Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Darkness to Light

And we can't have this in the states why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtmPDKJiEC4
    Chip & Dale's Cool Service from... last summer?

I don't remember is Joe or any other TDR/TDS site got footage of this event, but when I found it just now, I fell in love with the simple and silly nature of the show. Having my two favorite characters helps as well.

After watching this, I couldn't help but ask the question why something like this wouldn't fly in the states? I mean, it's budget friendly and can be done during only the summer season when it's hot out. It can be exclusive to the only parks that have lagoons that are similar in access (namely Epcot and DCA). And the only cost would be the construction and maintance cost of the boat and water cannons, which I bet is probably just as cheap as constructing a one-float parade.

So, in all seriousness, what gives?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: And we can't have this in the states why?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtmPDKJiEC4
    Chip & Dale's Cool Service from... last summer?

I don't remember is Joe or any other TDR/TDS site got footage of this event, but when I found it just now, I fell in love with the simple and silly nature of the show. Having my two favorite characters helps as well.

After watching this, I couldn't help but ask the question why something like this wouldn't fly in the states? I mean, it's budget friendly and can be done during only the summer season when it's hot out. It can be exclusive to the only parks that have lagoons that are similar in access (namely Epcot and DCA). And the only cost would be the construction and maintance cost of the boat and water cannons, which I bet is probably just as cheap as constructing a one-float parade.

So, in all seriousness, what gives?
    two words..."frivolous lawsuits." I know it seems crazy, to people like you and I who would find this fun, but there are a good number of our fellow Americans who would use this situation to try to make a quick "settlement dollar" or two.

"I had never been there before and didn't expect the water cannon and so my 'brand new' digital camera was ruined"

"my poor little child was hit right in the face by that water. It terrified and 'traumatised' little deadbeat jr! How dare Disney do that to a child."

I know plenty of you reading this are probably saying "oh come on" and you don't think things would get that bad. I spent a year as a baliff in a civil courtroom before I was assigned elswhere in my department (ah my rookie years ) I can tell you in that year I was constantly amazed at what someone would sue another person or a company for because some ambulance chasing attorney promised them they'd get a big out of court settlement.

JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    two words..."frivolous lawsuits."
    I was thinking the exact thing. America is a place where you can sue for anything and make a buck. It just wouldn't fly over here.

By the way, I love the Japanese talking chipmunks. They sound even cuter in Japanese.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    two words..."frivolous lawsuits." I know it seems crazy, to people like you and I who would find this fun, but there are a good number of our fellow Americans who would use this situation to try to make a quick "settlement dollar" or two.

"I had never been there before and didn't expect the water cannon and so my 'brand new' digital camera was ruined"

"my poor little child was hit right in the face by that water. It terrified and 'traumatised' little deadbeat jr! How dare Disney do that to a child."
    Yeah, but it's not like they wouldn't know in advance. I mean, these kind of shows would have those kind of announcements to cancel those kind of lawsuits out, right?

"Hey everyone! Chip & Dale's Cool Service boat is coming around the lagoon in 15 minutes! So get ready to some fun in the sun! This show features water cannons that will shoot into the walkway around the lagoon area, so if you want to get wet, make sure to be at [insert lagoon location] in 15 minutes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    By the way, I love the Japanese talking chipmunks. They sound even cuter in Japanese.
    You should see their merchendise. Too bad we never see any decent C&D plushies here in the state.

• no flash photography...

I for on one would not want to be sprayed down with died dirty water. Unless the boat has it's own water supply it would not be very fun. I would not sue or complain, but I would not like it either. i would stay far away.

• Banned User

LOL that video is totally funny and I really liked it. It would be fun to have that in the U.S. but Epcot wouldn't be the right place for it.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    LOL that video is totally funny and I really liked it. It would be fun to have that in the U.S. but Epcot wouldn't be the right place for it.
    No, they'd have to turn it into this serious, educative thing about "water being the world's most critical resource", haha. "For thousands of years, people of all lands have squirted water at one another. From the first Mayan goat bladder water balloons to..."

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I for on one would not want to be sprayed down with died dirty water. Unless the boat has it's own water supply it would not be very fun. I would not sue or complain, but I would not like it either. i would stay far away.
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't use the lagoon water. I mean, that would a pain to refill the water cannons that fast using the water the boat is on, especially the long-range cannons at the back of the boat.

Chances are they have their own water source, and it isn't dirty or dyed. Cold, probably, but definately not dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    They made very clear announcements and had notices in the guides that all water used for the wet events was potable. Also, the CM's make constant announcements indicating where the wet areas would be.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Well Hong Kong Disneyland is going to be trying its own water/splash event later this year with Mickey's Water Works,but it will be a land base parade.Personally I don't think the weather gets hot enough in California to try this out.As the Anaheim summer is quite mild to other places.This goes for Paris too,its only real hot places like Tokyo,Hong Kong and Orlando that in my opinion this event would work in.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    They made very clear announcements and had notices in the guides that all water used for the wet events was potable. Also, the CM's make constant announcements indicating where the wet areas would be.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    ok, then it would be fun....

That looks like so much fun...what an awesome show. TDL/TDS totally use the characters in so many good ways and in so many good shows. There's nothing like Donald's Boat Builders anywhere in the US parks. You'd probably have to pay to see it and make ressies, too.

I totally love Chip & Dale in Japanese, too! Oh so cute!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Well Hong Kong Disneyland is going to be trying its own water/splash event later this year with Mickey's Water Works,but it will be a land base parade.Personally I don't think the weather gets hot enough in California to try this out.As the Anaheim summer is quite mild to other places.This goes for Paris too,its only real hot places like Tokyo,Hong Kong and Orlando that in my opinion this event would work in.
    Tokyo summers are hotter than SoCa's? How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    summers in Anaheim are very hot...the temps get past 90 sometimes reaching 100, bu the worst part is the humidity makes it feel even hotter. I live in the high desert and we get to 110 and it's still not as bad as they way Anaheim feels. We have the dry heat in the desert.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast