Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Third Japanese park

A recent article on LaughingPlace hints towards OLC perhaps looking into building yet another theme park seperate to the existing property.Here is a qoute and the link below ...

Oriental Land Company, the owners and licensee of the Tokyo Disney Resort. Faced with declining numbers from its ageing target audience OLC is looking to develop a third Japanese Disney park but this time outside the existing resort in Tokyo Bay. OLC own parcels of land throughout the country and have already been conducting surveys (both construction- and guest-orientated) on one such tract in southern Honshu. That is currently more likely than any of the other theme park projects currently being discussed.
    http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID511300.asp

To discuss!

Re: Third Japanese park

interesting. Let hope that if OLC makes another park, they make it differetnt than Disneyland and Disneyseas.

• The Darkness to Light

I'm just hoping they don't drop another Disney Studios park unless they can make the ones before it look like complete unoriginal pieces of a clone cookie. Which I have no doubt in my mind they will should they go that route.

• Dreaming of Disney World

Interesting. I think that if they do go through with it it wont be a Disneyland style park, it will be something totally new. That would be really cool. I wish the OLC would build a Disney park in North Carolina, that would be great
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Banned User

Okay where does the writer of this article get off saying that HKDL is the first theme park Disney has built in Asia? Last time I checked, Japan was in Asia.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Okay where does the writer of this article get off saying that HKDL is the first theme park Disney has built in Asia? Last time I checked, Japan was in Asia.
    My guess would be that was in the sense that the Oriental Land Company, and not Disney, built Tokyo Disneyland.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    My guess would be that was in the sense that the Oriental Land Company, and not Disney, built Tokyo Disneyland.
    That's a good point.

Also, the last time I checked, the rest of Asia is about 50 years behind Japan. Japan has been a modern country since a few years after the end of WWII.

The mainland of Asia hasn't been "ripe" for their own park until now.

• Loves Mickey!

This has been floating around for a while but I still don't like it. It would be so inconvenient to go to a different location.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It would be for people in Southern Honshu, so they don't have to come to Tokyo.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It would be for people in Southern Honshu, so they don't have to come to Tokyo.
    I still think it would be better to add on to the already existing Tokyo Disney resort. I mean here in America, the vast majority of us dont have the convenience of going to Disneyland or Disney World when we want to unless we live in Southern California or Florida. It would take days (nearly a week) to travel by road to these destinations unlike Japan where anyone could drive to Tokyo in less than a day. Still we would raise hell at the idea of a new Disney park that is not in Anaheim or Orlando. It's how we think I guess. I like getting the full Disney experience in one place instead of having it all scattered dont you?

• Dreaming of Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I still think it would be better to add on to the already existing Tokyo Disney resort. I mean here in America, the vast majority of us dont have the convenience of going to Disneyland or Disney World when we want to unless we live in Southern California or Florida. It would take days (nearly a week) to travel by road to these destinations unlike Japan where anyone could drive to Tokyo in less than a day. Still we would raise hell at the idea of a new Disney park that is not in Anaheim or Orlando. It's how we think I guess. I like getting the full Disney experience in one place instead of having it all scattered dont you?
    I totally agree with you. That is why i dont want disney to do this small park idea thing. It is crazy. Also they should only build Disney hotels at the existing Disney resorts.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Loves Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Exactly and more than likely they would still choose TDR over a Disneyland in a different location or even a new park in this location imo.

They still have room in the Maihama area and the idea that is floating around about them building a park in Odaiba and connecting it with transportation by ship is more interesting.
    Last edited by DreamSweetsLove; 03-25-2007 at 11:53 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    I totally agree with you. That is why i dont want disney to do this small park idea thing. It is crazy. Also they should only build Disney hotels at the existing Disney resorts.
    Right on man! Although, the last thing WDW needs is yet *another* hotel. Ooops! They're getting one. Or two. Or three. Or four. (Four Seasons and tralier park hotels on the West side of the property).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    interesting. Let hope that if OLC makes another park, they make it differetnt than Disneyland and Disneyseas.
    I'm sure you can bet on it. But if they want to develop another property in Southern Japan, and they have a great relationship with Disney, why wouldn't they ask Disney Imagineering to design it for them and maybe add the Disney characters to it, for an added draw. OLC is huge and they have invested in real estate all over Japan.

This has nothing to do with whether or not The Walt Disney Co. should expand THEIR properties in Anaheim, Orlando, or build hotels nationwide.

This is about OLC developing property they own. Japan has over 127 million, 378 thousand citizens. (Natl. Geographic World Atlas, published 2002.)

Tokyo: pop. 26,444,000

Some cities in Southern Honshu:

Kyoto: pop. 1,849,000
    Osaka: pop. 11,013,000
    Nagoya: pop. 3,157,000
    Hiroshima: pop. 866,000

Why not offer another theme park to a region that has over 1000 people/sq. mile. (That's over 390/sq. km.)

I agree, it should probably have an all new theme.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

All that site said, was: "The Oriental Land Company, the owners and licensee of the Tokyo Disney Resort, faced with declining numbers from its ageing target audience the OLC is looking to develop a third Japanese Disney park but this time outside the existing resort in Tokyo Bay. OLC own parcels of land throughout the country and have already been conducting surveys (both construction- and guest-orientated) on one such tract in southern Honshu. That is currently more likely than any of the other theme park projects currently being discussed."

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast