Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Who's used the Mira Costa pool?

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    By the way, my point in taking pictures of the fixtures, moldings, reliefs, and furniture in my room was to show how the attention to detail NEVER stops. The whole Tokyo DisneySea park and MiraCosta have raised the bar so high, I doubt anyone would ever be able to build something close to it again. But, hey.... at least it's real!!
    The Hotel MiraCosta is the most beautiful and elaborate hotel I've ever seen or stayed at. It compliments Tokyo DisneySea perfectly and is integral to the overall experience. I just love strolling around Mediterranean Harbor, looking at the wonderful designs and artwork on the exterior. It's amazingly gorgeous and truly a masterpiece. The Hotel MiraCosta truly goes beyond being just a hotel and serves as one of the main centerpieces of Tokyo DisneySea. Like you said, the attention to detail in Tokyo DisneySea is simply unmatched.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Yes indeed. It's a pretty long 'loop'. I'd guess about 2 hours or so. At least for the indoor pool area. The outdoor pool area is totally different, and then there's variations of the themes down the little winding paths. Really nice touch. And VERY subtle. If you didn't notice that type of thing normally, it would totally pass you by.
    Very impressive. I would love to take a relaxing swim just to hear the Italian music loop in the indoor pool area. Since I'm visiting in July, a wet month, perhaps the rainstorms will restrict guests from swimming in the outdoor pool. However, I really want to take a nice stroll around those winding garden paths that you talked about to hear the different Italian music loops. I know I could easily spend hours here; it's just so calming, immersive and well themed. I think I'll visit Terme Venezia the first day so that I don't take any time away from the parks.

• Make it Cool

By the way, my point in taking pictures of the fixtures, moldings, reliefs, and furniture in my room was to show how the attention to detail NEVER stops. The whole Tokyo DisneySea park and MiraCosta have raised the bar so high, I doubt anyone would ever be able to build something close to it again. But, hey.... at least it's real!!
    Wonderful pictures. I just spent almost an hour poring over the pictures you've posted on your site. I'd LOVE to see the rest of your photos, particularly of Mysterious Island!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Me, I'd stay at the Ambassador anyway....
    You do know that the cheapest room at the Hotel MiraCosta is only about $75/night more than the cheapest room at the Ambassador Hotel, right? I think that the pure luxury and location of the Hotel MiraCosta, not to mention the premium views and being able to hear the background music of the park from your room are well worth that little extra money. Personally, I like to go ever further by paying several hundred dollars more a night for a balcony and the best views possible. Recently, I even reserved a suite for about $920/night.

For an extra $75/night, you can get a "Partial View" room. You'll still be able to see most of Mediterranean Harbor and Mount Prometheus. Or you can opt for a room on the Tuscany side and get a view of the AquaSphere and DisneySea Plaza. Both are excellent choices that I would definitely take over any room at the Ambassador Hotel. Don't get me wrong; the Ambassador Hotel is a very nice deluxe hotel, but it pales in comparison to the Hotel MiraCosta.

Since I prefer Tokyo DisneySea over Tokyo Disneyland, a private entrance into the park just makes the Hotel MiraCosta a must whenever I plan to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort. It doesn't get any better than actually staying inside Tokyo DisneySea, the most beautiful theme park in the world.

• Established 2005

Speaking of the pool, I stayed at the hotel one night during the off season on a cast member discount. . .and highly enjoyed the indoor pool. It was pretty empty and very peaceful. The funny thing was though, we ventured into the locker room, and noticed the steam room and jacuzzi. Having been to onsen around Japan, we were unsure as to the "customs" of the jacuzzi. Off came the trunks and in we went.

A month or so later, at the Aladdin in Las Vegas, same thing. Unsure of what to do, or maybe confused by the Japanese culture to which I had become accustom, off came the trunks and a towel was carried around. Talk about looks. . .

Pardon the TMI.

• Banned User

Just curious, would this type of experience not seem worth $18 to you? Would you rather have every single guest of the (always booked to capacity) hotel down in the pools and spa with you? For what they provide, the tranquility of it all, and best of all the brief "ESCAPE" into another world, while still feeling like you're in DisneySea.... I'm surprised it's not $50 (which would STILL be worth it). And folks wonder why this stuff doesn't get built in the states.
    Yes, I would rather have the pool open to all guests. Or rather, there should be two pools, one not part of the spa open to all and then the exclusive spa pool.
    Last edited by NickCharles; 04-01-2007 at 05:38 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    You do know that the cheapest room at the Hotel MiraCosta is only about $75/night more than the cheapest room at the Ambassador Hotel, right? I think that the pure luxury and location of the Hotel MiraCosta, not to mention the premium views and being able to hear the background music of the park from your room are well worth that little extra money. Personally, I like to go ever further by paying several hundred dollars more a night for a balcony and the best views possible. Recently, I even reserved a suite for about $920/night.

For an extra $75/night, you can get a "Partial View" room. You'll still be able to see most of Mediterranean Harbor and Mount Prometheus. Or you can opt for a room on the Tuscany side and get a view of the AquaSphere and DisneySea Plaza. Both are excellent choices that I would definitely take over any room at the Ambassador Hotel. Don't get me wrong; the Ambassador Hotel is a very nice deluxe hotel, but it pales in comparison to the Hotel MiraCosta.

Since I prefer Tokyo DisneySea over Tokyo Disneyland, a private entrance into the park just makes the Hotel MiraCosta a must whenever I plan to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort. It doesn't get any better than actually staying inside Tokyo DisneySea, the most beautiful theme park in the world.
    I'd rather stay at the Ambassor because I love Art Deco. I appreciate how detailed the MiraCosta is, but my personal choice based on the style that I like is the Ambassador.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Speaking of the pool, I stayed at the hotel one night during the off season on a cast member discount. . .and highly enjoyed the indoor pool. It was pretty empty and very peaceful. The funny thing was though, we ventured into the locker room, and noticed the steam room and jacuzzi. Having been to onsen around Japan, we were unsure as to the "customs" of the jacuzzi. Off came the trunks and in we went.

A month or so later, at the Aladdin in Las Vegas, same thing. Unsure of what to do, or maybe confused by the Japanese culture to which I had become accustom, off came the trunks and a towel was carried around. Talk about looks. . .

Pardon the TMI.
    I'm going out on a limb here, but I think what you did in Japan was okay culturally. What you did in Vegas probably wasn't. I'm not really sure; I'm just going by my research in Japanese pop culture, which apparently includes a lot of casual nudity (meaning they are naked just because and not to be sexy about it).

• Banned User

If the jacuzzi spa is located inside the men's locker room, then it's fine to go in sans trunks. In fact, in every private club locker room I've ever been in that had a jacuzzi, suana and steam in the men's locker room, that's they way it is. No one is walking around with a swimsuit on in any of the three places. The guys who keep their trunks on are the ones who look weird (and who have issues, I might add).

Huh???? You have to pay to use the hotel pool? Unless it is considered part of the spa, what kind of crap is that?
    You know it’s really not unsual to have to pay a fee to use the pool in most Japanese hotels and as other posters have said 2,000 yen is really not a great deal of cash to pay for such a top end facility.

And don’t forget you don’t tend to tip anyone in Japan it’s just not part of their culture, so when you take your cab to the hotel “No Tip” That bell boy who collects your bags from the cab “No Tip” The Cast member how shows you to your room (in my case I had 2 one who took the bags and one how talked to me about the guest services and gave me a little tour around my room pointing out some of the Disney details), “No Tip” the barman who got me my drinks or the waiter in the hotel restaurant “No Tip, No Tip, No Tip”

If this hotel was in Vegas I’d be broke by the time I got to my room let alone found the pool.

I’d rather the few guests who find time to check out the pool each pay a little extra for the service rather than adding it into the room rate of all guests most of whom are to busy in the parks to find time to use the facility.
    Last edited by steamboat will; 04-01-2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: sorry it made no sense

Quote Originally Posted by composerboy View Post
    Wonderful pictures. I just spent almost an hour poring over the pictures you've posted on your site. I'd LOVE to see the rest of your photos, particularly of Mysterious Island!!
    I hear ya.... I'm swamped in production at the moment.... but when I get a couple hours free, I'll upload 'em. Thanks for the kind words regarding the photos!! Means a lot!

I have 4 hours of video to edit too.

Thanks everyone for your input. I think we've settled on a long afternoon at the pool followed by dinner and BraviSeamo from our room as the plan for the day we check in. Two weeks, can't wait!

Because I detailed so much in my description of the pool, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this website I found which has some pics of the indoor pool and glimpses at the garden paths.

• Banned User

Because I detailed so much in my description of the pool, I thought you guys would get a kick out of this website I found which has some pics of the indoor pool and glimpses at the garden paths.
    Yes, that's already been posted in this thread

• Minion

Yes, that's already been posted in this thread
    This article shows a much more extensive tour of the secret garden paths on pages 10 and 11. Extremely beautiful!

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-PID505620-505627.asp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast