Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Make it Cool

Best Time to Visit?

If I could go at any time of the year, what would offer the best combination of smallest crowds and most favorable weather? And if these two things are not possible at the same time, when are the crowds lightest?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Best Time to Visit?

When we went last September (towards the end) the weather was nice. It only rained a couple of days and the crowds at Disney were very manageble.

• Make it Cool

Thanks kustomboy. anyone else?

• Banned User

Lightest crowds are found during mid-january thru mid march, but the weather can be very cold. I feel the best time to go to TDR is now in early april... Cherry blossoms in full bloon, a cool breeze in the air, partly sunny days with little rain...and the crowds are medium on the scale...and very manageable.

• Minion

I prefer July. Every attraction was a walk-on for me, and the only drawback was the rainy weather. I still got to catch the parades and lagoon shows though. It was very enjoyable and not that hot at all.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Make it Cool

thanks you guys!

• Banned User

Whatever you decide to do... AVOID new years' week, spring break in mid-march, golden week in early may, the entire month of august, late october and late december. Those are the worst times to visit. MAD crowds.

April and September are the only months I suggest family and friends to visit me over here. They are the most comfortable (weather wise), and the crowds are no where near as busy during these months!!

Steve

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Can I just say while the parks are quiet in Sept do keep a eye out for special holidays.Like respect for the aged day where the parks will get very crowded on and after that day,like I recently discovered.

• Banned User

I want to know, what is the best time to visit when all attractions are likely to be operating with nothing down for refurbs.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I want to know, what is the best time to visit when all attractions are likely to be operating with nothing down for refurbs.
    Last year, I visited in mid-July with nothing big closed except for the Western River Railroad. July is a pretty good month to visit. Light crowds and almost all the attractions are open. This year is a bit of an exception since Mermaid Lagoon Theatre, StormRider, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Pooh's Hunny Hunt are all scheduled for refurb until late July. But generally, July is a good month to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort if you want to experience the attractions with almost no wait.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I visited TDS in September 2005. It was the 3rd week of Sept, as I was in Japan for TGS, and I took the train out to Disney, and I have to say the weather was perfect, not to hot, not to muggy. Not a cloud in the sky, and not a line to be seen.

I highly recommend going during the month of Sept.

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by composerboy View Post
    If I could go at any time of the year, what would offer the best combination of smallest crowds and most favorable weather? And if these two things are not possible at the same time, when are the crowds lightest?

Thanks in advance!
    composerboy - thank you for starting this thread. I was wondering the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Last year, I visited in mid-July with nothing big closed except for the Western River Railroad. July is a pretty good month to visit. Light crowds and almost all the attractions are open. This year is a bit of an exception since Mermaid Lagoon Theatre, StormRider, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Pooh's Hunny Hunt are all scheduled for refurb until late July. But generally, July is a good month to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort if you want to experience the attractions with almost no wait.
    TDR_Fan - really? Almost no wait? But what was the weather like?

For those who say that April/September are the best times to visit (and I'm inclined to agree, weather- and crowd-wise), what is the likelihood that attractions would be down for refurb? DH and I are thinking of going to Japan sometime in the next year or so and would be disappointed if something worthwhile would be closed since this would probably be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing.
    She did it!

How bad is the week around Christmas? That's when we'll be going regardless of how crowded it is, but it Christmas a popular holiday in Japan?

• Loves Mickey!

It's very crowded but definately worth it because they go all out for Christmas, imho. I think you made a wonderful choice in deciding on Christmas time.

It is a very popular among couples more than anyone else although children enjoy it as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast