random drop sequences sometimes choose a very mild version that only contains small ascents and descents with very little airtime. In that situation, MGM's version is by far the mildest.

I felt the other way around. The Tokyo one was a rush like I haven't felt in many years. It's not something I could do again, so I didn't, but it was great even if I didn't realize it right away. I walked off saying "OHTHANKYOUSOMUCH it's over oh i don't have to do that again...." then two hours later thought "Well, that was GREAT!"

To contrast, the MGM one just about knocked me out constantly pulling the car up just as soon as it was underway dropping. It was, for me, a health concern. Maybe I was partially in shock because I went excited instead of scared out of my wits this time, I don't know.

• Banned User

MGM's version is by far the mildest.
    Well, TDS' could also be the mildest due to the super smooth motion of the elevator. You can't feel it moving on the way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I walked off saying "OHTHANKYOUSOMUCH it's over oh i don't have to do that again...."
    You chicken.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    As a D-ticket, Journey sits alongside the likes of Spaceship Earth and Great Movie Ride, which isn't bad for a ride that has never been considered a weenie attraction since it's sitting in the shadow of Journey.
    Don't you mean 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea since you consider Journey to the Center of the Earth an E-ticket?

And just because it's not as good as Indiana Jones Adventure or Journey to the Center of the Earth doesn't mean it's not an E-ticket. There are lesser E-tickets out there like Test Track or Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. A D-ticket, in my mind, is something like Rocket Rods or Maelstrom at Epcot. An E-ticket attraction, on the other hand, contains a well designed queue, an engaging storyline, and something that shows off what Disney does best. DisneySea's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea has all that.

If the previous submarine attractions at Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom can be considered E-tickets, DisneySea's version most definitely can too.

• Banned User

And just because it's not as good as Indiana Jones Adventure or Journey to the Center of the Earth doesn't mean it's not an E-ticket.
    I agree. Even the original subs ride at DL and the MK was an E-ticket, and the show in that ride was cheese.

You chicken.
    When you qualify for old farts' discounts, come walk up to my headstone and say that.

Don't you mean 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea since you consider Journey to the Center of the Earth an E-ticket?
    Yup, good eye!

And just because it's not as good as Indiana Jones Adventure or Journey to the Center of the Earth doesn't mean it's not an E-ticket. There are lesser E-tickets out there like Test Track or Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.
    Roger? No, not really. I was adjusting the term E-ticket to today's parks but if you prefer to call them "lesser E-tickets" then that's fine. The next tier down from a marquee E-ride. I just happened to call it D-ticket.

SSE, GMR, Pirates, HM appear here. I would put 20K there. Above them, I would put Indy and JTTCOTE on the highest platform up by themselves.

That's as far as dark rides go. Coasters, from Matterhorn to TOT, litter the range with some in the Pirates zone and many in the Indy/Journey zone, although I can't grade Screamin or RNRC because they go upside down. Soarin' would go along with 20K.

Actually, that's a pretty good description: Peter Pan meets Soarin' with a subs theme.

• Minion

Interesting opinions, especially since Pirates of the Caribbean is considered to be the perfect example of an E-ticket attraction by many Disney fans. It was, after all, created by Walt Disney.

Yes but times have moved forward, and when all the effects are running Indy is a far more immersing experience. So is Journey.

If Imagineering is an art form, it will move on without Walt. People did not abandon painting after DaVinci just because nobody thought they could compete with that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast