Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who's used the Mira Costa pool?

I know the Mira Costa charges extra to use the pool. How much do they charge? Is it worth it? They only have an indoor pool, right?

Re: Who's used the Mira Costa pool?

The "Terme Venezia" Spa and Pool complex has an indoor pool and spa, an outdoor pool and the "Hippocampi" bar.

The indoor pool costs 2,200yen per adult (3,000yen during summer).

The outdoor pool, which can almost be seen from the "Venetian Gondolas" attraction, is open only during the summer at 3,000yen per adult.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    The "Terme Venezia" Spa and Pool complex has an indoor pool and spa, an outdoor pool and the "Hippocampi" bar.

The indoor pool costs 2,200yen per adult (3,000yen during summer).

The outdoor pool, which can almost be seen from the "Venetian Gondolas" attraction, is open only during the summer at 3,000yen per adult.

JoeInJpn
    Do you know if that price is per use, per day, or per stay? Also, have you used the pools? From the photos I've seen, they're gorgeous but small.

• Banned User

Huh???? You have to pay to use the hotel pool? Unless it is considered part of the spa, what kind of crap is that?

Me, I'd stay at the Ambassador anyway....

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Huh???? You have to pay to use the hotel pool? Unless it is considered part of the spa, what kind of crap is that?

I was thinking the same. I mean the pool looks gorgeous and all, but sheesh, the Japanese sure are willing to put up with a lot of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Do you know if that price is per use, per day, or per stay? Also, have you used the pools? From the photos I've seen, they're gorgeous but small.
    During my first stay there in Sept 2001, the fee covered that day only. I'm not sure how the system is now. Yes, I did use the pools. Indoor and outdoor.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

It IS part of the spa. Actually, most high-end hotels have their Spa facilities seperate from the hotel, unless you are staying in a "spa-room" (which, incidentally, are offered at MiraCosta.)

Anyhow, the pool and spa area is truly magnificent. The main (indoor) pool, is one big oval thing with the most fantastic italian marble tiles lining the bottom. It's slippery yet not, but make your feet GLIDE across the bottom. There's an ice cold tiny oval, and then a 'hot tub' oval, to the left and right of the big one (kind of like a hidden mickey, but you'd have to see it to see how they played it down). Again, I can't stress how amazing just walking over the marble tiled pool is, while looking up at a amazing dome of copper, stained glass, and italian etechings. Oh yeah, and just to your left there's huge windows and you can see Venice and the canals inside DisneySea, but they people in the park can't see you.

It's amazing.

The spa itself is beautfal, with anciant 'roman type' baths with beautifal paintings etched along the entire walls, deep relief solid wood locker rooms, with pine slotted japanese style floors, high-end hair products, complimentary spring water, and your own pool-side pool service AND full bar, with special drinks and treats you can only get poolside.

Although the outdoor area is indeed only open in Summer, if you ask nicely, they will let you walk around the pool, and it's wonderous gardens, winding paths, and outstanding DisneySea-level detail. The gardens, and secret paths, especially. Just so memorable. The italian music they pipe in (which is all original for the park and hotel) changes depending on where you're walking in the back... which gives you an idea of how surprisngly big the area back there is. Just beautifal.

Since I happened to have my room directly ABOVE the indoor pool, here's some interesting photos of above the dome of the indoor pool, an overview of the outdoor pool (AND outdoor fountains), and to the right Venice in DisneySea and how it all interconnects and works perfectly.

http://web.mac.com/okwhatev/iWeb/dis...%20VENICE.html

THe inside of the men's spa, as you ladies will never get to see it (of course, I'll never get to see what wonders are in the ladies' room!!)

Some Spa-Exclusive views of Venice.

Now THAT'S a bench!!!!

More art from inside the men's spa...

Stained glass looking into the dome into the indoor pool.

The edge of Venice and how it connects to the right side of the indoor pool, while keeping it seperate. The effect (from inside the pool) is stunning.

The outdoor pool, the large fountain, and little glimpses of the garden delights peeking out.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    It IS part of the spa. Actually, most high-end hotels have their Spa facilities seperate from the hotel, unless you are staying in a "spa-room" (which, incidentally, are offered at MiraCosta.)

Anyhow, the pool and spa area is truly magnificent. The main (indoor) pool, is one big oval thing with the most fantastic italian marble tiles lining the bottom. It's slippery yet not, but make your feet GLIDE across the bottom. There's an ice cold tiny oval, and then a 'hot tub' oval, to the left and right of the big one (kind of like a hidden mickey, but you'd have to see it to see how they played it down). Again, I can't stress how amazing just walking over the marble tiled pool is, while looking up at a amazing dome of copper, stained glass, and italian etechings. Oh yeah, and just to your left there's huge windows and you can see Venice and the canals inside DisneySea, but they people in the park can't see you.

It's amazing.

The spa itself is beautfal, with anciant 'roman type' baths with beautifal paintings etched along the entire walls, deep relief solid wood locker rooms, with pine slotted japanese style floors, high-end hair products, complimentary spring water, and your own pool-side pool service AND full bar, with special drinks and treats you can only get poolside.

Although the outdoor area is indeed only open in Summer, if you ask nicely, they will let you walk around the pool, and it's wonderous gardens, winding paths, and outstanding DisneySea-level detail. The gardens, and secret paths, especially. Just so memorable. The italian music they pipe in (which is all original for the park and hotel) changes depending on where you're walking in the back... which gives you an idea of how surprisngly big the area back there is. Just beautifal.

Since I happened to have my room directly ABOVE the indoor pool, here's some interesting photos of above the dome of the indoor pool, an overview of the outdoor pool (AND outdoor fountains), and to the right Venice in DisneySea and how it all interconnects and works perfectly.

http://web.mac.com/okwhatev/iWeb/dis...%20VENICE.html
    The design of Tokyo DisneySea just never ceases to amaze me. Do you know if they play background music indoors as well?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

--
    Last edited by kayoss; 03-30-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: double post!

Just curious, would this type of experience not seem worth $18 to you? Would you rather have every single guest of the (always booked to capacity) hotel down in the pools and spa with you? For what they provide, the tranquility of it all, and best of all the brief "ESCAPE" into another world, while still feeling like you're in DisneySea.... I'm surprised it's not $50 (which would STILL be worth it). And folks wonder why this stuff doesn't get built in the states.

• Pilot EdForceOne

thanks for posting the photos kayoss! helps put dimension to it all!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    Just curious, would this type of experience not seem worth $18 to you? Would you rather have every single guest of the (always booked to capacity) hotel down in the pools and spa with you? For what they provide, the tranquility of it all, and best of all the brief "ESCAPE" into another world, while still feeling like you're in DisneySea.... I'm surprised it's not $50 (which would STILL be worth it). And folks wonder why this stuff doesn't get built in the states.
    I agree. In fact, staying at the Hotel MiraCosta is such an unforgettable experience that even the $500+/night fee seems cheap for the total immersion you're getting.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    The design of Tokyo DisneySea just never ceases to amaze me. Do you know if they play background music indoors as well?
    Yes indeed. It's a pretty long 'loop'. I'd guess about 2 hours or so. At least for the indoor pool area. The outdoor pool area is totally different, and then there's variations of the themes down the little winding paths. Really nice touch. And VERY subtle. If you didn't notice that type of thing normally, it would totally pass you by. But it's all about....

....attention to detail.... isn't it?

Just outside the indoor pool, my back towards the outdoor pool and fountain.

By the way, my point in taking pictures of the fixtures, moldings, reliefs, and furniture in my room was to show how the attention to detail NEVER stops. The whole Tokyo DisneySea park and MiraCosta have raised the bar so high, I doubt anyone would ever be able to build something close to it again. But, hey.... at least it's real!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast