Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Question about DVD Region Code??

I was wondering if someone can help me out??
    Im intrested in purchasing the Tokyo Disney Sea 5th Anniversary DVD that came out a couple of days ago at the park however Im from the US and i believe that you can only watch REGION 1 DVD's unless you have a region free or multi-regional dvd player to see it, In fact i do have some questions that i need help on before i buy it, maybe someone can help me out?

#1 I Believe that the DVD is Region 2 meaning its for Japan and Europe?

#2. I bought a DVD from Disneyland paris that was PAL & REGION 9 so does that mean if i buy the Region 2 dvd from Tokyo can i still watch it?

#3. My computer has a DVD player on it will it play the Tokyo DVD? if not then is there a place where you can maybe buy software or a program to watch region 2 dvd's?

is anyone can help me that would be wonderful and greatly appreciated
    thanks

Re: Question about DVD Region Code??

Japanese DVD's are usually REGION 2 and NTSC, not PAL.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoDisneylandFan View Post
    I was wondering if someone can help me out??
    Im intrested in purchasing the Tokyo Disney Sea 5th Anniversary DVD that came out a couple of days ago at the park however Im from the US and i believe that you can only watch REGION 1 DVD's unless you have a region free or multi-regional dvd player to see it, In fact i do have some questions that i need help on before i buy it, maybe someone can help me out?

#2. I bought a DVD from Disneyland paris that was PAL & REGION 9 so does that mean if i buy the Region 2 dvd from Tokyo can i still watch it?

#3. My computer has a DVD player on it will it play the Tokyo DVD? if not then is there a place where you can maybe buy software or a program to watch region 2 dvd's?

is anyone can help me that would be wonderful and greatly appreciated
    thanks
    #1 Yes

#2 This is the first time I've heard of a region number higher than 8

#3 Well I can tell you how it works on Macs. You have to set the region code, and you can reset it 5 times, after which, it will remain locked on the last region code you set and Apple WILL NOT reset it for you (though it can be done). It's a copyright issue (though I don't agree with it). I'm sure Windows PC's have similar region setting limitations.

• The Darkness to Light

Save yourself the headache and buy yourself a cheap Region Free DVD player from online tech store. You can use Google's Froogle search and bound to find something if you type in "Region Free DVD Player" or any combination there of.

I would do the search for you and post a link to the results, but my luck with search engines is like that of Joe Average in Las Vegas.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Most of the park DVD's that are found in Paris,and the States are Region 0 and can be used anywhere except those found in Japan where there region 2,which for someone like me who lives in the UK isn't a problem as we share the same Region with Japan.

DVD players are very cheap now days so picking one up that can play multi Region DVD's should not a a problem.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Available at any Radio Shack in the U.S., or from Amazon.com

Philips DVP-5140

$59.99

Has hidden menu, to change region code (set to '0' Zero) and it will play any DVD region on any TV.
    (e-mail me so I can give you the step by step to find the hidden menu)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    Available at any Radio Shack in the U.S., or from Amazon.com

Philips DVP-5140

$59.99

Has hidden menu, to change region code (set to '0' Zero) and it will play any DVD region on any TV.
    (e-mail me so I can give you the step by step to find the hidden menu)
    Actually, the instructions are posted on Amazon:

To make it region code free follow these instruction:
    1. Turn on the unit
    2. Open the loading tray
    3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote
    4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key
    6. Press the down arrow once to enter the Preference page
    5. Enter 138931 on the remote
    6. You will now see the current region code displayed
    7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions
    8. Press the "Play" button on the remote

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I need to get my hands on one of those. I have a DVD from the UK I haven't been able to watch yet because I don't want to screw around with any of my PC settings (like Macs, PCs can only change the region code like 4 or 5 times then it's forever stuck on the last setting you put it on).

• The Monkey's Uncle

Yes Region 2 NTSC

Only if your player is REGION free.

Most DVD ROM drives are region locked. Also DVDplayback software usually only allow as switch of regions 5 times.
    For the DVDROM there are a few ways to fix REGION issues.
    1) Reflash your drives firmware to be REGION FREE. http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

2) Use AnyDVD soft to get around REGION issues and copyright locks on your PC. http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

RE: Buying a home deck...
    You can find the Philips mentioned above...or you could go here and see if YOUR existing player or other players can be hacked (unlocked via hidden menut) go here to search. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

• Creative Director

A heads up on REGION FREE DVD players-

I have one, and at times, it does NOT always play any DVD. It is set to play any region, but the last 3 DVDs I bought from TDR did not play on it whatsoever. I can set the region to 0 or 2 or whatever I want, and neither got the DVDs to play. I had to find software that allowed me to rip a copy of the movie off the DVD, including ripping off the region. Then I just burned a duplicate region free copy of the DVD itself. Very easy.
    Just letting you guys know- especially those considering buying region free players. They are not always going to work (either that or mine is just a cheap piece of you know what, which it is. other than that, it works great on everything else.)

Actually, the instructions are posted on Amazon:
    Thanks for posting. I wasn't sure about how cool posting that on MiceChat would be.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkwerx View Post
    1) Reflash your drives firmware to be REGION FREE. http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php
    BEWARE

This can be dangerous. Yes, you can do it, but if you screw up your drive, it's your problem. By flashing the firmware (if the firmware flash is not supported for your model optical drive) you void your warranty. For instance, you do that on your Mac, you screw it up, Apple will NOT fix it for you.

• Minion

I have a free program called VLC media player on my computer. I just use that when I am using other region DVD's.

• World Traveler

I don't understand why a promotional DVD as in a video from Tokyo Disneyland can't be region free. It's not like they're waiting for the video to come out in theaters or in other parts of the world! These types of DVDs should be made region free so we all can see them.

I was looking at a Tokyo Disneyland DVD, but it will not ship to the USA only in Japan. Anyone know how to get a DVD if you live in the USA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast