Thread: Disney la carte

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Disney la carte

Joe has just recently updated his Tokyo Disney Resort's park calender over on his site...

And I've noticed that between Sept 12th and 31st of Oct 2007 Tokyo Disney Seas will be having a new special event titled Disney la carte.

Do you think like this will be the TDS version of the food and wine festival from Epcot,just like the current Spring Carnival is the TDS version of Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival ?

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Disney la carte

If it is, "a la carte" is an odd name. I mean, it's pretty much translates into "Disney off the cart," which screams kiosk merch. all over the park for cheap. Course, that's just going by the title.

• Banned User

One has to wonder if this will be some kind of promotional tie in to promote the newest Pixar movie ratatouille.Seeing that the movie is about a Rat who lives on the streets of Paris and how he becomes a chef.

• The Darkness to Light

That kind of thing is done in the states from what I've seen from Joe and TDLFAN's trip reports. TDR tends to not do any blatent movie promotions like WDW and DLR does, and if they do, I haven't seen it photographed by anyone yet.

• Banned User

Im not saying a direct movie tie in,as the movie is out every where this Summer,and is a Disney movie not a OLC movie.But with la carte being a french term thats used in French resturants.I could see this being a french food and wine festival and it would not suprise me to see the characters from the new Pixar movie performing in a show or greeting guest.As well as soft toys and other forms of merchandise baring the Ratatouille characters names being sold.Also I'm sure the Japanese would love to see some new characters from the brand new Disney/Pixar movie making apearances in Tokyo Disney Seas.A park thats rather short on characters at the moment.