Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When was your first visit to TDR?

I was just looking at the some of the figures on the OLC website (from a link in another thread) and realised that my first visit to Tokyo Disneyland must have been less than a year after it opened.

In 1984 I was age 8 and we stopovered in Tokyo on a flight from Sydney to London to visit relatives. My family spent a rainy windy day at Disneyland. There were barely any crowds. I remember getting off Space Mountain and just walking back on again and not having to share a car with anyone but my sister.

It was my first Disney Park and it made a deep impression. Though I've only visited it 3 times I've always regarded Tokyo as my local park and the standard by which I judge the others.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Re: When was your first visit to TDR?

First visit to TDL for me was Summer of 2001, though I'd want to visit ever since I saw pictures of it the back of an old Disneyland pictorial souvenir book.

I remember checking out the TDS preview stuff.

I've been back twice now (most recently in '05) and on both repeat visits I hit both parks.

I plan to go again this year. Love it!

My first of three visits was in January of 2005. We stayed at the Mira Costa which was amazing!

• Minion

Believe it or not, my first visit was last year! It completely changed my view of Disney parks.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

My first visit to TDL took place shortly after Star Tours had opened in 1989 and "Space Fantasy" special event was being featured at the park, with a huge castle show featuring Mickey and the Star Wars characters.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Believe it or not, my first visit was last year! It completely changed my view of Disney parks.
    HUH? Is not tdrfan.com your site? Formerly jazzpiano.com?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    No, that site belongs to a different "tdrfan".
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    No, that site belongs to a different "tdrfan".
    Hmmmmmmm, okay.

• Minion

June 2000, my first and only visit. I'd really like to go back and visit Disney Sea.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

My first visit was in 2001 and at the Ambassador. I fell in love with the culture first park second, probably since I had been a host family to Japanese students when I was in Jr High. I loved and had worked as a CM and then seeing what could be done with a Disney park was amazing! I kept seeing the signs for TDS and I had been sent a CM brocure on it so even on my first trip I was planning the second in my mind.

This most recent trip was for the 5th anniversary of TDS (although they celebrated in July when the outside speech was nice and hot) and I had an even more amazing room at the Hotel Miracosta!

Can't wait until 2008!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I first wanted to go to the Tokyo Disney Resort after seeing that fantastic photo tour of Tokyo Disney Sea that MousePlanet.com had up on its site during the glory days of that site. http://www.mouseplanet.com/tokyo/tdstour/tdstour1.htm

I was so impressed by the level in detail that I saw in that park I instantly wanted to go.Sadly like most people I never throught it would be a possibility due to the cost involved so I left it as just a pipe dream.Besides with both the Walt Disney Studios and Disney's California Adventure opening I had two new parks to visit.I visited Paris a couple of times and of course visited California and Vegas three times during that same period.Than I decided I was long over due a visit to Walt Disney World.When I returned from that vacation last year I started to look into the possibilty of visiting the Tokyo Disney Resort again.Then one day I was walking around the main shopping district of where I live and the weather was cold and it started to snow.I visited one of the shops where my friend works and we started discussing how another one of our friends was living it up in Thailand for 6 months.At that point the atsmophere was very depressing and at that point I throught I needed to do something to cheer me up so I next visited the Travel Agents and ended up booking the trip to Tokyo,Japan.

My long awaited trip came by in Sept of last year when I finally was fortunate enough to visit the Tokyo disney Resort for the first time.It was certainly a sureal moment and how ironic it was that Tokyo Disney Sea's was celebrating its 5th Anniversary already,when it only seem like yesturday I was browsing through them pics on line of the park.I also during my trip visited Tokyo Disneyland and enjoyed its popular Halloween event.So much in fact Im making a second visit this Sept.And I can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    tdrfan.com is maintained by Chris Calabrese, a musician and former TDL CM and performer. Along with his great site, he has a good career as a musician, his CD of Jazz Piano greats is available in Japan.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Seems to me someone should change his codename to avoid confusion with Mr. Calabrese and a more established TDLFAN person...who many think now goes by that other moniker... Very frustrating.

My first visit was last September. I was very hesitant to go in the first place but after getting to Japan all of my concerns were erased. A few things fell in line this winter and my wife and I are now heading back in April!

• World Traveler

1997 was my first visit when I got tickets to go to Japan via Amsterdam. Boy that was a long trip. We returned in 2003. Hopefully, we'll return next year, if not this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast