my around the Disney World trip!!!

hi there, my name is gemma and i am new to these boards!
    i am currently working in walt disney world!!! in 2 weeks i start my whirlwind tour of the Disney world! starting in california for 3 nights (paradise pier), tokyo for 2 (sheraton), hong kong for 2 (hollywood) and paris for 2 (santa fe)!

any hints appreciated!

food, rides to make sure i get on etc!!!

• For You!

Re: my around the Disney World trip!!!

Wow, great trip - have fun!

and Welcome! Make sure you post a trip report for us!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Wow, what a trip! As for Tokyo tips, since you only have two days I would say spend one day at each park. At Tokyo Disneyland I would say make sure you hit the attractions/shows unique to that park (Mickey Mouse Revue, One Man's Dream, Pooh's Hunny Hunt (a must ride (get fastpass earily or jump in line when the park opens))). Additionally, I would visit the Queen of Hearts for a meal and catch the daytime and night time shows/parades.

At Tokyo DisneySea, I would make sure you catch Tower of Terror (get a fast pass immediately or jump in line when the place opens up), 20,000 Leauges Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Mermaid Lagoon Theater, heck pretty much everything! The shows are fantastic, Big Band Bang was great, Legend of Mythica was impressive and Donald's Boat Builders is a hidden gem and a great lunch stop!

Most importantly, the shopping is fantastic (if you are obsessed with awesome disney theme park goods). Be sure to wander through Iskperia also, solid disney store.

If you have a free night I would suggest trying to get to Ginza or Shibuya to experience some of Tokyo the city.

Have fun on your trip!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I've been to California,Tokyo and Paris before and I'd like to call myself a bit of a veteren when it comes to these parks.Even through Im still learning when it comes to Tokyo.

Seeing that this is the Tokyo forum may I recomend you take advantage of the FastPass option as its big in Japan and everyone uses it.Also to make most of the parks please arrive about a hour early.Also make sure for shows and parades you arrive about a hour before as these shows always fill up to capacity.

unfortunately due to cost and flight times i will prob only have one full day and hopefully an evening in which to do all 2 parks!

which park would you all sugest to do if you could only see it in the dark??

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disney_spice View Post
    Hmm...maybe Tokyo DisneySea since it is absolutely stunning at night with all the beautiful lighting. But at night you may not be able to appreciate the elaborate theming and architecture as much you would during daytime.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disney_spice View Post
    unfortunately due to cost and flight times i will prob only have one full day and hopefully an evening in which to do all 2 parks!

Well if thats the case I recomend spending the evening at Tokyo Disneyland,and the full day at Tokyo Disney Sea's.As Im sure you will have enough time to visit the other Magic Kingdom style parks plus TDS is going to be unique for you.

By the way Gemma what are the dates you will be attending the Resort on,as if its on the 21st of March or afterwards TDS will be holding its newest event Tokyo Disney Sea Spring Carnival more info in link here http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10025690.asp

If we also know the dates we can better advise you on what attractions to go on and what shows to enjoy!

sorry it took me so long to reply been busy packing!
    tokyo, erm.... march 27 - 29 i think!!!

My virgin post, but i'm also doing a similar trip in a few weeks time, APRIL 11 & 12 Tokyo disney, April 23 Disney Paris 1 day (thought i'd skip the Studio park, seemed like a smaller version of Orlando's MGM ?) from 14th May 5 days WDW Orlando, 22-23 May Anaheim disney and California Adventure (last time i was there they were still building CA, don't quite understand why it gets such a bad wrap? it sounds great on the websight)

didn't even know of HONG KONG when i was planning the trip, but it doesn't sound like i'm missing much at this stage.

• Banned User

Actually you are. HKDL is one of Disney's nicest DL parks in theme and atmosphere. True, it's a very small park and lacks a lot of attractions... but nonetheless... it's worth visiting for it's location alone.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by buddyex View Post
    22-23 May Anaheim disney and California Adventure (last time i was there they were still building CA, don't quite understand why it gets such a bad wrap? it sounds great on the websight)
    Disney's California Adventure is a lot of fun,during my last trip to that side of the Disney World I think I probarely spent more time here than at Disneyland.Don't listen to what people on here say visit and make up your own mind!